Miami will be better than FSU in 2015

Ayeplus

Freshman
Yes FSU has recruited very well these past few years, but with the type of attrition that they are about to experience, they will undoubtedly have a youth movement next season.

FSU is set to lose 8 starters on offense with the likes of Winston, Greene, O'Leary, Los and 4 starters on the OLine. Defensively, FSU doesn't have any senior starters, but with key factors such as Winston leaving, I think we see an exodus of Juniors opting for the NFL draft such as Goldman, Edwards, PJ Williams, Terrence Smith and even Northrup. If and when Winston leaves, I just can't see what the incentive would be to come back, especially when you know you have the goods to have good pro days and combines.

FSU has a lot of talent coming back with the likes of Cook, Wilson and Rudolph, but with McGuire set to take over as the QB, I expect a more run oriented team for FSU next season. Obviously McGuire is no Winston, that is a major downgrade as defenses will crowd the box to stop Cook and force McGuire to beat them.

Miami on the other hand will have perhaps the best QB in the ACC next season, so advantage Miami there. The law of averages say that a RB such as Duke Johnson will forgo his SR season and opt for the draft, but from the rumblings I've heard, don't be surprised if he comes back because mom really wants him to get that degree. I still think he goes, but something to watch.

Miami offensively will lose Dorsett, Walford, 3 OLineman in Shane McDermott, Feliciano and most likely Flowers. The thing is, Miami can rest easy with losing Dorsett as Stacy Coley should really step up and fill that deep threat roll nicely. I also expect Berrios to really break out next season along with Herb Waters and Rayshawn Scott. Miami will be just fine with Dobard and the OLine should be fine as young guys like Linder and Darling got a ton of experience. KC McDermott will also be back to form.

Defensively, Miami is set to lose Chick, Pierre, Armbrister, Perryman, Fentress (thank God) and Gunter. Perryman will be the only big loss here IMO. I expect guys like Bush, Howard and McCord to return for their senior seasons.

As a whole I think Miami defensively will be just fine. At DE, with the return of AQM, that should actually be an upgrade over Chick. Chad Thomas and McCord will be stellar and still have to watch out for Demtrius Jackson. I think at DT, I expect one of Jenkins, Moten and Wyche to take it to the next level. Hertelou will be solid. At LB Miami is rail thin with depth, very scary, but I expect Golden to close nicely on a few LB's in this recruiting cycle and fix the depth, perhaps snagging a few JUCO's. At DB, Miami has some good ones. Burns, Bush (assuming he stays), Howard, Rayshawn Jenkins, Antonio Crawford and Corn. I am very surprised with the low IQ play of Jamaal Carter. It speaks volumes when a walk-on continues to be the better option. I think Jaquan Johnson will be an instant impact guy though.

All in all, if you look at the attrition of both programs, you will see that Miami will be the better team based off of experience, especially at QB. I know this board is harsh, but based off of what the landscape of the ACC will look like next season, Miami not only should beat FSU, but should win the ACC. IMO 2015 is THEE end all be all season for Al Golden.

Advertisement
Didnt read but No we wont

We had FSU beat in the experience department this year, next year they will embarrass Miami at Tallahassee

We lose Duke (likely), Perryman, Walford, Flowers (likely), Feliciano, and Dorsett...arguably our top 6 players. I hate to be all doom and gloom, but I don't really see how we'll be better after losing that group.

We lose Duke (likely), Perryman, Walford, Flowers (likely), Feliciano, and Dorsett...arguably our top 6 players. I hate to be all doom and gloom, but I don't really see how we'll be better after losing that group.

An experienced, talented QB makes up for those losses in spades.

Advertisement
FSU will not have Jameis

He is the only reason they aren't a 3 loss teams in both his seasons there.

Did not read the BullSh*t.

Jimbo is smarter, brighter and more of a game day coach than Folden, so we will always be at a disadvantage.

Advertisement
Here's the problem, Jimbo won't be sitting around satisfied with his staff. I guarantee he gets rid of his DC and looks to upgrade by bringing in Muschamp or someone else. Their defense has significantly under performed. They are also very talent but young. They will be very good again next year. Not championship caliber cause Jameis will be gone but still **** good.

We are losing a lot of solid players, Kaaya will be a year older but I don't know who around him is going to pick up the slack. We shall see.

FSU will not have Jameis

this board is more delusional than other boards i have been on before

Jameis is the only reason because he is the QB for FSU. Next year Jimbo will find someone else to get it done. And as far as last season goes, the players around Jameis was the main reason that team was so dominant not because of Jameis. This season Jameis is special enough to make up for their losses and youth.

Before Jameis, Jimbo had no problems winning the ACC and every bowl game including Orange Bowl. So if because Jameis will be gone next year, FSU wont win a national title but has to "settle" for another ACCCG win and playoff appearance wow what a drop from football stardom that program will face. ???

Is it just that FSU is FSU as to why delusional post like this keep being posted about them?

Advertisement
FSU will not have Jameis

Jameis is the only reason because he is the QB for FSU. Next year Jimbo will find someone else to get it done. And as far as last season goes, the players around Jameis was the main reason that team was so dominant not because of Jameis. This season Jameis is special enough to make up for their losses and youth.

Before Jameis, Jimbo had no problems winning the ACC and every bowl game including Orange Bowl. So if because Jameis will be gone next year, FSU wont win a national title but has to "settle" for another ACCCG win and playoff appearance wow what a drop from football stardom that program will face. ???

Is it just that FSU is FSU as to why delusional post like this keep being posted about them?

Sooooo you really think FSU won't have a tough time regrouping losing key guys like Winston, Greene and O'Leary huh? That in itself is delusional. Look at the trajectory. They lost a lot of guys from 2013 and look very suspect and should be a 3 loss team right now. You can be assured that FSU will lose 3 games in the regular season in 2015.

FSU will not have Jameis

Sooooo you really think FSU won't have a tough time regrouping losing key guys like Winston, Greene and O'Leary huh? That in itself is delusional. Look at the trajectory. They lost a lot of guys from 2013 and look very suspect and should be a 3 loss team right now. You can be assured that FSU will lose 3 games in the regular season in 2015.

"look at the trajectoy" LOL WOW. Fellow CanesFam i need some of you all to see straight. FSU HAS BEEN UNDEFEATED FOR GOING ON TWO YEARS!!

So because they "should" be a 3 loss team this year they are going to lose 3 next? Who is typing this, children? FSU lost a lot of talent last year, that were replaced by freshman, sophomores and 1st year starters. Losing Winston is a big deal but Leary and Greene is nothing because they already have current freshman talent already getting their lumps out the way now, but is still beating US.

WHat about that dont you get, majority of their defense will be back next season. Majority of their offense will be back next season. Cook, Lane, and Rudolph arent going anywhere for the next two years. Matthew Thomas and Reggie Northrup arent going anywhere. They still play in the ACC. There current recruiting class is ridiculous.

Next year they are going to win the ACC again, whose going to beat them? Miami under Golden? lol yeah right. This was Goldens best year to sneak and beat a young FSU team, they wont be young next year except for at QB. And God help us if they start a Dual Threat QB that wont hesitate to run the ball on top of all of that.

We are not beating FSU EVER under Golden.

Advertisement
I can almost guarantee Miami will be ranked in the 2015 preseason polls. Where they go from there is anyones guess.

Grace will pick up perrymans numbers he's gonna be a beast. We have plenty of play makers to stretch the field of course nobody wants to lose a 4.2 guy but we have enough guys. Dobard is gonna be fine also. There's a reason the top juco te last year transferred because he couldn't beat out Standish. And we don't know about flowers or duke yet. There's a chance duke stays to get his degree. His mom doesn't want him to leave without it. Both him and flowers will ask for there draft grades. Of there 3rd Or lower I think they both stay get there degrees and next year flowers can be a 1st round pick and so can duke.

BUT!!!!. we still have Al golden so it doesn't really mattet

I can almost guarantee Miami will be ranked in the 2015 preseason polls. Where they go from there is anyones guess.

Miami under Golden is guaranteed not to be ranked in the 2015 polls, especially if Duke goes pro.

And to the highlighted part :jordan:

Advertisement
Back