Miami vs Pittsburgh (3-9-21) at 2 pm on ACCN

As much as I love Willie, I don't understand how Coach L tolerates a constant perimeter offense which sees Willie in the corner clapping and yelling for the ball for a wide-open 3-point shot, which he misses 9 out of 10 times (made 1 today, long ago). I don't know how to coach or diagram basketball, but why not use that set-up to have Willie then quick-pass to a driving Wong or something?

Advertisement
If this were to happen and the team made the NCAA tournament, this is why this is a bad idea.
Coach L has not had back to back deep runs in the NCAA tournament while at Miami. Any team with a deep tournament run follows up the next season around 500 at best.
It takes two years for Coach L to build another competitive team, which is the amount of years he would have left on his contract.
No, you would not want to give him a contract extension with one winning season in the last 4 years.
This is why again, I think it is best to mutually agree to part ways at the end of the season.
Not happening unless Coach L steps down which I don't see happening

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Nice win for this team... Looked much better than earlier in the season when we lost by 15 to Pitt

Advertisement
Back