Miami vs. FSU 8pm ACCN

Gables Canes

Freshman
Let's make it 10 straight! Still waiting on the betting line for this game.

FSU is not very good this year. They're an extremely tall team, but they don't shoot well. They are coming off a nice win against Louisville that was probably their best win of the season. Weird scheduling, but we play them at home just 11 days after the road game.

Advertisement
Looks like the LIne has settled as FSU favored by 6.5 ...home court seems to be a larger than expected factor at times... I noticed in 6 or so games in the last week where a ranked team was playing a "decent" unranked team on the road, and were not the betting favorites in every case I saw. (The unranked won 3 of those.)

Of course, I will be at Donald Tucker Arena tomorrow night (watching San's every move!) But I guess the Bovada just doesn't take that into account.

Looks like the LIne has settled as FSU favored by 6.5 ...home court seems to be a larger than expected factor at times... I noticed in 6 or so games in the last week where a ranked team was playing a "decent" unranked team on the road, and were not the betting favorites in every case I saw. (The unranked won 3 of those.)

Of course, I will be at Donald Tucker Arena tomorrow night (watching San's every move!) But I guess the Bovada just doesn't take that into account.
Wow, I expected to be a slight underdog, but 6.5 feels a bit high.

Line is like that due to the letdown factor after Duke and playing a second consecutive conference road game

Advertisement
It's another game where we will have to deal with a significant size disadvantage. Guards will have to take over, can absolutely be done. Good thing is: playing our most despised rival, the chance for a let down is lessened considerably.

Advertisement
We need to continue to play an uptempo pace, spread the floor offensively, and disrupt the passing lanes offensively.

It's another game where we will have to deal with a significant size disadvantage. Guards will have to take over, can absolutely be done. Good thing is: playing our most despised rival, the chance for a let down is lessened considerably.
I agree and Hamilton knows that is where his best odds are. But so far we have adjusted to height disadvantages in the second half. Still FSU has been a thorn in our side especially in Tally.

I'm sure no one cares much, but I'll here with y'all after all... seems

a. my (first) $46 ticket for Tally sold on stubhub this morning for $18
b. when I just checked the (new, gifted) tickets for tonight, they are for the Jan 20 Miami at FSU women's game

trying to chuckle.

Advertisement
The Noles have won 7 in a row against us. I think that should be motivation enough for these Canes to pull out the upset. They're playing at a high level now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back