Miami Will Have A Top 10 Defense In 2015

Bingo! It's all smoke and mirrors with Golden. Anyone still buying his crap is a complete sucker!

Btw, Offense finished 4th in ACC last year, which is a joke considering the NFL talent, however we were 9th in scoring. 9th folks! In the pathetic ACC!

Smoke and Mirrors

Scoring Defense is all that matters....... 36th in Scoring Defense......

Goldens defense gave up 40 TD's last year......

Enough Said........

Advertisement
pass rush should technically be great but the coaches will make sure these guys run into each other

mccord
aqm
chad
kamalu
owens
harris
djack

The only that matters is gap control. Getting to the QB or tackle for losses will not be tolerated.

Helluva post OP.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that we were finally able to enjoy a vintage (top 15 in the country) Miami defense last year. I'm in complete agreement that 2015 should be even better.

Advertisement
I dont know about a top 10 defense. But this defense will be scary good and much improved from last years. Its the oline that scares me they most.

I dont know about a top 10 defense. But this defense will be scary good and much improved from last years. Its the oline that scares me they most.

So last year's defense that finished 14th will be "scary good" and "much improved" but won't move into the top 10? It's so "scary good" that best case scenario it improves by three spots? How does that work?

It's scary, alright.... Scares the crap out of me every time it takes the field under the direction of this current HC & DC.

OP forgot the "g" at the beginning of his screen name.

Teams usually do improve greatly when they have to replace all their best and most veteran players. All the guys who spent years dogging Chick will see how important he was, and they'll realize quickly just what a phenomenal player Perryman was too.

Advertisement

So last year's defense that finished 14th will be "scary good" and "much improved" but won't move into the top 10? It's so "scary good" that best case scenario it improves by three spots? How does that work?

Okay then, Top 10 its is.

While watching the games last year did you see a top D?

15+ sacks between AQM and Chad Thomas? lmao

Don't you need to run an aggressive attacking defense for that to happen?

Last time I checked we run a low risk, conservative D where we sit back and wait (hope) for the offense to make mistakes.

Advertisement
I have no doubt in my mind that Miami will be no less than stellar on defense this upcoming season.

Starting with the front seven, I think the attrition was good with the loss of Chick and Pierre on the DL. There is no way Miami can't generate a consistent pass rush with AQM and Chad Thomas as bookends who I think will combine for 15+ sacks between them, with Trent Harris, Kamalu, and a young DJack in the rotation. DT play should be solid with Wyche, Moten, Jenkins and Heurtelou. Good depth/rotation there.

LB play I think will be stout with the combination of Grace, Kirby and Owens. I think Charles Perry will open eyes as a freshman. Grace will be an All-American.

I think the DB play will be reminiscent of the big play secondaries of old that Miami is used to. I think Tracy Howard will have an All-ACC type year with the pass rush being dramatically improved. I think Artie Burns will finally play like the dog he know he can be and I think Corn Elder will be a complete menace as the Nickle Back. I expect a young Jaquan Johnson to be the freshman sensation that everyone expects. I believe that the "light bulb" has came on for Jamal Carter. I think that it took him some time to develop his on field awareness and raise his football IQ. If that's the case, he will have his lone good year and be gone because he's physically ready for the NFL now. I think Deon Bush will have a year that will go down in Canes lore. He is a senior with the world of ability, elite skillset and smarts that will go out and play with a chip on his shoulder. Also big-play Rashawn Jenkins will be back on the field this season.

All in all, for a defense that improved to be ranked 14th last season, I think the stars have aligned for Miami to have a terrorizing defense that will be among the nations elite.

Your Missing Mccord and Hamilton on the D-Line they are saying he is much improved so he will get some PT. we are young and talented for sure they just have to let the dogs loose.

How long are we standing by the "we just need to let the dogs loose" moniker until we realize that's not going to happen?

The dogs are as loose as they're going to get.

I have no doubt in my mind that Miami will be no less than stellar on defense this upcoming season.

Starting with the front seven, I think the attrition was good with the loss of Chick and Pierre on the DL. There is no way Miami can't generate a consistent pass rush with AQM and Chad Thomas as bookends who I think will combine for 15+ sacks between them, with Trent Harris, Kamalu, and a young DJack in the rotation. DT play should be solid with Wyche, Moten, Jenkins and Heurtelou. Good depth/rotation there.

LB play I think will be stout with the combination of Grace, Kirby and Owens. I think Charles Perry will open eyes as a freshman. Grace will be an All-American.

I think the DB play will be reminiscent of the big play secondaries of old that Miami is used to. I think Tracy Howard will have an All-ACC type year with the pass rush being dramatically improved. I think Artie Burns will finally play like the dog he know he can be and I think Corn Elder will be a complete menace as the Nickle Back. I expect a young Jaquan Johnson to be the freshman sensation that everyone expects. I believe that the "light bulb" has came on for Jamal Carter. I think that it took him some time to develop his on field awareness and raise his football IQ. If that's the case, he will have his lone good year and be gone because he's physically ready for the NFL now. I think Deon Bush will have a year that will go down in Canes lore. He is a senior with the world of ability, elite skillset and smarts that will go out and play with a chip on his shoulder. Also big-play Rashawn Jenkins will be back on the field this season.

All in all, for a defense that improved to be ranked 14th last season, I think the stars have aligned for Miami to have a terrorizing defense that will be among the nations elite.

Your Missing Mccord and Hamilton on the D-Line they are saying he is much improved so he will get some PT. we are young and talented for sure they just have to let the dogs loose.

How long are we standing by the "we just need to let the dogs loose" moniker until we realize that's not going to happen?

The dogs are as loose as they're going to get.

tumblr_lvnknxW6Si1qzkw5ao1_400.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement

While watching the games last year did you see a top D?

Honestly no, not in the aspect in which i expect. I expect a hard hitting attacking defense that offenses are get intimidated by. Everyone knows they run a softer defense(bend dont break). But they were better on paper, which is what really should matter. Im excited to see our Dline, it will be one of the most explosively talented groups miamis had in a long time. I hope the coaches get them to over achieve this year.

Helluva post OP.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that we were finally able to enjoy a vintage (top 15 in the country) Miami defense last year. I'm in complete agreement that 2015 should be even better.

How you enjoy a top 15 defense going 6-7?

Exactly. They need to, FINALLY, let them take chances and be aggressive.

Advertisement
Back