Miami working on Richt extension

You both should be at band camp. I have no ******* Idea what I just read.

If any mods had any integrity around here this quote wouldn't even exist.

lol I'm saying it doesn't matter if Richt goes 11-3 or 10-4 every year and never wins a title. He will NEVER be fired for doing this. The admin will sooner shut the program down before they fire Richt, and they'll give a huge middle finger to any Cane "fans" or trolls who bi*tch about it or fly banners.

Advertisement
lol I'm saying it doesn't matter if Richt goes 11-3 or 10-4 every year and never wins a title. He will NEVER be fired for doing this. The admin will sooner shut the program down before they fire Richt, and they'll give a huge middle finger to any Cane "fans" or trolls who bi*tch about it or fly banners.

Well I for one wouldn't be laughing if we did that. And I know I'm not alone.

Well I for one wouldn't be laughing if we did that. And I know I'm not alone.

After the purgatory of the past 15 years, most fans should be **** happy to finally be relevant again. 11-3 guarantees us a top 10 finish most years, 10-4 a top 20 finish. There would literally be only 3-5 programs that would average more than 10.5 wins per season (Saban, Meyer, Dabno, and a couple others maybe). You wouldn't be happy with this? We'd contend for the division every year, win the ACC once in awhile, play in a BCS bowl too. We'd have excitement back at Hard Rock, get great recruiting classes, see tons of Miami kids get drafted and do well in the NFL.

After the purgatory of the past 15 years, most fans should be **** happy to finally be relevant again. 11-3 guarantees us a top 10 finish most years, 10-4 a top 20 finish. There would literally be only 3-5 programs that would average more than 10.5 wins per season (Saban, Meyer, Dabno, and a couple others maybe). You wouldn't be happy with this? We'd contend for the division every year, win the ACC once in awhile, play in a BCS bowl too. We'd have excitement back at Hard Rock, get great recruiting classes, see tons of Miami kids get drafted and do well in the NFL.

I am sure you will proudly hang that Miami Coastal Champ shirt right next to all your participation trophies you racked up through middle school.

What a ridiculous stat. We played all 3 of them in the same year 3 times since 1987. Mayby we should have gave Golden an extension since he was the first and only coach to win against Cincinatti, Arkansas State, and UNC in the same year.

Actually it's the 4th time since 1987 we've played all 3 in the same season. Granted that one of the years that we played all 3 teams (2016), Richt himself was the coach.

And honestly beating ND in 2010 and 2012 would have been pretty difficult. In 2012 they made the NC game. In 2010 we were playing with an interim coach in freezing weather.

Essentially Richt has been the coach the only 2 times we've played an ND team that didn't go to the NC game while we had a normal coaching situation.

Advertisement
Actually it's the 4th time since 1987 we've played all 3 in the same season. Granted that one of the years that we played all 3 (2016), Richt himself was the coach.

And honestly beating ND in 2010 and 2012 would have been pretty difficult. In 2012 they made the NC game. In 2010 we were playing with an interim coach in freezing weather.

I didn't phrase it well, but I meant that there where only 3 other opportunities for us to beat all 3 teams in one season. He was acting as if we played these 3 team every year for the past 31 years, but only Richt was able to beat them all. In fact the only coaches that actually had a chance was Richt twice, Stoutland once, and Golden once. Also, like you said, Golden lost to the team that made the NC game. So yes, Richt did what Golden and Stoutland couldn't do. What a great reason to renew his contract. Also, I am fine with Richt getting a new contract I just wanted to point out the foolishness of that statement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back