Miami vs Toledo Predictions

52-23 Canes. They'll run a lot of plays so they'll get some points, but in reality it won't be close, especially in the second half (after we make our adjustments on defense, which was arguably Manny's biggest strength last season).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looking at their highlights the last few games it seems to me that they give up big plays.
WRs stretch the field against them, RBs pick up big gains against them. Heck, even QBs shred them with big runs so Rosier may have a huge day with his legs too.

50 points should happen quite easily. I am going to say 55-17.

Dude said they will score 28... Fine

55-28 Canes... see, they score 28 like he said. Still an A$$ whipping, but if it makes Toledo fans feel better.

Advertisement
We will have two weeks off, with practically no practice during that time, and Toledo will be playing their 4th game, and we will have played only one (3 weeks prior).

Hmmm, that's going to make things interesting. Those variables changes that game, big time.

Well, after all that drama, what is your prediction?

Like 90% of all the games out there, this may be close through a quarter and a half.
Our superior depth and talent will be evident late in the first half and in the second.
90+ degree field temps and our running game will wear them out.
4th quarter will get ugly if Richt permits.

Miami 45-24.

In pro football, the one criticism you rarely hear is that a team "came out flat." A team might be over matched, but only very rarely will a team lose due to lack of effort (it's a job, don't do the job and you get fired immediately after the game.) In college, especially with our program in recent years, motivation HAS been a big problem. Miami was, in almost all games, more talented than the opponent but would not show up for whatever reason (see ND game last year). I think Richt has got that out of their system. This brings me to my point, I think these Canes will want to exorcise the stress of the past couple of weeks- with the worry about family, storms, hearing criticism after the BCU game- and the only thing that's kept them sane was the next game on the schedule. Nobody wants to play an angry, motivated Miami team. We will absolutely crush Toledo. If I was a betting man, I'd put a lot of money on Miami beating the 14.5 spread by a wide margin.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I scoped out their board. They have some delusional fans. One said that Tulsa's offense was better than ours...

They did have a few posters concerned about their QB just surviving (smart posters), but many over there believe that this will be the greatest win in Toledo history :tedbong:

34-30 Miami wins. Board will meltdown like clockwork but I'll be happy getting out of this game with a win. No coach wants a 3 week break after one game.

In pro football, the one criticism you rarely hear is that a team "came out flat." A team might be over matched, but only very rarely will a team lose due to lack of effort (it's a job, don't do the job and you get fired immediately after the game.) In college, especially with our program in recent years, motivation HAS been a big problem. Miami was, in almost all games, more talented than the opponent but would not show up for whatever reason (see ND game last year). I think Richt has got that out of their system. This brings me to my point, I think these Canes will want to exorcise the stress of the past couple of weeks- with the worry about family, storms, hearing criticism after the BCU game- and the only thing that's kept them sane was the next game on the schedule. Nobody wants to play an angry, motivated Miami team. We will absolutely crush Toledo. If I was a betting man, I'd put a lot of money on Miami beating the 14.5 spread by a wide margin.

If they don't have a sense of urgency on Saturday then the man in charge of motivating them is failing.

Advertisement
50-13: 3 passing tds, 2 rushing tds, 1 td blocked kick/punt or kick return, 2 fgs, 1 safety. I put in my order last night to the good Lord, his delivery man CMR is on duty that day.

Advertisement
Back