Miami/Wake Forest Jan 6 Game Thread

Advertisement
That loss hurts. Not a bad loss by any means and without our best scorer. I'm proud of the guys keeping it close but **** that hurts. So close to winning. Need Wooga back ASAP. George can shoot but that last 3 was ugly AF and too MA y turnovers in the first half. Played better 2nd half bit those hurt early and falling down with wake shooting a ft.. That point was costly believe it or not. Ugh I hate close losses like this. We had that game. Why isn't pack shooting at the end of games? Our best shooter period.

Advertisement
Yeah thought we were going to steal that one.

Gonna have to be able to play cleaner given some of our deficiencies.

Cleveland is no Miller
Really, that's what we are going with? Cleveland scored 17 tonight, he did his job, a shot rimming out does not make what he contributed less valuable. Keep in mind, Miller missed GW shots in his career here, or are we going to pretend that never happened? This game was lost on the glass, Wake was able to use their size to keep possessions alive and eventually, they hit a couple of extra shots. That's all there was to it. Miami had a chance to steal it, but just couldn't get that play to break it open in OT. Then again, most of us would have been happy with 1 win this week without Wooga, we were literally a rim out away from sweeping.

Advertisement
Miami does not have enough length to go far this year. Coach L needs some big guys because the talent can’t overcome the shorties on the floor.
Yep, because last year's team was huge, with insane length:rolleyes:. I'm convinced people show up after losses just to complain, and know NOTHING about the team nor what they do. Wake was a tough matchup, and despite that, Miami had a chance to win it late. Turnovers and not finishing defensive possessions will get you beat, and that's what happened today. You can't have the unforced errors and expect to win on the road. At least half of our turnovers were the unforced variety.

Takeaways:
-no Wooga. So take it with a grain of salt I guess
-we didn’t attack Reid (in foul trouble) why exactly?
-George is far too sloppy with the ball
-Watson needed to step up. He didn’t
-Casey does what exactly?
-clutch players (Matt) make that shot to win the game
-impact of losing Wong and Miller is far too apparent
-poorly officiated match
-these announcers are painful. Best to just watch on mute
-KenPom isn’t that far off base. We’re overrated (although not to that extreme)
-I’m not nearly as bullish as I was to start the season. The whole lack of size thing is obvious. And quite frankly we shouldn’t be in this spot. That’s on L

Cleveland had an excellent game today. It's very stupid to trash him for the regulation miss.
Cleveland is great but we need him to be tougher on the boards. There were plays where he was under the basket and didn’t even attempt to box out.

I know everyone is mad and disappointed, but as long as everyone stays healthy this is something to learn from.

Lot of adversity this game and we still could have come out on top. We lost games like this last year too… but with Wong on the court.

If Poplar was healthy Bens can sit and settle and we win the game.

Advertisement
Cleveland had an excellent game today. It's very stupid to trash him for the regulation miss.
Matt is Matt. He lacks the lateral quickness/footwork/passing that Miller provided. He’s a different player, not saying that’s bad, but we lack a complimentary player around the basket. Matt is just really jump shooting.

I need to be critical when appropriate. Coach L should have called a timeout before the travel call on Cleveland in regulation.
We had 2 TO’s left, the lead, and less than 40 seconds in the game and Cleveland was in trouble, regardless of whether he slid his left foot.
100%. What makes L great is often forcing his guys to just play through it.

There’s a time and a place for that though. That wasn’t one of them.

Advertisement
Poplar helps a ton on the boards. I agree that it’s a win if he plays. But that’s still no excuse for Cleveland’s lack of effort on that extended possession.

Either way I agree with the sentiment of most of y’all. I feel much better about the team than I did a week or two ago. While it really really sucks not having Poplar, George is getting much needed PT. Gonna need him if this team is gonna make it to the second weekend.

Yep, because last year's team was huge, with insane length:rolleyes:. I'm convinced people show up after losses just to complain, and know NOTHING about the team nor what they do. Wake was a tough matchup, and despite that, Miami had a chance to win it late. Turnovers and not finishing defensive possessions will get you beat, and that's what happened today. You can't have the unforced errors and expect to win on the road. At least half of our turnovers were the unforced variety.
Wake had superior length over Miami. Show me where I said Miami had insane length last year Canedud. If you don’t think our talent level has dropped we’re not watching the same teams.

Wake had superior length over Miami. Show me where I said Miami had insane length last year Canedud. If you don’t think our talent level has dropped we’re not watching the same teams.

With George our talent 1-6 is at least as good as last year. George is a freshman and Cleveland is a sophomore - they will be better than Wong and Miller in 2-3 years.

Advertisement
Back