Miami/Wake Forest Jan 6 Game Thread

The one thing Wong did towards the end of games was drive to the basket and get to the line. How many times did you hold your breath when he’d get bumped and he would slide across the floor for an and 1.
He was a pure slasher, Wooga has the ability to do that as well, but he's a lot more comfortable with pulling up in the midrange. Wooga's handle isn't nearly as tight as Wong's, so he likes to limit his exposure, which makes sense.

Advertisement
We ran out of gas in this one. The officiating was absolutely awful. Some bad no calls on both sides in what seemed to be a game dictated by too many whistles.

Chad being banged up (guy never ceases to amaze me.. hes on an nba roster for 4+ years imo.. nobody works harder tirelessly than this guy) and wooga not even playing, joseph getting in foul trouble very early was just way too much to overcome. I must admit, I was surprised that we went blow for blow with these guys post the aforementioned. I sometimes have to remind myself we were in the final 4 last year, and the elite 8 year before, and Coach L is a top 3-4 coach in the nation.

Our team is very good. This was a tough one to lose but we will be a force in the ACC yet again. Reallllly need to see some development outta our backup bigs. Casey leaves a ton of points on the floor. Lots of in and outs from close range, and passes up too many open shots. It doesnt appear that he "just plays". Lots of thinking out there.

And brooooooo the young dudes are WILD. I really like Watsons game. Hoping he starts attacking the offense a little more as the season progresses but his game is nice and he has a high motor and long frame. George looks to be coming into his own as a star. His play is well surpassing my expectations. He is an impact freshmen and you see some mistakes but **** the dude has balls of steel. His game could be comparable to dare i say TMAC without the mega finish explosiveness which could still come When wooga gets back this is a dangerous team even only having the one true big (thats undersized). Our season will depend on the health of Norchad.

Its been a fun one. And the loss to wake only means Vegas will continue to give us a good number. Lets go ****** canesssss.

edit - also wtf was that 90 second span where both teams starting throwing bad passes and going up and down the court with behind the backs and ****... what happened there?

Advertisement
Could have used him yesterday, but then again, maybe the UM staff is being as cautious as the Dolphins are being

The one thing Wong did towards the end of games was drive to the basket and get to the line. How many times did you hold your breath when he’d get bumped and he would slide across the floor for an and 1.
Cleveland should have taken it to the rim to try to force the foul instead of a mid range jumper for the win. It was still a good look, ball went in and out, way she goes sometimes.

They played with grit and intensity in a hard fought battle that we most definitely win by 10 if Wooga isn't injured.

Louisville game is on my bday Wednesday so I'm dropping heavy heavy ML 💰 on the boys!

Call me a homer lets clip the cards wings!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back