Miami vs Florida game #1

Advertisement
It breaks my heart to see where this fanbase has gone in all sports. It is evident that most fans don't expect greatness anymore and are okay with mediocrity. I'm unsure when this all happened but these are sad days as a UM sports fan.

Advertisement
Instead of "blame it on the rain", it is "blame it on the wind" or blame it on the Umps". Did the wind quit blowing when UF was up? Was there a different ump behind the plate when UF was up? Umps tend to call the pitches the same. Some have a high strike zone or a low strike zone. Some like to call strikes on inside pitches or they will widen the strike zone. Once you know how they are calling balls and strikes, the batters have to adjust.

We lost by ONE run to the #2 in the Country. I could care less.... We will see what happens this evening.

In the past five seasons, UM went to Omaha twice, which squarely places them among ten other teams. Am still confident that we will make it to Omaha this year.

Here are the other teams that made it to Omaha more than once in the past five seasons:

Texas Tech 4
TCU 3
Florida 3
Vanderbilt 2
Oregon State 2
North Carolina 2
Mississippi State 2
Miami 2
Louisville 2
Arkansas 2

These teams made it once to Omaha in the past five years:

Washington
Virginia
UC Santa Barbara
Texas
Stanford
Oklahoma State
Michigan
LSU
Florida State
Coastal Carolina
Arkansas
Arizona
Auburn
LSU
Florida
Cal State Fullerton

Personal attacks
If you could decide if you’re talking about the “last ten years“ or “always, even when we won championships” this would all run a lot more smoothly.

You are completely deranged and unhinged.

Gnome hates the team, UM, Morris, Di Mare, UM baseball facilities, etc..... Great!!! We understand. We really do.

GO AWAY. Go to the Gator Board.

We have an elite team in 2020, and we are most probably going to host a Super Regional. We may lose this series, but we are going to remain elite the entire year (if the pitching holds up and we have no injuries).

One last thing. Tuition at UM is $48,720 versus $6,381 at UF. Players at UM pay $81,290 MORE to play at UM than at UF (for 3 years - if you use 4 years then it is even worse).... Not all, but at least 70% of the elite baseball players come from disadvantaged backgrounds.

We have a top 4 recruiting class from all sites for 2021.

UM is back. Is UF better? Yes, but my calculations show that they can entice 6 more economically disadvantaged players to their school than UM can.. That is a colossal advantage.

If you hate the team so much, then stop watching. Best story ever was of some guy saying he attended a football game with the gnome and he said "the best thing I can say about the gnome is that he is a duche (sic)". I laughed for days.

Only THREE private schools in the USA made it to Omaha in the past five years. Vanderbilt, whose tuition is FREE, made it 3x, but they dot not charge tuition for 75% of their students and for all their elite ball players (look up "Operation Vanderbilt" gnome am not doing it again for the 20th time). Stanford, with the highest endowment in the Country, made it once, and TCU also went. Rice charges limited tuition and did not make it to Omaha despite possessing sizable tradition, facilities and access to the third best recruiting area in the Country. USC has won 12 championships and has been to Omaha once in the past 20 years.

Last edited:
This "troll account" has spewed nothing but truth. Keep criticizing posters while Gino DiMare's teams can't hit.

UM as a whole batted 0.291 last season. No wonder you are a concierge at a cheap motel in Key West.....

The starters batted 0.301........ Another falsehood from the unhinged Gator gnome.

Advertisement
Omaha was gift wrapped from Santa clause each of the last 2 times we made it. it was 2 of the easiest draws in the country both of those most recent trips to TD Ameritrade. Any real fan of this baseball program knew we had zero shot of making noise up there

10 YEARS!!!!!!!!!! And no we didn’t “own them”. Pull the record up.
Before this run started the overall record against them was 121-87. That's pretty favorable, especially considering they were usually good.

Before this run started the overall record against them was 121-87. That's pretty favorable, especially considering they were usually good.

The tuition disparity is a colossal advantage for public schools.

I do not understand the rage. If these people hate the team so much, why not stay on the Gator board......

Advertisement
You are completely deranged and unhinged.

Gnome hates the team, UM, Morris, Di Mare, UM baseball facilities, etc..... Great!!! We understand. We really do.

GO AWAY. Go to the Gator Board.

We have an elite team in 2020, and we are most probably going to host a Super Regional. We may lose this series, but we are going to remain elite the entire year (if the pitching holds up and we have no injuries).

One last thing. Tuition at UM is $48,720 versus $6,381 at UF. Players at UM pay $81,290 MORE to play at UM than at UF (for 3 years - if you use 4 years then it is even worse).... Not all, but at least 70% of the elite baseball players come from disadvantaged backgrounds.

We have a top 4 recruiting class from all sites for 2021.

UM is back. Is UF better? Yes, but my calculations show that they can entice 6 more economically disadvantaged players to their school than UM can.. That is a colossal advantage.

If you hate the team so much, then stop watching. Best story ever was of some guy saying he attended a football game with the gnome and he said "the best thing I can say about the gnome is that he is a duche (sic)". I laughed for days.

Only THREE private schools in the USA made it to Omaha in the past five years. Vanderbilt, whose tuition is FREE, made it 3x, but they dot not charge tuition for 75% of their students and for all their elite ball players (look up "Operation Vanderbilt" gnome am not doing it again for the 20th time). Stanford, with the highest endowment in the Country, made it once, and TCU also went. Rice charges limited tuition and did not make it to Omaha despite possessing sizable tradition, facilities and access to the third best recruiting area in the Country. USC has won 12 championships and has been to Omaha once in the past 20 years.

Here we go with the tuition excuses again. Did we have a top 5 recruiting class or not? Can't have it both ways. Either we're struggling in recruiting because of tuition (we're not), or we are struggling in development (which we are), but not both.

FYI, I haven't attended a football game with anyone on this board, nor do I work for a hotel. The dumb lies make you look petty.

Advertisement
The tuition disparity is a colossal advantage for public schools.

I do not understand the rage. If these people hate the team so much, why not stay on the Gator board......

The person you PM'd asking all of those baseball questions ("Could you explain how the college DH works?" :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg: ) outed you as a novice.

Kids want play for winners, whether it's public or private. There is a ton of financial aid available for kids who attend private schools. But we all know that recruiting hasn't been an issue lately. We sure seem to be able to land pitching......

We lost by ONE run to the #2 in the Country. I could care less.... We will see what happens this evening.

In the past five seasons, UM went to Omaha twice, which squarely places them among ten other teams. Am still confident that we will make it to Omaha this year.

Here are the other teams that made it to Omaha more than once in the past five seasons:

Texas Tech 4
TCU 3
Florida 3
Vanderbilt 2
Oregon State 2
North Carolina 2
Mississippi State 2
Miami 2
Louisville 2
Arkansas 2

These teams made it once to Omaha in the past five years:

Washington
Virginia
UC Santa Barbara
Texas
Stanford
Oklahoma State
Michigan
LSU
Florida State
Coastal Carolina
Arkansas
Arizona
Auburn
LSU
Florida
Cal State Fullerton

What a politician. Could you please let us know how many of those teams missed the tournament twice in those same five years?

The person you PM'd asking all of those baseball questions ("Could you explain how the college DH works?" :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg: ) outed you as a novice.

Kids want play for winners, whether it's public or private. There is a ton of financial aid available for kids who attend private schools. But we all know that recruiting hasn't been an issue lately. We sure seem to be able to land pitching......

You are completely deranged gnome..... Mods can attest that I have NEVER used my PM function. Never. Not once in 8 years.

Great! You hate the team. The "team is incompetence personified". Go to the Gator Board.

My sole problem with you is that there are 20 former posters who reside in Miami that refuse to post here because of the gnome. We lose their knowledge and nostalgia because they refuse to deal with the gator-gnome.

Whatever..... We will be on a tear after this series and you will disappear.... I am hoping to win tonight because then you will definitively disappear.

As of now, I place the Gator-Gnome on Ignore. Mods can attest to that as well!

Advertisement
Back