Miami Will Have A Top 10 Defense In 2015

Ayeplus

Freshman
I have no doubt in my mind that Miami will be no less than stellar on defense this upcoming season.

Starting with the front seven, I think the attrition was good with the loss of Chick and Pierre on the DL. There is no way Miami can't generate a consistent pass rush with AQM and Chad Thomas as bookends who I think will combine for 15+ sacks between them, with Trent Harris, Kamalu, and a young DJack in the rotation. DT play should be solid with Wyche, Moten, Jenkins and Heurtelou. Good depth/rotation there.

LB play I think will be stout with the combination of Grace, Kirby and Owens. I think Charles Perry will open eyes as a freshman. Grace will be an All-American.

I think the DB play will be reminiscent of the big play secondaries of old that Miami is used to. I think Tracy Howard will have an All-ACC type year with the pass rush being dramatically improved. I think Artie Burns will finally play like the dog he know he can be and I think Corn Elder will be a complete menace as the Nickle Back. I expect a young Jaquan Johnson to be the freshman sensation that everyone expects. I believe that the "light bulb" has came on for Jamal Carter. I think that it took him some time to develop his on field awareness and raise his football IQ. If that's the case, he will have his lone good year and be gone because he's physically ready for the NFL now. I think Deon Bush will have a year that will go down in Canes lore. He is a senior with the world of ability, elite skillset and smarts that will go out and play with a chip on his shoulder. Also big-play Rashawn Jenkins will be back on the field this season.

All in all, for a defense that improved to be ranked 14th last season, I think the stars have aligned for Miami to have a terrorizing defense that will be among the nations elite.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So everyone on our defense is going to have an All-Conference or even All American year? Well guys we got our wish. Al Golden will be gone. He will be headed to the NFL after this season we are about to have

Advertisement
pass rush should technically be great but the coaches will make sure these guys run into each other

mccord
aqm
chad
kamalu
owens
harris
djack

Advertisement
This thread will be revisited . I think you're looking more at player potential than player development. We'll see tho

homer-fear2.jpg

I have no doubt in my mind that Miami will be no less than stellar on defense this upcoming season.

Starting with the front seven, I think the attrition was good with the loss of Chick and Pierre on the DL. There is no way Miami can't generate a consistent pass rush with AQM and Chad Thomas as bookends who I think will combine for 15+ sacks between them, with Trent Harris, Kamalu, and a young DJack in the rotation. DT play should be solid with Wyche, Moten, Jenkins and Heurtelou. Good depth/rotation there.

LB play I think will be stout with the combination of Grace, Kirby and Owens. I think Charles Perry will open eyes as a freshman. Grace will be an All-American.

I think the DB play will be reminiscent of the big play secondaries of old that Miami is used to. I think Tracy Howard will have an All-ACC type year with the pass rush being dramatically improved. I think Artie Burns will finally play like the dog he know he can be and I think Corn Elder will be a complete menace as the Nickle Back. I expect a young Jaquan Johnson to be the freshman sensation that everyone expects. I believe that the "light bulb" has came on for Jamal Carter. I think that it took him some time to develop his on field awareness and raise his football IQ. If that's the case, he will have his lone good year and be gone because he's physically ready for the NFL now. I think Deon Bush will have a year that will go down in Canes lore. He is a senior with the world of ability, elite skillset and smarts that will go out and play with a chip on his shoulder. Also big-play Rashawn Jenkins will be back on the field this season.

All in all, for a defense that improved to be ranked 14th last season, I think the stars have aligned for Miami to have a terrorizing defense that will be among the nations elite.

Your Missing Mccord and Hamilton on the D-Line they are saying he is much improved so he will get some PT. we are young and talented for sure they just have to let the dogs loose.

Advertisement
Can we ban OP? This is so bad it's offensive.

yeah can we please do this?
go to ****in' **** OP

For what? Last year before the season I stated that Miami had top 10 total defense potential, but instead I called for top 25. They ended up finishing 13th/14th Total Defense.

What most of you on here are not looking at, nor do not care for, is defensive improvement, just WINS, which is understandable.

Miami had the 13th/14th rated defense and only won 6 games last season. Miami can have a top 10 defense this season and still go 7-5 and the fact that Miami finished top 10 in total D wouldn't even matter.

As far as the backlash, nothing I said in the OP is unrealistic though.

Advertisement
Can we ban OP? This is so bad it's offensive.

yeah can we please do this?
go to ****in' **** OP

For what? Last year before the season I stated that Miami had top 10 total defense potential, but instead I called for top 25. They ended up finishing 13th/14th Total Defense.

What most of you on here are not looking at, nor do not care for, is defensive improvement, just WINS, which is understandable.

Miami had the 13th/14th rated defense and only won 6 games last season. Miami can have a top 10 defense this season and still go 7-5 and the fact that Miami finished top 10 in total D wouldn't even matter.

As far as the backlash, nothing I said in the OP is unrealistic though.

The problem is that you are not looking at important stats. You look at the stats that make it look like the best situation. Remember when Golden said yards don't matter but points do? Then when our yards looked good, he points to that as an important stat.

You are ignoring our performance on 3rd down. You are ignoring the fact that we slowed the game down so our defense has less opportunities to get scored on. You're ignoring the fact that we still could only win 6 games against a soft *** schedule.

I don't give a flying **** what the defense is ranked if we do not have a top 10 bcs ranking.

I was expecting the OP to predict us as having a top ten defense in some obscure category. Our defense blows because it is designed to allow points on every drive and to have a very high percentage of those points be TDs. Slow plodding defense that does not give up any X plays and minimizes opponents number of possessions by allowing 10-12 minute drives against.

Advertisement
Back