Miami will be better than FSU in 2015

I agree with this. Which is why I agreed in the other thread that there are parallels to 99 this season. There was just something about the game, having conversations with FSU fans that I SWEAR were identical to 99, with them going on and on about Kaaya and how as he grows and gets better they are very worried about UM going forward.

Last year we had a senior QB who flopped. Huge disappointment. This year has been a major disappointment, but from a fan perspective. For outside observers, they felt this would be more or less where we are. A team that lost its QB option before the season, and would have to start a TRUE Frosh with some tough games on the road early. But you cannot help but feel there is some MAJOR young talent on this team that is going to be heard from next year and beyond. Kaaya is the critical piece we have been missing. If he keeps progressing like this, he's going to be the best QB we have had sine Dorsey. The OL has some young guys on it that are looking like studs now and getting critical reps, guys like Linder and Darling are TRUE Frosh, and were holding their own against one of the best DLs in college football. When KC comes back, that will be some major young talent along the OL. Our DBs have also really started balling. As have our LBs. Kirby is 100% better player since the first few games this season. He still makes mistakes, but he has come a LONG way. Losing DP will hurt, but Grace and Owens are looking VERY promising. Also getting AQM back will really help this pass rush, Huertlou and Wyche will be back, and hopefully in MUCH better shape to contribute. Chad Thomas will be in better shape, and more experienced in the defense.

IF we can keep our RB recruits, get some decent LBs, and a kicker, this team CAN win the ACC next year, and not just the "we have the talent to", I mean even with Golden at the helm and questionable coaching. Would really help of Yearby can add some bulk and get stronger for next season. He's still a bit too light and gets brought down to easy. Once he can break through a hole at the line, he's going to be a solid RB for us. He has great feet and vision, just doesn't have the strength to break tackles yet.

I don't care for "moral victories" either. But you also have to be fair and objective. We have improved as the season has gone on. The defense has looked much better since GT. Kaaya has really improved. The OL, and especially run blocking has improved. I have something right now, despite Golden's shortcomings, that I simply did NOT have after last season, a very objective belief that this team is going to be MUCH better.

Advertisement
I'm not saying we 'll be better than them but they definitely won't be improving losing that guy

So the entire FSU team wont be better next year?

No ,I'm saying when you lose a once a decade player the odds of you improving are low . They'll go back to being a 2-3 loss team , and there's nothing wrong with that. That's what they were before Winston .

SO even though Jimbo has an even more loaded roster of talent constantly coming in since the days were he simply just won the ACC and Orange Bowl that they are definitely going back to a 3 loss team bc Winston is gone?

Do you really think that FSU will bring back the same exact roster under Manuel or something? i'm just trying to figure out how deep this delusion is?

Fsu has been loaded since jimbo has been there , but still lost 2-3 games every year. Only thing that changes is Winston. There's a reason why they deal with all his headaches, they know players like that don't come around often .

Sorry you're blind to that Mr Nole. Ironic you mention delusion , I'm speaking on facts , you're speaking on blind fandom .

I'm as realistic as they come.

Last edited:
Winston was a program changer, a once a decade talent. That will be a huge loss, that's just reality.

reality also is, next year without the once a decade talent, FSU will run the table in the ACC and be in the college football playoffs again.

No they won't . They'd have 4 losses this year without Winston.

I need to start a thread titled how to get UM fans to think deeper smh

I need to start a thread how to be a fsu fan on a cane site.

ok let me help you out. Do you even have a clue as to why this team has struggled in 1st halfs this season? Its because FSU is a young team with a lot of players playing for the 1st time. What about they are all coming back dont you understand?

Winston carried them this season, but last season the veteran talented was the reason they were blowing out teams. So it should be logical to assume that without Winston FSU is going to be at least as good as they were this year, which is good enough to be undefeated.

FSU plays in the ACC, explain who in your mind is going to give them 3 losses? and please dont bring up old stuff that has no baring on reality anymore like NcState.

reality also is, next year without the once a decade talent, FSU will run the table in the ACC and be in the college football playoffs again.

ok let me help you out. Do you even have a clue as to why this team has struggled in 1st halfs this season? Its because FSU is a young team with a lot of players playing for the 1st time. What about they are all coming back dont you understand?

Winston carried them this season, but last season the veteran talented was the reason they were blowing out teams. So it should be logical to assume that without Winston FSU is going to be at least as good as they were this year, which is good enough to be undefeated.

FSU plays in the ACC, explain who in your mind is going to give them 3 losses? and please dont bring up old stuff that has no baring on reality anymore like NcState.

Before Winston y'all were losing 2-3 games a year , with waaaaay more talent than everyone else on schedule . That's facts , sorry if you don't like that mr homer.

Advertisement
I'm not saying we 'll be better than them but they definitely won't be improving losing that guy

No ,I'm saying when you lose a once a decade player the odds of you improving are low . They'll go back to being a 2-3 loss team , and there's nothing wrong with that. That's what they were before Winston .

SO even though Jimbo has an even more loaded roster of talent constantly coming in since the days were he simply just won the ACC and Orange Bowl that they are definitely going back to a 3 loss team bc Winston is gone?

Do you really think that FSU will bring back the same exact roster under Manuel or something? i'm just trying to figure out how deep this delusion is?

Fsu has been loaded since jimbo has been there , but still lost 2-3 games every year. Only thing that changes is Winston. There's a reason why they deal with all his headaches, they know players like that don't come around often .

Sorry you're blind to that Mr Nole

What is wrong with you besides being delusional? lol @ FSU being loaded since Jimbo has been there, were you born yesterday? You do know when Jimbo 1st got to FSU as an OC, Florida State was garbage right? He became HC and coached, recruited, and developed the team up to being good enough to win the ACC and Orange Bowl. What are you talking about?

Nobody is saying FSU is going to win national championships every year, you havent even explained how losing Winston equals them being worse of a team. You win the ACC and you qualify for the playoffs, simple as that so even if they do lose 1 or 2 games, they still will have a shot at winning the playoff national championship.

I agree with this. Which is why I agreed in the other thread that there are parallels to 99 this season. There was just something about the game, having conversations with FSU fans that I SWEAR were identical to 99, with them going on and on about Kaaya and how as he grows and gets better they are very worried about UM going forward.

Last year we had a senior QB who flopped. Huge disappointment. This year has been a major disappointment, but from a fan perspective. For outside observers, they felt this would be more or less where we are. A team that lost its QB option before the season, and would have to start a TRUE Frosh with some tough games on the road early. But you cannot help but feel there is some MAJOR young talent on this team that is going to be heard from next year and beyond. Kaaya is the critical piece we have been missing. If he keeps progressing like this, he's going to be the best QB we have had sine Dorsey. The OL has some young guys on it that are looking like studs now and getting critical reps, guys like Linder and Darling are TRUE Frosh, and were holding their own against one of the best DLs in college football. When KC comes back, that will be some major young talent along the OL. Our DBs have also really started balling. As have our LBs. Kirby is 100% better player since the first few games this season. He still makes mistakes, but he has come a LONG way. Losing DP will hurt, but Grace and Owens are looking VERY promising. Also getting AQM back will really help this pass rush, Huertlou and Wyche will be back, and hopefully in MUCH better shape to contribute. Chad Thomas will be in better shape, and more experienced in the defense.

IF we can keep our RB recruits, get some decent LBs, and a kicker, this team CAN win the ACC next year, and not just the "we have the talent to", I mean even with Golden at the helm and questionable coaching. Would really help of Yearby can add some bulk and get stronger for next season. He's still a bit too light and gets brought down to easy. Once he can break through a hole at the line, he's going to be a solid RB for us. He has great feet and vision, just doesn't have the strength to break tackles yet.

I don't care for "moral victories" either. But you also have to be fair and objective. We have improved as the season has gone on. The defense has looked much better since GT. Kaaya has really improved. The OL, and especially run blocking has improved. I have something right now, despite Golden's shortcomings, that I simply did NOT have after last season, a very objective belief that this team is going to be MUCH better.

Kaaya won't have a Franks, Moss or Wayne as targets....He definitely won't have a Davenport or Portis in the backfield with a great Oline in front of them...

Before Winston y'all were losing 2-3 games a year , with waaaaay more talent than everyone else on schedule . That's facts , sorry if you don't like that mr homer.

1st i'm a Cane thats not delusional and because I have a wife thats an FSU fan I have learned to be able to analyze FSU without orange and green glasses on that do nothing but make fans like you look like retards.

Second you're calling me an FSU fan but you are completely exaggerating and basically making up stuff about how "GOAT" FSUs talent has always been? am i talking to a child?

They were talented enough to win the ACC and Orange Bowl and every other bowl game before they got to the Orange Bowl... they lost multiple games because their team wasnt a national championship team like you swear they were and they werent good enough, simple as that.

The EJ Manuel Era their talent was maxed out the year they won the Orange Bowl, they werent any better than that, so how does the past about "before Winston" have to do with the reality of where FSU is as a program currently and throughout the next couple years?

We lose Duke (likely), Perryman, Walford, Flowers (likely), Feliciano, and Dorsett...arguably our top 6 players. I hate to be all doom and gloom, but I don't really see how we'll be better after losing that group.

Flowers would be stupid to leave. He will be a sure fire 1st round pick if he stays for his senior year. If he leaves this year he has a minimal chance at going in the first round unless teams reach for tackles which happens relatively often.

Advertisement
Once Winston leaves Jimbo will be a corch again. His teams were loaded before and his teams always **** the bed and underperformed.

Once Winston leaves Jimbo will be a corch again. His teams were loaded before and his teams always **** the bed and underperformed.

only at Miami does living in delusion make up for the reality of how terrible we are as a football program smh

When a UM fan says another teams coach under performs, that equals ACCCG and Orange Bowl victories.

When i hear from other teams that my teams coach under performs that equals never winning the Coastal, or the ACC, or any type of Bowl game.

You're right Project, FSU really was under performing under Jimbo before Winston. You all are bigger FSU fans than UM fans on here, its crazy.

Yeah, but the problem is we haven't been a 2-3 loss team during the Folden era from what I can recall yet you are saying we will be better than FSU. They've proven to be a 11-2 type team prior to Jameis Winston. We haven't had a record like that since Folden's been here or even prior to Folden.

I can almost guarantee Miami will be ranked in the 2015 preseason polls. Where they go from there is anyones guess.

We're 6-4 and losing our best player on both sides of the ball, how do you figure?

I think we still might win out, have GT vacate a ACC win in the next 3 weeks, beat FSU by 50 in the ACCCG, Beat Alabama by 55 in the first playoff and win a MNC over Oregon 226-2. If we're going to just start throwing **** onto the wall.

Advertisement

Yeah, but the problem is we haven't been a 2-3 loss team during the Folden era from what I can recall yet you are saying we will be better than FSU. They've proven to be a 11-2 type team prior to Jameis Winston. We haven't had a record like that since Folden's been here or even prior to Folden.

11-2 and another Playoff Appearance = "UNDER-PERFORMING" smh

You would think Miami recently won 3 national championships in a row undefeated the way ppl think on this board

Advertisement
Jizzbo is 2-0 against Folden without Jemima, so I don't see why everyone assumes he won't be able to beat Folden without Jemima.

In Cane fantasy land, only UM improves from season to season. No one else does. We will get better despite huge key personnel losses, but all of our opponents will get worse.

Advertisement
Back