Miami vs Pittsburgh (3-9-21) at 2 pm on ACCN

Advertisement
If Miami fires "The Great Jimmy Larranaga" they will be black-balled by coaches for such an outrage.

JL should try to get the seniors to return for one last dance.

G Lykes SR | Beverly SO
G McGusty SR | Wong SO
F Olaniyi SR | Timberlake FR
F Waardenburg SR | Walker SO
C Brooks SR | Gak JR

If this were to happen and the team made the NCAA tournament, this is why this is a bad idea.
Coach L has not had back to back deep runs in the NCAA tournament while at Miami. Any team with a deep tournament run follows up the next season around 500 at best.
It takes two years for Coach L to build another competitive team, which is the amount of years he would have left on his contract.
No, you would not want to give him a contract extension with one winning season in the last 4 years.
This is why again, I think it is best to mutually agree to part ways at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Lykes would've helped us offensively for sure, but he also would've taken away some of Wong's touches and scoring.

Timberlake would've provided nice depth behind Kam and Olayni.

Miller? Bleh

Sam may have helped some, but he's not a game changer.

It's hard to say, but a lot of our weaknesses (3 point shooting offense and 3 point shooting defense, turnovers, low assist numbers) would've remained. Probably a bubble team at best.
Yea, probably, but we'll never really know.. And I would have enjoyed watching a bubble team this season than what we endured.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If Miami fires "The Great Jimmy Larranaga" they will be black-balled by coaches for such an outrage.

JL should try to get the seniors to return for one last dance.

G Lykes SR | Beverly SO
G McGusty SR | Wong SO
F Olaniyi SR | Timberlake FR
F Waardenburg SR | Walker SO
C Brooks SR | Gak JR
Wong needs to be starting or atleast playing starter minutes. I like the idea of some of these guys coming back but not at the expense of limiting Wong. Hes really been a bright spot this yr. I would like to see lykes olaniyi and brooks come back. Waardenburg wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:
Nothing like Flat Champagnie ( 3 for 16) to Fizz up the Canes chances!!
(If Walker would only plat a "bit" better...)

Advertisement
Back