Miami vs Oklahoma for the 2000 BCS National Championship

Didn’t a couple of those Buckeye DL play in the NFL? Will Smith was good for the Saints until he was killed in a road rage incident.

That 2002 ohigho fake d-line was legit, and Will Smith was the real deal, kept dee-bo'ing joseph, he'll the 1st offensive play we had Will Smith sacked Dorsey with a finger or two. And than Haji, brett and chris meyers had to keep trying to block 2 uncle's from somewhere in ohigho , that kept coming off the bench on the interior getting sacks with that old man strength, no way was those 2 old *** ****'s were still in college!

And since dorsey decided to play soft *** cotton that day, missing dre open damyum near all game long, and throwing phantom picks, that's what kept ohigho st. In the game as long as they were, other than that, we should have run them off the field!

Advertisement
All starting 11 guys on that Ohio Taint D were drafted into the NFL, not just the DLineman

Miami by 14 or 17.

Heupel, the OU QB, was hobbled at the end of the year. Plus the game was in Miami.

FSU might have beaten OU if Richt had actually been prepping for the game rather than prepping to be UGA head coach. (Not that you can really fault Richt for that.)

I agree, but Sean T lays out Reggie, Vince gets Dorsey, McGahee breaks a tackle... a lot of variables. The '02 team would be the best team the '00 team played and could beat them. '02 team has a senior QB. '02 team has better CBs. '02 probably has a better DL and more seasoned special teams at kicker and punter.
Who's covering Tana in the slot??...They had there hands full and then some during practices....I personally watched Tana make UM DBs look mundane from 98-2000 at Greentree....2000 Shockey was no slouch....
That 2000 Offense with Tana and Wayne....coupled with Portis...and James Jackson when clicking was ****....Mckinnie was a Jr in 2000...Dorsey had better protection in 2000 than 02....just with Mckinnie locking down his blindside alone....That 2000 team in New Orleans that night...would have beat either 02 UM or 02 Ohio State....and have no doubt about it...

Advertisement
Lol....That 2000 Sugar Bowl team would've walked into the Fiesta Bowl in 03 and Curbstomped OSU.....Morgan would've knocked better grades into Clarett's ***....

Didn’t Derrick Crudup have to come in on 2nd or 3rd down that series? For some reason that’s popping into my memory
One play, here is a good read even though it will **** you off

Most people forget that florida was considered one of the best cfb teams that year. They only lost one sec game and crushed auburn in the championship...and we beat their ***...twice...😄 ou wouldn't of had a shot against especially on home turf

Florida wasn’t that great of a team. They lost to mediocre Mississippi State, and got killed by FSU something like 37-0. (That rout pushed FSU ahead of Miami in the BCS standings.) And the SEC in 2000 is far from what the SEC is today.

Advertisement
Who wins? My honest opinion is that Miami would have won but we mustn't discount OU's defense that year with Venables and Mike Stoops as co-DCs. OU's offense was not great but neither was Miami's defense that year under Schiano. It wasn't until 2001 when Shannon took over as D that Miami got into a consistent groove defensively.
Home game in miami for the orange bowl/national championship. We smash them and it’s not even close! Smh being robbed of playing in that game almost makes me as mad as being robbed two years later by terry “blind fvck” porter. We’d be the only team to win three NCs in a row if justice would have prevailed. Smh what could’ve been.

Advertisement
OU had a sneaky good secondary with Thatcher, Jones, Strait, Williams, Everage. Calmus and Marshall at LB.

Santana and Reggie were unstoppable but the Stoops bros and Venables with a month to prepare would have had a nice little gameplan. Nobody gave Ohio State a chance but D'Antonio cooked up a good game plan and they expertly used Krenzel as a runner.

Butch always had us prepared for bowl games but I do think it would have been a close game due to OU's coaching.

They shut down the same FSU offense (minus Minnis) which put up 500+yards against us earlier that year.
One thing I would give Butch. He knew how to plan and win bowl games

Who wins? My honest opinion is that Miami would have won but we mustn't discount OU's defense that year with Venables and Mike Stoops as co-DCs. OU's offense was not great but neither was Miami's defense that year under Schiano. It wasn't until 2001 when Shannon took over as D that Miami got into a consistent groove defensively.

that OU defense gets lit up if Dorsey comes to play

& stop overrating Shannon..he ran the most basic & vanilla **** ever.

schiano had that defense elite when he was here. Shannon didn’t mess it up.

Advertisement
Well, we were #5 in the nation in scoring defense and #35 in yards allowed and #5 in forced turnovers. We were an outstanding defense in 2000.

Oklahoma scored 13 points against FSU. No way they score more than that against Miami. Plus, we ran the ball much, much better than FSU in 2000. After the Washington game, Dorsey was rarely touched. I think we gave up 12 sacks the entire year. Oklahoma is not beating Miami in JRS period.

thank you! OP has to do a bit more research.

Venables and the Stoops bros ran circles around Richt that night. They wrapped his head in with a fvckin' ratchet.

Weinke, Minor, Boldin, Walker, Bell should have been more than enough to not get shut out. Give credit to that OU defense and their coaches. They would have given us fits imo.

Didn’t FSU’s running game get gradually worse as the season went on until it was almost non-existent by the end? Somebody help me out here.

Advertisement
Back