Miami vs UNC game may have to be cancelled/rescheduled

Why don't they just move the game up to Thursday or Friday?

It’s hitting Thursday so it would be better to move it to Sunday.

4CE9FFE6-17CC-4DC4-96B3-3EA94CF14FDD.jpeg

Advertisement
Lets say that's on the table, wouldnt the ACC just say that the next two UM-UNC games would then be in Chapel Hill?

It's not that hard to figure this stuff out, is it?
That’s why this **** should be up to the conference not the schools. The schools shouldn’t be able to decide they don’t feel like moving the game to Miami. They should be told that they can either move the game to Miami or take a forfeit loss.

That’s why this **** should be up to the conference not the schools. The schools shouldn’t be able to decide they don’t feel like moving the game to Miami. They should be told that they can either move the game to Miami or take a forfeit loss.

I mean, I get it if it's team we dont play every year, but last I checked, UNC is in the Coastal.

Why don't they just move the game up to Thursday or Friday?

Friday storm will have passed, possible that place will be wrecked. Thursday it should be just off the coast of NC, probably too much of a distraction. I haven't seen a Wed night game in a long time so that's probably out (and doubt UNC would agree). Just from a football standpoint, 3 weeks off is tough. Easy to get rusty.

Advertisement

Agree. Tell UNC that Miami will play at UNC next year to make it up. UNC isn't going to compete in the coastal anyways this year, so better to get home game in 2020 with a better team.

Lol the tobacco road conference. We all know who runs the show.

Friday storm will have passed, possible that place will be wrecked. Thursday it should be just off the coast of NC, probably too much of a distraction. I haven't seen a Wed night game in a long time so that's probably out (and doubt UNC would agree). Just from a football standpoint, 3 weeks off is tough. Easy to get rusty.
Yeah I didn't realize it's supposed to hit by that time next week & no way UNC would agree to a Wednesday night game considering they just played on Saturday.

Smh **** man, these Hurricanes are always trying to ruin our season lol.

Yeah I didn't realize it's supposed to hit by that time next week & no way UNC would agree to a Wednesday night game considering they just played on Saturday.

Smh **** man, these Hurricanes are always trying to ruin our season lol.

Miami might not be practicing the next few days so I’m not sure if we want to play Saturday anyways.

Advertisement
Did the team go home? I know they cancelled classes but I haven’t seen if the players went home.

No clue. That’s why I said might not be. Manny is in Miami and at Greentree. He posted on Instagram. If kids don’t have school, not sure coaches can force them to stay and practice. Not sure how all that works with a category 5 hurricane 75 miles east of the south Florida coast.

Miami might not be practicing the next few days so I’m not sure if we want to play Saturday anyways.
It would be absolutely ridiculous if we aren’t practicing. That storm is nowhere near UM and will never be anywhere near UM.

Advertisement
It would be absolutely ridiculous if we aren’t practicing. That storm is nowhere near UM and will never be anywhere near UM.
I think he’s assuming since classes have been cancelled. It makes sense if we weren’t but I think it would’ve been reported if that were the case

Considering it's a divisional conference game, cancelling it is not really an option. Either move the game to Miami or a neutral site.

Advertisement
It’s suppose to skim by off the coast as a category 1 or 2 by Thursday. If anything, push the game to Sunday. I don’t see the big deal.

I work directly with catastrophes and I’m hearing people throw out ‘Cat 6’. I can’t even begin to tell you how bad that is but I’ll put it like this, every cat designation is 10 times more powerful than the previous category.

Imagine a storm that is 10 times stronger than Andrew, we’re talking about buildings going down. With sustained winds >200 mph, it doesn’t have to get that close to still cause major damage. This storm is moving so slow that we still don’t know exactly what it will do, nothing is out of the question.

FEMA just reached out to check my availability and I have never worked directly for them, crazy.

Advertisement
Back