Miami wants Jackson's Flowers at WR or S

At least we are being honest with the kid. I've said it from Day 1, I love this kid as an athlete but I would not take him as a QB. I respect what he has done at the HS level with little talent around him, but this is about projections and he projects better as a WR or DB. If he truly insists on playing QB at the next level he will sign with a Marshall level school.

Advertisement
Will he play QB at BAMA?

Not a chance in ****. Telling him what he wants to hear like the 5 rb's they got last year. Hope he goes to USF and blows up. Dudes a baller, but when you list Bama and Marshall, they cancel each other out. Leaving Daaa Bull****z!

Who was last black Bama qb?

Walter Lewis, and he was good. Starling Jackson from Lake Worth signed with them 4-5 years ago as a QB, but tranferred to Georgia State.

At least we are being honest with the kid. I've said it from Day 1, I love this kid as an athlete but I would not take him as a QB. I respect what he has done at the HS level with little talent around him, but this is about projections and he projects better as a WR or DB. If he truly insists on playing QB at the next level he will sign with a Marshall level school.

This, no need to lie to the kid. Maybe he blows up even more as a senior and we change our mind. I wish he was more interested in coming as an athlete.

Lol I guess he wants to be the next Denard Robinson.... smh why do recruits want to play a position they have no future at????

If he wants to play QB let him go to Marshall then. No way he sees QB time a top level program. It's a shame a lot of these kids can't see how their only future in the NFL is playing a skill position not QB, it just puts them behind the eightball and they lose major money.

Denard Robinson

Advertisement
Honestly if Miami wants guys like Alin and Rosier then why not recruit this kid at QB? He even plays against better athletes and competition than Rosier and they have a similar skill set. I would not hesitate to bring him in and allow him to compete

Unless this kid is Cam Newton 2.0 I don't want him at QB. A kid like BJ Daniels is the perfect example of a kid that should have moved positions coming into college. That kid would make a beast Safety.

Honestly if Miami wants guys like Alin and Rosier then why not recruit this kid at QB? He even plays against better athletes and competition than Rosier and they have a similar skill set. I would not hesitate to bring him in and allow him to compete

Because we already have Alin and Kaaya committed.

IMO, if Alin decommits, we should just tell Winky he can get his shot at QB, but if he's no better than 3rd string after fall camp, he's a WR. Kinda like how we gave Allen Bailey his shot to be a 300lb LB as a freshman.

IMO, if Alin decommits, we should just tell Winky he can get his shot at QB, but if he's no better than 3rd string after fall camp, he's a WR. Kinda like how we gave Allen Bailey his shot to be a 300lb LB as a freshman.

Ugh. In hindsight that was dumb.

Advertisement
Denard is going to be behind in the NFL. He was drafted as a receiver/ST. He's got a lot of catching up to do now. I bet he would have gotten drafted much higher and be able to make a bigger impact early on had he been able to play receiver in college. I imagine this kid is going to be the same way at QB. Do great at the college level, then turn out like Vince Young, Tim Tebow and possible Denard in the pros. just my opinion.

Ugh. In hindsight that was dumb.

Almost as dumb as Gordon retruning kicks.

Not that dumb IMO. Bailey didn't really live up to expectaitons but he was worth having. Especially in those years. We had bigger problems than him. Lots.

Not that dumb IMO. Bailey didn't really live up to expectaitons but he was worth having. Especially in those years. We had bigger problems than him. Lots.

Bailey was a really good player. It's not his fault the coach's only taught him to bull rush.

Advertisement
Kid will never see the field as a QB for Bama mark it down, its to bad he cant see the writing on the wall.

Advertisement
****y sounds cranky. He can either stick with the hometown team that is telling him the truth, or he can sell out to some racist deep south redneck machine that is obviously lying to him and playing him for a fool.

One of the reason Flowers has been such a great quarterback his whole life is because he believes in himself. When you play a position for a decade and have major success, why should you listen to someone tell you that you can't do it?

Texas wanted RGIII as a receiver and Johnny Football as a corner. Penn State wanted Jim Kelly as a linebacker. LSU wanted Teddy Bridgewater as a receiver. Southern Miss earmarked Brett Favre as a safety and let him play quarterback as a courtesy.

You could go on and on. The NFL (a.k.a. the guys who cut the checks) told Warren Moon he was a receiver and told Rich Gannon he was a safety. The only reason those guys were able to have so much success in their careers is because they didn't believe what they were being told.

Do I think quarterback is Winky's best long-term position? No. I see him as an NFL safety. But he's had enough success and has enough skills (including a rocket right arm) that he deserves a shot at quarterback. If he's not as good as Kaaya or Rosier/Eduoard, move him. If he's better than those guys, keep him there. Maybe Rosier should be a safety. He certainly looked good there in his highlights. Bring in the most talented, most productive football players and let them compete. Flowers is one of the best football players in Florida, and he should be here.

One of the reason Flowers has been such a great quarterback his whole life is because he believes in himself. When you play a position for a decade and have major success, why should you listen to someone tell you that you can't do it?

Texas wanted RGIII as a receiver and Johnny Football as a corner. Penn State wanted Jim Kelly as a linebacker. LSU wanted Teddy Bridgewater as a receiver. Southern Miss earmarked Brett Favre as a safety and let him play quarterback as a courtesy.

You could go on and on. The NFL (a.k.a. the guys who cut the checks) told Warren Moon he was a receiver and told Rich Gannon he was a safety. The only reason those guys were able to have so much success in their careers is because they didn't believe what they were being told.

Do I think quarterback is Winky's best long-term position? No. I see him as an NFL safety. But he's had enough success and has enough skills (including a rocket right arm) that he deserves a shot at quarterback. If he's not as good as Kaaya or Rosier/Eduoard, move him. If he's better than those guys, keep him there. Maybe Rosier should be a safety. He certainly looked good there in his highlights. Bring in the most talented, most productive football players and let them compete. Flowers is one of the best football players in Florida, and he should be here.

/close thread

Advertisement
Back