Miami wins because...

TheProf

Sophomore
Purgatory
_________.

What's the key in your eyes for Miami securing the win? I'll go ahead and get the obvious answer out of the way. They score more points.

The key in my eyes is our defense, but to be specific for the sake of the thread, I'll say stopping the run. I don't believe A&M, even with their athletes in the skill positions, can pass their way up and down the field, so if our run fits continue to be stellar and they're getting like 1-2 yards per carry on designed runs, then I think that sets us up beautifully as long as 1) our DBs aren't getting toasted, and 2) our offense is competent.

Advertisement
1. were absolutely perfect on offense imo. - it was another thread but someone mentioned how nearly perfect App was in big money downs. thats key and likely not easily replicated but we gotta be as close to them as possible.
2. our DBs force 2 turnovers

I just have a feeling we win this game because their QB situation looks like crap. They will throw some picks and fumble the ball.
Our QB situation is much better.

Advertisement
_________.

What's the key in your eyes for Miami securing the win? I'll go ahead and get the obvious answer out of the way. They score more points.

The key in my eyes is our defense, but to be specific for the sake of the thread, I'll say stopping the run. I don't believe A&M, even with their athletes in the skill positions, can pass their way up and down the field, so if our run fits continue to be stellar and they're getting like 1-2 yards per carry on designed runs, then I think that sets us up beautifully as long as 1) our DBs aren't getting toasted, and 2) our offense is competent.
We have to play a clean game because we have little margin for error due to holes at a couple defensive positions and questions remaining on offense. A&M has similar questions. I think whichever team plays the cleanest game, minimizing drive-killing penalties (or extending the opponents drives due to penalties) and turnovers, will walk out with the win.

It’s pretty simple to me force them to drive the ball to score and don’t turn the ball over and we should have a great shot.

Our offensive line

A lot is being made about A&Ms offense but their defense it tough and physical

In the past these are the games we get bullied

Advertisement
I think these 5 things have to happen

1. We score TDs in the red zone, not FGs
2. We protect TVD and the ball
3. We don’t commit more than 50 yards in penalties
4. We average over 5 yards per play
5. We win special teams

TVD. TVD. And TVD.

It's as simple as that for me. He is leagues ahead of A&M QBs and QB is the most important position on the field. If TVD goes out and cements his status as a potential 1st round pick (top 10 pick maybe?) then the game is ours. A&M offense will not be able to keep up with TVD if he lives up to his hype.

Advertisement
We'll score more points than them. And I don't mean that sarcastically.

I just think our offense is built to adjust. We can run the ball or throw the ball and we can be slow and methodical or quick strike if needed. I expect Gattis to prove why he won the Broyles award this game by surprising A&M with a bunch of unexpected looks and plays.

And our DL will keep their offense off balance all game.

1. Tackle and get off the field on 3rd down defensively
2. Create negative plays/Turnovers against their offense
3. Respond to their big plays/TD (It's going to happen)
4. Communicate
5. Score TD's not 3's
6. Be creative offensively.
7. OL has to be better against stunts and delay blitez
8. TVD has to be accurate and give his WR's chance for YAC

Advertisement
We win because our offense is efficient. Top rushing team in the ACC and top 3 nationally behind Michigan and Minnesota. Also our passing offense is around 13/14 nationally

1. We have a solid defense that can create three and outs against a mediocre offense.
2. We have a good offense that can move the ball and find opportunities.

Advertisement
Back