Miami vs Louisville - Lets Get It On!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Give me Bud Foster as our HC!!! He can't be happy with Beamer getting an extension, Foster consistently produces top 10 D's with far less talent then Miami has! He's a great coach and I really think he would turn it around

Our AD Blake James is a clown with no balls, and Donna doesn't give a **** about football.

I bet if Golden were to get fired the job would go to a washed up Butch Davis or "I got fired at FIU" Mario Cristobal.

Give me Bud Foster as our HC!!! He can't be happy with Beamer getting an extension, Foster consistently produces top 10 D's with far less talent then Miami has! He's a great coach and I really think he would turn it around

Our AD Blake James is a clown with no balls, and Donna doesn't give a **** about football.

I bet if Golden were to get fired the job would go to a washed up Butch Davis or "I got fired at FIU" Mario Cristobal.

By the grace of God.

Louisville just exposed us on TV. Even the commentators said if Golden doesn't turn it around that seat will be very verrrrrry hot

Advertisement

And I would take EITHER one of them over Golden right now. He's a used car salesman who can recruit, but when it comes to game day needs to be kept as far away from the sideline as possible. Dude is a horrible football corch.

So
- Kaaya played like a Freshman
- OL is terrible
- Offensive play calling was terrible until the 4th then we got driving brought back for pen f*cked us
- Defense stood up, no complaints created 2 gimme's for the O

We take our chances we win that game. that's the difference not taking our chances.

We win this game if we started Heaps.

Heaps or Kaaya when Coley is running 6-7 running plays in a row with no result on each play and then running 5-6 passes straight telegraphing what we were gonna do to the D we aint winning. we needed to change things up.

Only reason he called the game that way was because he didn't trust the Freshman QB. So my question is, why even start him then??

You think you're gonna win a football game running all **** day in to an 8 man box, then throwing on 3rd and long?
i agree with you if he didn't trust him don't start him. this wasn't our ideal situation Williams was that hurt.

I know Foster is the coach in waiting but I think he bolts for a job like Miami (Like Muschamp did) the Canes athletic department needs to spend the cash now before the U is irrelevant in 5 seasons.

The U is irrelevant right now, bud.

No the U is still relevant if their playing prime time games on Labor Day. Golden stocked the talent now he needs to hand the keys to a real coach. Bud Foster as HC and bring in Chud as OC

Advertisement
It's final, the only way Golden can save his season is by beating Nebraska in 3 weeks. But that game is prime time so I doubt they get the W, here's to hoping the canes don't get exposed again.... Sigh

Louisville just exposed us on TV. Even the commentators said if Golden doesn't turn it around that seat will be very verrrrrry hot

We've been blown out on national TV so many times the past few yrs, there's nothing left to expose.

I know Foster is the coach in waiting but I think he bolts for a job like Miami (Like Muschamp did) the Canes athletic department needs to spend the cash now before the U is irrelevant in 5 seasons.

No the U is still relevant if their playing prime time games on Labor Day. Golden stocked the talent now he needs to hand the keys to a real coach. Bud Foster as HC and bring in Chud as OC

Would be an amazing combo. Please. I wouldn't even care about not snagging all the 5 star talent because Foster would get the most out of all his 2 and 3 star players.

The seat should already be hot. Wake Forest (one of the worst losing records in D1) has won the ACC and Duke has won the Coastal in the 10 years we have been in the conference. We haven't won ****.

Advertisement
It's final, the only way Golden can save his season is by beating Nebraska in 3 weeks. But that game is prime time so I doubt they get the W, here's to hoping the canes don't get exposed again.... Sigh

Abdullah is going to run wild on us and our " high powered offense" will be shut down by that aggressive D. Curtains. Nebraska will put 50 on us. The FAA would have to get heavily involved with the abundance of planes flying banners at the next home game.

Would be an amazing combo. Please. I wouldn't even care about not snagging all the 5 star talent because Foster would get the most out of all his 2 and 3 star players.

Foster would not only get the most out of the 2 and 3 stars but he would also bring in the Virginia pipeline and some ******* excitement for the first time in years

### UM’s defense, overwhelmed on Louisville’s 12-play, 93-yard drive in the first quarter, held the Cardinals to 72 yards on its six other first-half possessions before unraveling in the fourth quarter. ESPN’s Samantha Ponder said UM defensive players were exhausted by that point, so fatigue was assuredly a factor.

Denzel Perryman (12 tackles) was generally outstanding, and Thurston Armbrister had some good moments, but the linebackers were again deficient in pass coverage (including Raphael Kirby), and end/linebacker Tyriq McCord was exploited in pass coverage, too. (Not sure why Mark D’Onofrio put him in that position.)

Calvin Hertelou, who returned to start the second half after sustaining a contusion in the first half, plugged the middle at times but was sealed off other times (including on Dominique Brown’s 15-yard TD run) and missed a few tackles. Freshman defensive tackle Courtel Jenkins flashed potential.

### Louisville outgained UM, 336-224. And despite occasional bursts of pass rush and a sack/strip (thanks to Anthony Chickillo and Perryman), Miami didn't do enough to disrupt inexperienced quarterback Will Gardner, who completed 20 of 28 passes for 206 yards, two touchdowns and no picks. Brown rushed for 143 yards on 33 carries (4.3 average).

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...opening-loss-at-louisville.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement

coaching staff isn't ready for primetime.

Cannot express the disappointment from this game after all the summer hype. I have zero interest in what C Golden said after that travesty of a game. Always a Canes fan but every single expectation I had for this season is gone.

### UM’s defense, overwhelmed on Louisville’s 12-play, 93-yard drive in the first quarter, held the Cardinals to 72 yards on its six other first-half possessions before unraveling in the fourth quarter. ESPN’s Samantha Ponder said UM defensive players were exhausted by that point, so fatigue was assuredly a factor.

Denzel Perryman (12 tackles) was generally outstanding, and Thurston Armbrister had some good moments, but the linebackers were again deficient in pass coverage (including Raphael Kirby), and end/linebacker Tyriq McCord was exploited in pass coverage, too. (Not sure why Mark D’Onofrio put him in that position.)

Calvin Hertelou, who returned to start the second half after sustaining a contusion in the first half, plugged the middle at times but was sealed off other times (including on Dominique Brown’s 15-yard TD run) and missed a few tackles. Freshman defensive tackle Courtel Jenkins flashed potential.

### Louisville outgained UM, 336-224. And despite occasional bursts of pass rush and a sack/strip (thanks to Anthony Chickillo and Perryman), Miami didn't do enough to disrupt inexperienced quarterback Will Gardner, who completed 20 of 28 passes for 206 yards, two touchdowns and no picks. Brown rushed for 143 yards on 33 carries (4.3 average).

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...opening-loss-at-louisville.html#storylink=cpy

Wow... horrible

I had to step away and take a shower just to cool off a little bit. After some thinking, and this is in part a knee jerk reaction to the game, but I wanted to take a look at the staff hires overall, first off Art Kehoe. I think it was a nice story, bringing back someone who is so entrenched in the history of the program. Looking back, it seems almost like a PR move that the community would embrace considering he coached some of the best offensive lines we've ever had here. His coaching resume outside of Miami is not impressive at all, and I wonder if he would have retired soon if Al Golden didn't give him a call? I'm not sure of Coach Kehoe's exact age, but I have to believe he's not far from calling it a career. Golden made this big deal of respecting the history and wanting to make sure alumni were involved in the program at his first press conference and the idea of Kehoe being this "bridge" sounded nice, but I wonder how much he has left beyond his sound bites and practice antics? Regardless, Kehoe is a cane lifer, I'm not going to show up to the stadium with fire Art signs.

Coley on the other hand, I'm not sure how much longer his so called recruiting prowess is going to allow him to keep his job. And to that point, has Golden sacrificed actual coaching ability for recruiting skill? During his tenure he has received so much criticism for not being able to dominate South Florida recruiting that maybe too many of his hires are compensating for that. With the recent hires and local recruiting momentum, the fan base was falling head over heels with Golden all over again, but the collective resume of the staff is not overwhelming. I know Ice Harris is a local coaching legend at the high school level, but I'm not familiar with his career beyond that. Hurlie Brown has spent most of his time coaching secondaries, but here he has been our RB coach and now LB. I really like the additions of Kevin Beard and Jorge Baez and the recruiting rewards will be great, but they are not position coaches. I get it, we don't have the budget of the other big programs to hire anyone we want, but just something to discuss. And I'm not bashing the entire staff, I just wanted to bring up some talking points, we all know it starts with Coley on the offensive side. Maybe Golden has this mentality of, well, let's get the talent here first, then we'll decide what to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back