Miami vs UVA 2/19

You're dead on. Bob Huggins has been doing it for 3 decades. Refs are too committed to calling an equal number of fouls on both teams. For some reason they don't seem to understand that non-calls effect the game just as much as actual calls.
I forgot about Ole Huggy Bear. I would say he's more of a Nolan Richardson or Tark type, where they just want to force you into mistakes, they are willing to gamble on pressure and create havoc with numbers. I can at least respect that, because if you are strong with the rock, you can get a ton of easy buckets. The Packline is the dump and chase of basketball(Hockey reference for those that know). It's annoying as **** to watch, makes for a borderline unwatchable product and honestly requires little to no actual ability or talent.

Advertisement
Love the effort on the glass
Outstanding effort. To quote my old HS coach "If you make a commitment to rebounding, your size truly doesn't matter. Rebounding is more about effort than anything." If you give the effort, you can overcome a lack of size and at least make it competitive on the boards. Keep in mind, the best rebounder of all time wasn't the biggest guy on the floor. He was an athletic freak, but Dennis Rodman was straight effort and hustle. Dude made a commitment to himself that he would get every board and even though he didn't, he was in the fight more often than not.

Advertisement
if i wanted to be negative i would say figures sam blows the easy layup, misses a pass, and they score a 3 to stop our wave. and up 10 becomes up 2 before i can finish typing.

Well that was a ****** turn of events. Sam misses a tough layup (prob a foul) thay would have put them up 12 and now in a blink its a 2 pt game...

Advertisement
if i wanted to be negative i would say figures sam blows the easy layup, misses a pass, and they score a 3 to stop our wave. and up 10 becomes up 2 before i can finish typing.
yes Sam, shut me up. More, More, and Moore!

Advertisement
Advertisement
When Miami was up 10, they couldn't say a **** thing positive about what Miami was doing. UVA goes up 1 bucket, it's "UVA is in full control of this game". That said, Miami has to stop the bleeding, get #1 out of the midrange, force him out, run him off of his spots. Miami also has to find a way to make these open 3s. McGusty had one rim out, but the looks are there.

Advertisement
Back