Miami vs. USC.

Advertisement
He’s no one you would recall. He’s usually out within a dozen or so posts. If he doesn’t resort to what he usually does, it’ll be fine.

I totally believe you, especially because there are people with thousands and thousands of posts that I don’t recall. And I’m not joking, either.

Advertisement
@RVACane we need a “post of the year” thread with all the nominees throughout 2021. I nominate this gem from @TheMatador !!!
Thank you for the complement. I had what they describe in the law as a “lucid interval.”

Last edited:
I favor any and all PAC 12 out of conference games.

Oregon in #1 on my wish list for a home and home series, mainly because I want to attend a night game at Autzen Stadium.

USC is a close second.

Utah is another team that I think would be interesting to have a home and home series with.
Going to Autzen is on my bucket list. I would love if the Canes could get them on the schedule

Almost seriously — because I don’t know if I can ever be totally seriously— we have a very occasional poster on this board who played on that ‘68 team. I won’t reveal who he is, nor do I want to encourage him to post since he apparently prefers not to most of the time.

I did mention in other posts how OJ responded to an audience question on a network variety show in ‘68 by saying that the best player he faced was Hendricks. In fact I remember his response well—he said the best player was “a guy by the name of Ted Hendricks at the University of Miami...who would never stay blocked.”

The question posed to OJ was who was the hardest hitter he faced to witch OJ responded Kevin Hardy of Norte Dame. OJ himself turned the question to the player he considered the best and he identified Ted.

He probably prefaced it “a guy by the name of...” because he knew Hendricks was not widely known (or appreciated) nationally; the same applied to UM. We always tried to play a national schedule of good teams in those years but we were still a somewhat obscure team down at the tip of South Florida with no big following and no major media market. We also devoted less in money and resources to sports compared to the national competition we played. I think we often had fewer players on scholarship and we were often at a huge disadvantage.

so, it was difficult to compete with the big national powers who often had most of the elite powers. Still we produced two players who were finalists or close to finalists for the Heisman: George Mira and Ted Hendricks. Those 1960’s teams produced some outstanding pros: Hendricks, Bill Miller, Dan Connors, Tony Cline. But there were not that many. Some of our most coveted recruits never had great careers, including Vince Opalsky and Bobby Best. There were others. I don’t know why. Maybe we didn’t have the infrastructure—I recall hearing and reading over the years that we were at a disadvantage by not having a training table—a common feature of most other big programs.

Another problem was the fact our home population base had some good high school football but it was probably not deep enough. (We actually recruited more out of state than in Florida during those years.)

Hope you don’t mind this detour into UM football history. As far as playing USC now? I would advise against it until we correct the very deep problems we’ve seen in the program in recent years. Our multiple collapses against teams we should beat (FIU) or against teams we should at least play tough (UNC) means we would travel 3000 miles to embarrass ourselves on national TV.

Let’s hope Manny fixes things, but I still feel Manny himself is a big part of the problem. I remember his collapse in a game while a DC at Texas. His vertical up-the-field philosophy might be exploitable by shrewd OC’s despite the fact that I’ve been a supporter of the attacking defense since JJ introduced it to us in the mid-80’s. I just can’t see a JJ defense or a Sonny Lubick defense collapsing in a game like our collapse against UNC.

Despite all the very smart changes he has made in the program, especially with coaching changes, he has to prove that he can put it all together.

Hey RVA I'm a golfer who travelled all around this beautiful country trying to make a living on mini tours..I was on this site years ago...before you were a henchman collecting stipends for scanning posters and banning them. Look I don't give a **** if you ban me, just do yourself a favor and find more importance in your life, and at least add some value to the site...write something, offer opinions, wise up while you're young...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hey RVA I'm a golfer who travelled all around this beautiful country trying to make a living on mini tours..I was on this site years ago...before you were a henchman collecting stipends for scanning posters and banning them. Look I don't give a **** if you ban me, just do yourself a favor and find more importance in your life, and at least add some value to the site...write something, offer opinions, wise up while you're young...
My biggest contribution to the site is embodied in years of efforts as a major part of the success in the Gator Tears thread, now over 1,800 pages, so there’s that for starters, smart golfer guy.

I don’t do anything here for a stipend, rather, I help my friends Andrew and D$ out for free - just to give back to the board. I even pay for ads-free, when I can get it for free as a mod, just to support the board.

I know exactly who you are and I’d take you out of here again in a blink. The only reason you’re not banned is because the guy you ordinarily target asked me to leave you be if you leave him alone - and I’ll add, you need to leave the others he’s buddies with alone as well. It’s actually pretty big of him given that you doxxed him last time using his name on the board and it’s only because of him that you’re back on. It should be an automatic perma-ban across all accounts.

If you’re willing to move on, then everyone else will too. Otherwise, we can wash, rinse and repeat.

How's the view from your imagined moral high ground?

Advertisement
Would be fun to see but doubt it's likely to happen.

Beyond the ACC schedule we've got periodic games against ND, UF, have scheduled OSU, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, Nebraska, and going back to the '00s, had TN, A&M, Houston.

We don't have a lot of openings because ND is a regular cycle game. If we ever get back on track, we'll want a major game against SEC and/or Ohio State as a validator for playoff consideration. Sounds painful to discuss now I realize.

The benefit of USC is they don't recruit Miami really so losing to them isn't risky the way losing at home to a SEC team is. But we can't think that way. Our recruiting battles are SEC, we gotta hold some spots to beat SEC teams. I wouldn't mind A&M, tbh, because we can and should recruit TX better than we have.

Advertisement
My biggest contribution to the site is embodied in years of efforts as a major part of the success in the Gator Tears thread, now over 1,800 pages, so there’s that for starters, smart golfer guy.

I don’t do anything here for a stipend, rather, I help my friends Andrew and D$ out for free - just to give back to the board. I even pay for ads-free, when I can get it for free as a mod, just to support the board.

I know exactly who you are and I’d take you out of here again in a blink. The only reason you’re not banned is because the guy you ordinarily target asked me to leave you be if you leave him alone - and I’ll add, you need to leave the others he’s buddies with alone as well. It’s actually pretty big of him given that you doxxed him last time using his name on the board and it’s only because of him that you’re back on. It should be an automatic perma-ban across all accounts.

If you’re willing to move on, then everyone else will too. Otherwise, we can wash, rinse and repeat.
Oh you're referring to those tough guys who can dish it out to other posters, ridicule current and former players and coaches, and at times are disgusting with their comments back and forth within a thread, but can't take a shot back...and go direct to the mods instead...yea, they are well known....I'll do my best to leave them alone.

Last edited:
Oh you're referring to those tough guys who can dish it out to other posters, ridicule current and former players and coaches, and at times are disgusting with their comments back and forth within a thread, but can't take a shot back...and go direct to the mods instead...yea, they are well known....I'll do my best to leave them alone.
We have a lot of posters on here who do and say all kinds of things. Disclosing someone’s actual name & personal information is not remotely tolerable.

We have a lot of posters on here who do and say all kinds of things. Disclosing someone’s actual name & personal information is not remotely tolerable.
If you're referring to me, I can't ever recall mentioning anyone's name or personal info which they haven't initially...On this particular site, as far as I know, I don't know one poster by his/her real name. If you feel that I did, do PM me and I'll address it...or, write it on here and I'll address it. As I said, I don't know anyone on here...I do know several posters on a personal level on another site.

Last edited:
If you're referring to me, I can't ever recall mentioning anyone's name or personal info which they haven't initially...On this particular site, as far as I know, I don't know one poster by his/her real name. If you feel that I did, do PM me and I'll address it...or, write it on here and I'll address it. As I said, I don't know anyone on here...I do know several posters on a personal level on another site.
For your memory

DC91A4CD-5280-4807-A2AA-7EE448C5EF01.jpeg

Advertisement
Back