Miami vs UVA 2/19

Advertisement
37 seconds left down 3 and u dont trust ur defense to get a stop with a chance to tie? Make it make sense. If they hit the shot. Hats off to them but come on. They gave them free pts

McGusty the last minute didn’t foul wasting 8 seconds and then took an ill advised ridiculous 3 when one wasn’t needed. That shouldn’t happen from your 23 year old senior.

Advertisement
37 seconds left down 3 and u dont trust ur defense to get a stop with a chance to tie? Make it make sense. If they hit the shot. Hats off to them but come on. They gave them free pts
You can’t let them run it down. They can literally hold the ball and leave you 7 seconds left and then foul you. Nobody lets teams take 3’s to tie anymore

Advertisement
Before this loss we were a 9 seed and pretty much a borderline bubble. This knocks us out for now with no major opponents left until the conference tourney
What?

Miami wins the games they are supposed to coming down the stretch, they should hit 13-14 ACC wins, with possibly a win over Syracuse being 14 or 15. That should get them in. That's not even including any ACC Tournament wins. It's amazing how after losses, people do this nonsense, forgetting that this team has consistently rebounded after losses. Miami still has a good record in Tier 1 games, Miami still hasn't taken any awful losses(People know that FSU 2 months ago is a different team than they are today), and the schedule coming down the stretch is favorable. You really think an ACC team with 14-15 wins in conference won't make it in? Even in a historically mediocre year, that team will make it.

Advertisement
I don't get angry with loses with this team because they stink. early in the year I would have been shocked if they won 3-4 ACC games. this was before I realized how bad the ACC is. They don't take good shots McGusty has to stop shooting 3s.

This is more a GOOD Virginia win than a BAD Miami loss. Certain players indeed do need to sharpen and shape up. But we are capable of winning our last 4 games and if we do we are EASY in and lookin good.

Some coaches would rather extend the game and force the opposition to hit FTs, compared to basically going all in. If you go all in on a stop, and you don't get it, game is over anyway. If you foul and they hit FTs(which isn't nearly as easy as people think) you still have time to play the foul game and keep hitting shots. It's a matter of philosophy.

Advertisement
This is more a GOOD Virginia win than a BAD Miami loss. Certain players indeed do need to sharpen and shape up. But we are capable of winning our last 4 games and if we do we are EASY in and lookin good.
The schedule coming down the stretch is very favorable. I expect 3 wins, I'd love to see 4 wins and clinch it before the ACCT. I don't want Miami anywhere near the bubble, 15 ACC wins will get Miami solely off the bubble.

What?

Miami wins the games they are supposed to coming down the stretch, they should hit 13-14 ACC wins, with possibly a win over Syracuse being 14 or 15. That should get them in. That's not even including any ACC Tournament wins. It's amazing how after losses, people do this nonsense, forgetting that this team has consistently rebounded after losses. Miami still has a good record in Tier 1 games, Miami still hasn't taken any awful losses(People know that FSU 2 months ago is a different team than they are today), and the schedule coming down the stretch is favorable. You really think an ACC team with 14-15 wins in conference won't make it in? Even in a historically mediocre year, that team will make it.
We will drop another regular season game. The bs RPI ratings or whatever they call them are not in our favor. This team isn’t that good. Period. Too hot and cold and crumble at home.

Advertisement
Back