Miami vs Louisville 2/16

Advertisement
Pitt is up 13 on UNC in Chapel Hill with 7 minutes left. Pitt, who is bad, won't be an easy win at their place. If they hold on, this will help with our push for the 4 seed. Notre Dame beat BC in OT in South Bend.

Advertisement
Pitt is up 13 on UNC in Chapel Hill with 7 minutes left. Pitt, who is bad, won't be an easy win at their place. If they hold on, this will help with our push for the 4 seed. Notre Dame beat BC in OT in South Bend.
We want the 3 so we can beat ND in the semis

Advertisement
Noting that throughout Miami's time in the ACC, they have gotten hosed for years, whether it's been with the refs, All Conference recognition for deserving student athletes, even things as basic as NCAA Tournament seeding, isn't conspiracy talk, it's being honest. Miami has been treated like garbage throughout our time in this S***hole conference and if there was anywhere Miami could realistically go, I'd be behind it 100%.

You think that Mark Richt also didn't try backchannels when he was at Miami?

How about Katie Meier, who is an ACC LEGEND?

Nah, it's just Jim. Only Jim.

We can keep pretending that Miami isn't treated like trash, but the facts are there on the table. The fact of the matter is this conference doesn't stand up for us, they don't treat us as an equal partner. Look how the conference circled the wagons for UNC and their academic cheating scandal, they left us out in the **** breeze when the Shapiro story broke....

Randy Shannon was the keynote speaker at an ACC football officials retreat in Destin years back. Got to see his speech. It was, honestly, embarrassing. When I was there I talked to the ref who threw the BS late hit out of bounds flag on Tavares Gooden (I believe) at Oklahoma the prior year.

Miami is definitely not a “protected” team. We all know that.

But it’s also not some big conspiracy. There’s just not.

I have no idea what Richt did or didn’t do but even with not getting holding calls, officiating didn’t really cost us games under Richt (other than maybe the pinstripe bowl where the stripes really hosed us badly).

Look someone can be a hall of fame coach and still have a weakness. Nobody is perfect. Neither L nor the AD is pushing the issue hard. That’s their decision.

That doesn’t change the fact that I feel thrilled and lucky L is our coach.

Advertisement
30 seconds after he posted that Sam took the ball drove down the lane and dunked.
He had a few dunks and boxed the **** out of some dudes that are way more solid, traditional power forwards. Most people dont realize he's playing a stretch 4 and has to bang with 5's and 4's. He's the only 4 on the floor with 3 2's and a 1. A small 1 at that.

Randy Shannon was the keynote speaker at an ACC football officials retreat in Destin years back. Got to see his speech. It was, honestly, embarrassing. When I was there I talked to the ref who threw the BS late hit out of bounds flag on Tavares Gooden (I believe) at Oklahoma the prior year.

I have no idea what Richt did or didn’t do but even with not getting holding calls, officiating didn’t really cost us games under Richt (other than maybe the pinstripe bowl where the stripes really hosed us badly).

Look someone can be a hall of fame coach and still have a weakness. Nobody is perfect. Neither L nor the AD is pushing the issue hard. That’s their decision.

I agree with you. This conspiracy that basketball officials are out to get the U is kinda crazy to me. Bad calls happen all the time, on both teams.

ACC = Another Crappy Call

As for feeling "thrilled and lucky" that L is our coach... I think after the last 3-4 years, he should be the one feeling that way. LOL!

30 seconds after he posted that Sam took the ball drove down the lane and dunked.

It actually happened about 10 minutes later, but whose counting? It was definitely nice to see him make amends and throw it down though. That's the way he should be taking it to the hole everytime. All that soft, side stepping to avoid contact needs to cease. He's a big man, going against a PG in the paint. C'mon now.

He had a few dunks and boxed the **** out of some dudes that are way more solid, traditional power forwards. Most people dont realize he's playing a stretch 4 and has to bang with 5's and 4's. He's the only 4 on the floor with 3 2's and a 1. A small 1 at that.

I agree, that 5-6 minute run Sam had midway thru the 2nd half was impressive. Needless to say, we need more of that. As much as we all appreciate the fact he may be playing out of position at times, we also need to stop making excuses for his shortcomings, particularly when it comes to questioning his toughness. Pulling up in the paint on a PG is soft. Anyone with an ounce of basketball sense will attest to that. ****, I'm sure Sam would say the same. Rebounding comes down to positioning and toughness. You don't have to be the biggest, or the tallest, or the most athletic. Although those things do help, sometimes all it takes is a little savviness and will to come up with a 50-50 ball. Some of the greatest rebounders in our history's game has proven that.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Can’t blame the refs for the Pinstripe Bowl. We were completely outclassed and played like we didn’t want to be there.

Can’t blame the refs for the Pinstripe Bowl. We were completely outclassed and played like we didn’t want to be there.

Fair but there was some really, really egregious officiating early enough in the game for it to have an impact. But yeah I agree you’re point is probably right.

Advertisement
Back