Miami vs Oklahoma for the 2000 BCS National Championship

That team had Teddy Lehman as well

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Shame we didn't get VT with a healthy Vick. It was great to beat them but his injury diminished the win.

We just needed our defense to play better vs LaTech since Dorsey was horrible. Oh well, it happens. Would have been nice to beat Vick, but that would have made the game different I'm afraid. We still win most likely.

Advertisement
We were brutally stolen. We win 2000, 2001 and 2002. STOLEN it was.

Mofos/ NCAA took away our chances to become champions 3 years in a row.. only school in recent history ( since Minnesota in Jurassic times 1936)

Santana Moss, Reggie, Dan don't lose the Oklahoma chip game in 2000 .. they just don't lose it , they just don't

We roll

If FSU had beaten OU and the AP named Miami national champs, how are we feeling about that?

I'm freakin ****ed either way, but your point is well taken.

I just cruise through Trailerhassee and Canesville holding up the State of Florida Champion trophy...no refuting that would be better than FSU's huge asterisk NC trophy.

Highway robbery. Will never forget when those BCS rankings came out the final week. I believe it was the smallest margin between a #2 and #3 in bcs history. I was in 4th grade and my teacher was a Nole, she even admitted they had no business playing for it instead of us.

Also believe that 2000 team was one of few or the only that beat two #2’s in a regular season.

Advertisement
Santana and Wayne would've Feasted....they barely beat an FSU team who was without they're #1 WR Snoop Minnis....
An FSU team that dropped what, 13 passes or something ridiculous. Over and over again, self inflicted wounds. They lost because they didn't show up ready, at all. No way in **** Miami shows up not ready to play.

Who wins? My honest opinion is that Miami would have won but we mustn't discount OU's defense that year with Venables and Mike Stoops as co-DCs. OU's offense was not great but neither was Miami's defense that year under Schiano. It wasn't until 2001 when Shannon took over as D that Miami got into a consistent groove defensively.
That 2000 Defense was Plenty good....Lol at Schiano's D.....after Butch gave Miller the Heave Ho.....The Defense became Butch's regardless of Monkey Boy....

Who wins? My honest opinion is that Miami would have won but we mustn't discount OU's defense that year with Venables and Mike Stoops as co-DCs. OU's offense was not great but neither was Miami's defense that year under Schiano. It wasn't until 2001 when Shannon took over as D that Miami got into a consistent groove defensively.
Our defense was more than enough for that basic offense ou ran. Alot of people forget the star of that ou defense,that ou team period was a um kid. My brother Torrance. He would tell y'all himself we woulda mollywhopped those boys. That's just like the osu game. They both champions by default. I know dudes on that osu team won't even wear they rings cause they know how bad we got robbed.

Advertisement
if we would have played there would be no big game BOB, went to game fairly awful affair. we were first team to get served by BCS
CANES 31 OU 10....

Santana and Wayne would've Feasted....they barely beat an FSU team who was without they're #1 WR Snoop Minnis....

When you talk like this you show you know something, funny how snoop(from around the way) was available all year and than somehow he can't play, plus torrance marshall, also from round the crib had the FSU offense shook and once he got that pick, I knew it was over! And if Im not mistaken, Anquan boldin threw a perfect pass to that receiver from Louisiana for a bomb and he dropped an easy touchdown, I think his name was gardener!

Advertisement
Our defense was more than enough for that basic offense ou ran. Alot of people forget the star of that ou defense,that ou team period was a um kid. My brother Torrance. He would tell y'all himself we woulda mollywhopped those boys. That's just like the osu game. They both champions by default. I know dudes on that osu team won't even wear they rings cause they know how bad we got robbed.
We stuck around in NO another couple of nights and actually wound up watching the OU/FSU with a bunch of the linemen and their families in the lobby of the team hotel in New Orleans. I knew that night we would be celebrating in Pasadena that time next year.

Dorsey crapped down his leg that day and had a Malik Rosier like outing, James Jackson had to carry the offense. Luke McCown threw for over 400 yards and 3 TDs. Was not a pretty game.
I'm pretty sure Santana had an injured foot and played like it also. Defense gave up too many big plays also. If I remember, we started our comeback too late, if the game had been longer we could have won. Hats off to the old schedules when we played in big games all over the country.

I'm pretty sure Santana had an injured foot and played like it also. Defense gave up too many big plays also. If I remember, we started our comeback too late, if the game had been longer we could have won. Hats off to the old schedules when we played in big games all over the country.
Portis's Fumble was Devastating....

Advertisement
Back