Miami vs Florida game #1

We have a very good hopefully great team but they freaking have our number, 8-35 last 43. Hopefully we win tomorrow night

Considering that before this stretch Miami consistently dominated UF, I'm not shocked that they are drawing even.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miserable wind never relented.

Del can't save us every night.

From my seat the Jenkins play could have gone either way. Can that not be challenged?

Federman is good but not dominant. Maury and Keysor can go tomorrow I hope.

McMahon threw well against them last year.

Last year we won game 1 and felt good. Let's flip it on them.

Advertisement
Miserable wind never relented.

Del can't save us every night.

From my seat the Jenkins play could have gone either way. Can that not be challenged?

Federman is good but not dominant. Maury and Keysor can go tomorrow I hope.

McMahon threw well against them last year.

Last year we won game 1 and felt good. Let's flip it on them.
Jenkins was out of the line. It was a really bad play because it negates the bunt completely. Our base running has left a lot to be desired so far.

I would like to see Tuero get a shot at second. Paige can sub in late defensively, but he is totally overmatched at the plate and you can’t justify that in a second baseman. We are just giving an out up 4 times a game.

Jenkins was out of the line. It was a really bad play because it negates the bunt completely. Our base running has left a lot to be desired so far.

He was trying to covertly obstruct. Bad judgement. Run it out correctly and at least get the runner to second. DiMAre barely even argued the call. Play it straight.....

Just a personal opinion, but tonight’s crowd was evidence that a large crowd isn’t necessarily a good one. In a weird way, so many people sort of drowns out a lot of the usual stuff that goes on at the Light that makes is such a great environment.

Advertisement
I would like to see Tuero get a shot at second. Paige can sub in late defensively, but he is totally overmatched at the plate and you can’t justify that in a second baseman. We are just giving an out up 4 times a game.
I’d wait until Wednesday, but I’d start to experiment with Tuero or Lauck to see if either of them can be passable at 2B.

Just a personal opinion, but tonight’s crowd was evidence that a large crowd isn’t necessarily a good one. In a weird way, so many people sort of drowns out a lot of the usual stuff that goes on at the Light that makes is such a great environment.
A good team would have that place erupting all night. Sounded loud as **** on tv

Advertisement
I’d wait until Wednesday, but I’d start to experiment with Tuero or Lauck to see if either of them can be passable at 2B.
Tuero can hit. I haven’t seen him play 2B, but I can’t imagine he is that bad out there. I’d play him 6-7 innings and get 3 ab’s then sub in Paige after with a lead.

Well that sucked. Just getting back home to West Palm from the game. Incredibly frustrating. Banda and Baker were sitting in the row behind me. Baker is a pretty funny dude. Hopefully we can bounce back and get the next two

That Jenkins play was a killer, but you aren’t gonna win any game with 3 hits. Florida always has an elite staff, and until we prove we can beat teams like that we won’t get over the hump. This is the first year in a while we have a staff that can match up with the Florida’s and Vandy’s of the world, and we have to take advantage of that.

Im not too worried about one game, especially this early, but if we get swept this weekend and don’t put up some runs it will be cause for concern.

Advertisement
Back