Miami working on Richt extension

Advertisement
Maybe just the best season in 15 years? Maybe the first division title ever?
Maybe the first coach to notch wins over FSU, Notre Dame, and VaTech since 1987?

And he did it with a backup 3rd baseman playing QB.
The best season in 15 years? 2003 was better than last year and IDK about 04-05.

By the time we were playing Va Tech on a regular basis we weren't playing Notre Dame anymore. Of course there aren't very many years where we beat FSU, ND and Va Tech in the same year. We never played ND between 1990 and 2010 and we didn't play Va Tech very often before 1992.

How is winning the division extension worthy? Winning the ACC maybe but not winning the division.

How is winning the division extension worthy? Winning the ACC maybe but not winning the division.

You are disregarding where the program was when Richt was hired. I know you clearly remember 2001, but it's now 2018. "How is it extension worthy?" because it is a dramatic improvement. It's also more than what our last two coaches did combined. They also got extensions. They also got fired, so chill.

What's wrong with Georgia results? You're sucking off Kirby but he did exactly what Richt did his first two years in Georgia. And he's doing it with Richt's recruits.

You would be content averaging 3.6 losses a year? Winning the Coastal outright only three times in 15 years? I guess it's more palatable with three other split division titles.

What about only two ACC championships in those 15 years. What about having a 10 year ( that's what he had before he was fired) ACC championship draught?

What about no shot at a title, not even making the game with a chance once?

So you asked what? Yes, I have a problem with Georgia results. In particular when you finish with a top ten class all but 2 of those years. Just outside at 11 and 12, so it wasn't ever a bad result.

**** right, I have an issue with Georgia like results here. Perhaps I'm living in the past and perhaps my expectations are unreasonable. Still, I want better than that.

There's no sucking off Kirby here. You can try and diminish him all you like, but there's one truth about Kirby last year. He took Georgia closer to the top than Right ever did. Even if you subscribe to the idea that it was a fluke since it was with Richt's players, Richt still never did it. He also finished with the top class, Clemson was **** good with a smaller class, again something Richt never did.

I like Richt, **** of a guy. He isn't above being questioned though. That's where me and apparently many disagree on.

Last edited:
You would be content averaging 3.6 losses a year? Winning the Coastal outright only three times in 15 years? I guess it's more palatable with three other split division titles.

What about only two ACC championships in those 15 years. What about having a 10 year ( that's what he had before he was fired) ACC championship draught?

What about no shot at a title, not even making the game with a chance once?

So you asked what? Yes, I have a problem with Georgia results. In particular when you finish with a top ten class all but 2 of those years. Just outside at 11 and 12, so it wasn't ever a bad result.

**** right, I have an issue with Georgia like results here. Perhaps I'm living in the past and perhaps my expectations are unreasonable. Still, I want better than that.
Well 9 of those 15 seasons he was in the SEC, an SEC team won the Natty, so knocking him because he didn’t win the SEC more is the exact same as saying he should have won the natty more.

Tell you what. The next time the ACC goes on s 9 championships in 15 seasons run we can go back to pretending that this is a fair comparison. Until then, all we have to do is win the ACC and we got a shot. Richt got us on the doorstep of that goal in only his second season with only 78 of 85 scholarships filled and s backup 3rd baseman for a QB.

I like our odds with him going forward.

Advertisement
You are disregarding where the program was when Richt was hired. I know you clearly remember 2001, but it's now 2018. "How is it extension worthy?" because it is a dramatic improvement. It's also more than what our last two coaches did combined. They also got extensions. They also got fired, so chill.

Well, if the measuring stick is the last two coaches.......end the discussion.

Coker won three conference titles, should we have extended him? Oh, wait, we did and it cost us more in the long run monetarily. What was the positive to that premature extension?

Richt needs to show more. He's already got several years left and has a lot to prove. He literally **** the bed last year, no denying that. It isn't all on him and hopefully this issues are addressed. Show me they are and then talk extension.

Last edited:
Maybe just the best season in 15 years? Maybe the first division title ever?
Maybe the first coach to notch wins over FSU, Notre Dame, and VaTech since 1987?

And he did it with a backup 3rd baseman playing QB.

What a ridiculous stat. We played all 3 of them in the same year 3 times since 1987. Mayby we should have gave Golden an extension since he was the first and only coach to win against Cincinatti, Arkansas State, and UNC in the same year.

Well 9 of those 15 seasons he was in the SEC, an SEC team won the Natty, so knocking him because he didn’t win the SEC more is the exact same as saying he should have won the natty more.

Tell you what. The next time the ACC goes on s 9 championships in 15 seasons run we can go back to pretending that this is a fair comparison. Until then, all we have to do is win the ACC and we got a shot. Richt got us on the doorstep of that goal in only his second season with only 78 of 85 scholarships filled and s backup 3rd baseman for a QB.

I like our odds with him going forward.

There's nothing wrong with you liking our odds.

The rest though are just excuses. The SEC is still around and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. So what then? Why can he stop the SEC juggernaut hetr with all the media bias people claim when he couldn't do it an SEC school? What about the claim by many here that the SEC is overrated? You can't have it both ways.

By the way, you never answered my question which I laid out in my previous post. You would be happy with those results? In particular his last ten years?

That was one mess of a post.

Not even sure what your point was, other than you and ****ies-scare-me are on the same team now

For a guy who comes across as someone who's the smartest guy in the room, you sure don't show it.

How about you address what he said rather than your typical personal attacks? You're a little punk who has nothing to say but your normal school yard buffoonery.

Advertisement
For a guy who comes across as someone who's the smartest guy in the room, you sure don't show it.

How about you address what he said rather than your typical personal attacks? You're a little punk who has nothing to say but your normal school yard buffoonery.

I’m not the smartest guy in the room, but it seems that way because I’m way smarter than you.

Also, I don’t respond to the ramblings of obsessed posters. Every single one of his posts is an anti-Richt diatribe. I just like to laugh at his mad obsession. There’s really nothing to respond to.

Also to venture a guess, the reason why we see so many premature extensions for coaches nowadays is to show recruits that they have "job security". Or at least that's a part of it. Not saying that's what's happening here, just commenting on the general trend.

I’m not the smartest guy in the room, but it seems that way because I’m way smarter than you.

Also, I don’t respond to the ratings of obsessed posters. Every single one of his posts is an anti-Richt diatribe. I just like to laugh at his mad obsession. There’s really nothing to respond to.

Predictable response from a guy who adds nothing to this board but smart *** comments. That doesnt make you smart, it just means you're a punk who runs his mouth online and abstains from any serious talk by tossing said insults whichever way the wind is blowing that day.

Well super duper smart guy, here's your chance. Humor me and the other simpletons who post here and attack his points with a clear and concise rebuttal. Show us all how smart you really are.

Predictable response from a guy who adds nothing to this board but smart *** comments. That doesnt make you smart, it just means you're a punk who runs his mouth online and abstains from any serious talk by tossing said insults whichever way the wind is blowing that day.

Well super duper smart guy, here's your chance. Humor me and the other simpletons who post here and attack his points with a clear and concise rebuttal. Show us all how smart you really are.

Here’s my rebuttal:

7D12F01C-EBAC-4113-8B73-DF6ED3B49E6F.gif

Advertisement

You suck off Kirby smart yet he has done nothing that Richt didn’t do at uga, finishing second to saban which Richt already did. Not only that, Kirby smart has been literally ONE game better than Richt the past two years. Yet you want to **** on Richt and suck Kirby’s ***.

This tells me you’re nothing but a troll.

And btw, Richt ain’t ever leaving here unless he want to. The administration will sooner shut the program down before they fire Richt. And by the off chance that you’re a fan instead of a troll, I’m gonna laugh my *** off when I read your tears after another highly successful 11-3 season.

Also to venture a guess, the reason why we see so many premature extensions for coaches nowadays is to show recruits that they have "job security". Or at least that's a part of it. Not saying that's what's happening here, just commenting on the general trend.

Probably correct.

Well, if the measuring stick is the last two coaches.......end the discussion.

Coker won three conference titles, should we have extended him? Oh, wait, we did and it cost us more in the long run monetarily. What was the positive to that premature extension?

Richt needs to show more. He's already got several years left and has a lot to prove. He literally **** the bed last year, no denying that. It isn't all on him and hopefully this issues are addressed. Show me they are and then talk extension.

Wait when did Richt **** the bed last year? Are you talking about the games we lost without our starting RB, TE, and WR? The three players many of us said the season would hinge on?

Advertisement
Wait when did Richt **** the bed last year? Are you talking about the games we lost without our starting RB, TE, and WR? The three players many of us said the season would hinge on?
Dude. Where have you been? The back up 3rd baseman didn't throw for 400 yards while completing 70% of his passes. It's obviously his fault we lost and Rick's as well for not having a Heisman candidate under center in draft class 2.

LOL, and with only having a 72 scholarship players on the roster. He basically turn water into wine, and folks still get ****ed that it wasn't chardonnay. Geez, tough crowd.

Actually 2004-2005 was a better win %. .750 those 2 years vs .730 the last 2 years. And that was vs a tougher schedule. According to Sagarin we had the 9th and 22nd best schedules in 2004-2005 and have had the 26th and 29th toughest schedules the last 2 years.
Technically you're correct. I was going on most wins over a two year period but yes, the win percentage was better in 04-05. So it's the best two year run in 13 years, not 14.

Advertisement
Back