Miami vs Louisville 2/16

we got sped up when they started to press and took some dumb shots. also Wong missed the front end of a 1 and 1 that let them back in the game.

at the end of the day, this team has done enough to get into the tournament if they just keep on winning, regardless of how ugly. and in any conference road game a win is a win I'll take.

Advertisement
L's lack of 'vinegar' is a fundamental characteristic of his personality. You have to take the good with the bad on that front.

Respectfully, it’s not a lack of vinegar. He brings plenty of juice. It’s an old school mentality that the refs are trying their best. He even lobbies hard in the game when it’s particularly bad.

I’m not looking for taking a bunch of techs. That’s not his style and free points for the other team don’t help your team win. It’s working the back channels harder that I think might be missing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No. The director of the officiating in the ACC came from George Mason’s league.

We are lucky, LUCKY to have L as our coach. But he isn’t aggressive enough on this issue.
You keep harping on L being aggressive. I honestly don't think you understand that isn't L's way and him yelling and making an *** of himself won't help. We've seen this garbage through MULTIPLE COACHES in multiple sports, with varying approaches to refs. Say what you want about Haith, he would get up in a ref's grill, and it didn't help. I lost count how many games Haith got T'd up and the calls continued to be one sided.

Keep in mind, just because the director of officiating is from the A-10, doesn't mean he doesn't follow orders. Keep in mind, Tobacco Road schools run everything, they set the direction and dude is probably doing what he is told. Katie Meier played at Duke, she's in their Hall of Fame, she consistently gets F'd over by these refs.

This team has a ton of resilience. Another solid road win. I wasn’t happy with late game decision making but we got it done. Sam played his *** off tonight
Sam was okay tonight. Was very good during a 5-6 minute stretch in the 2nd half. Going to need more of that from him as we close the season out.

Respectfully, it’s not a lack of vinegar. He brings plenty of juice. It’s an old school mentality that the refs are trying their best. He even lobbies hard in the game when it’s particularly bad.

I’m not looking for taking a bunch of techs. That’s not his style and free points for the other team don’t help your team win. It’s working the back channels harder that I think might be missing.

What back channel? You realize that the ACC suspended refs for making the correct call when Miami pulled off a miracle against Duke in football right? Never mind the fact that Duke shouldn't have been ahead to begin with, the refs gave them a TD late, one that never actually happened. There isn't a backchannel. There isn't, not for us at least.

Want to say so much but I made a promise.

Another rock solid win for Coach L and the fellas.

Advertisement
For you statisticians: is this good?

9A3CF145-F1C3-4FBE-8ACC-231F3C809B2E.jpeg

You keep harping on L being aggressive. I honestly don't think you understand that isn't L's way and him yelling and making an *** of himself won't help. We've seen this garbage through MULTIPLE COACHES in multiple sports, with varying approaches to refs. Say what you want about Haith, he would get up in a ref's grill, and it didn't help. I lost count how many games Haith got T'd up and the calls continued to be one sided.

Keep in mind, just because the director of officiating is from the A-10, doesn't mean he doesn't follow orders. Keep in mind, Tobacco Road schools run everything, they set the direction and dude is probably doing what he is told. Katie Meier played at Duke, she's in their Hall of Fame, she consistently gets F'd over by these refs.

You didn’t read my post at all and your conspiracy talk is too much.

Success is about solving problems… even problems that are not easy.

Officiating is a real problem. And I know there are avenues that have not been pursued to address it.

It’s frustrating to watch because I LOVE Jim and think miami is incredibly lucky to have him as our coach.

I’ll leave it at that.

Terrific win tonight. Only close at the end because of officiating.

You didn’t read my post at all and your conspiracy talk is too much.

Success is about solving problems… even problems that are not easy.

Officiating is a real problem. And I know there are avenues that have not been pursued to address it.

It’s frustrating to watch because I LOVE Jim and think miami is incredibly lucky to have him as our coach.

I’ll leave it at that.

Terrific win tonight. Only close at the end because of officiating.

Noting that throughout Miami's time in the ACC, they have gotten hosed for years, whether it's been with the refs, All Conference recognition for deserving student athletes, even things as basic as NCAA Tournament seeding, isn't conspiracy talk, it's being honest. Miami has been treated like garbage throughout our time in this S***hole conference and if there was anywhere Miami could realistically go, I'd be behind it 100%.

You think that Mark Richt also didn't try backchannels when he was at Miami?

How about Katie Meier, who is an ACC LEGEND?

Nah, it's just Jim. Only Jim.

We can keep pretending that Miami isn't treated like trash, but the facts are there on the table. The fact of the matter is this conference doesn't stand up for us, they don't treat us as an equal partner. Look how the conference circled the wagons for UNC and their academic cheating scandal, they left us out in the **** breeze when the Shapiro story broke....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back