Miami vs. Fake African-American Studies Program

UNC had no answer for that zone. L owns Roy yet again.

Bruce Brown is a beast. I'm back to being afraid he's one and done.

My biggest concern with Brown leaving after this year is that he will be 21 in August. He is an old freshmen.

Advertisement
I hope L manages to convince Brown to stay for next year, that team could really be something special.

Oh, and while 99% of UNC posters gave us props, I had to share this....

The biased officiating in the first half psyched our guys out and they never recovered in the second. They were too worked up, it reminded me of the Indiana game

UNC had no answer for that zone. L owns Roy yet again.

Bruce Brown is a beast. I'm back to being afraid he's one and done.

My biggest concern with Brown leaving after this year is that he will be 21 in August. He is an old freshmen.

Nbadraft.net projects one and dones as 12 of the first 13 picks. They don't have Brown listed (yet) in the mock. It looks like a very deep draft. Even with more games like yesterday, he's probably not a lottery pick in 2017. Unless he has some Arti like financial hardship, it would probably serve him well to come back next year, but who knows how the rest of the season will play out.

Last edited:
Advertisement

The biased officiating in the first half psyched our guys out and they never recovered in the second. They were too worked up, it reminded me of the Indiana game

UNC fans gripe about the officiating in every game they lose. Veruca Salt syndrome. I'm shocked you only found one post like that.

If anything UNC got the better of the calls. Total fouls were pretty even until late when UNC was trying to foul.

Yeah this one is going to be a blowout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great call! How did you know the game would be a blowout?

Just a hunch I guess.

To be honest, the first negative Nancy post (the quoted one) was sincere. And the others I only posted because Miami literally went insane immediately after I posted this first one, so I was hoping for some more magic. It's only weird if it doesn't work. Nice win yesterday.

UNC fans gripe about the officiating in every game they lose. Veruca Salt syndrome. I'm shocked you only found one post like that.

I went back and read the in game thread. It was full of them.

Advertisement
I guess people forget we have one player in college and pro hall of fames named Rick Barry whose point totals are unreachable

I guess you can't read. See the word "seen".

You said who is better you didn't say who is better that I have seen get it together before correcting someone in the know

Most surprisingly positive performance in at least 2 seasons. Somehow we went on a 31-7 run after trailing 11-2 and with North Carolina looking like it would enjoy inside cupcakes all afternoon long.

Scrappy effort from everyone. Newton had a terrific first half then Brown followed with a dominant second half and easily his best overall game. I finally got a glimpse at what all the hoopla is all about. He even handles the ball better than it appeared all season.

North Carolina is always a somewhat lazy team defensively. The offense is so reliable that Williams is not concerned with holding the opponent to bare minimum. That aspect helped the Canes forge a performance like this, when it would not happen against a more relentless defensive team. Still, that takes nothing away from the win and how important it was.

One of these days some team is going to realize we have no clue how to get the ball inbounds other than chucking it deep downfield. They'll actually cover that guy. In the meantime I'm kind of enjoying it, especially when it's into the front court from under our own basket. Cheap finishing points.

Most surprisingly positive performance in at least 2 seasons. Somehow we went on a 31-7 run after trailing 11-2 and with North Carolina looking like it would enjoy inside cupcakes all afternoon long.

Scrappy effort from everyone. Newton had a terrific first half then Brown followed with a dominant second half and easily his best overall game. I finally got a glimpse at what all the hoopla is all about. He even handles the ball better than it appeared all season.

North Carolina is always a somewhat lazy team defensively. The offense is so reliable that Williams is not concerned with holding the opponent to bare minimum. That aspect helped the Canes forge a performance like this, when it would not happen against a more relentless defensive team. Still, that takes nothing away from the win and how important it was.

One of these days some team is going to realize we have no clue how to get the ball inbounds other than chucking it deep downfield. They'll actually cover that guy. In the meantime I'm kind of enjoying it, especially when it's into the front court from under our own basket. Cheap finishing points.

And even with chucking the ball long about 4 straight times for a lay up or dunk in the last 3 min., Ol' Roy was not able to make a change and stop it. He is one of the most overrated clowns in cbb. I wish that I could've seen his presser afterward...he probably told everyone how he was the smartest guy in the room and how the media will be covering baseball when he is still coaching basketball, etc., etc. roy williams 2.jpg

Last edited:
I guess people forget we have one player in college and pro hall of fames named Rick Barry whose point totals are unreachable

You said who is better you didn't say who is better that I have seen get it together before correcting someone in the know

That poster is asking me based on the following post.

Bruce Brown. Difference maker.

Best player I have seen at Miami.

:larryd:

Do you see the whole post now?

Advertisement
Who is better?

Also, every player on the team including the walk ons are better than rick barry. It's not 1938 anymore, basketball is integrated.

Also, every player on the team including the walk ons are better than rick barry. It's not 1938 anymore, basketball is integrated.

This isn't a serious post is it?

Nice to see that people are throwing in the towel halfway through the first half. Then again, I'm not shocked, our fanbase is so incredibly weak, they allow teams like UNC to outnumber them at HOME GAMES. I would understand the rationale if Miami was an awful program, that hadn't done anything of note recently, but that isn't the case.

Talk about hyperbole, UNC didn't even come CLOSE to outnumbering UM fans. There were about 5 to 6 UM fans for every powder blue fan.

Advertisement
Was at the game. Turned out to be a great atmosphere. But first half the team deserved more energy from the crowd. A few thoughts

- Roy Williams is an extremely overrated coach. Not getting Meeks involved down low was mind boggling. And how many times did we have to throw the td pass before he made sure to defend it? This is why Coach L is 5-4 against him at UM with lesser talent.

- Like I've said before, Bruce Brown needs to be the point guard and Newton the shooting guard. Newton is very talented but his lack of understanding the game and his game really hurts him. He is elite at attacking the rim but makes it so hard on himself trying to go 1 on 5. If he attacks after a couple of passes where the defense isn't set and is shuffling around he would be unstoppable at getting to the rim. Bruce Brown his a better facilitator and when dribbling is looking for how to make a play for others. This change would really help our offense along with Newton's game.

- Impressive win. Best part was beating the number 6 team in the country and not even a thought from the crowd or students to rush the court. Need to beat FSU too. Need to win all of our games at home. So hard to win on the road in the ACC so protect our home court and win 2 games in the ACC tourney and we should get in.

This isn't a serious post is it?

Of course it's not serious. Rick Scary would be murdering these fools with some granny style's FROM DOWNTOWN!!!!

No ***ing clue what was the point of your post

Was at the game. Turned out to be a great atmosphere. But first half the team deserved more energy from the crowd. A few thoughts

- Roy Williams is an extremely overrated coach. Not getting Meeks involved down low was mind boggling. And how many times did we have to throw the td pass before he made sure to defend it? This is why Coach L is 5-4 against him at UM with lesser talent.

- Like I've said before, Bruce Brown needs to be the point guard and Newton the shooting guard. Newton is very talented but his lack of understanding the game and his game really hurts him. He is elite at attacking the rim but makes it so hard on himself trying to go 1 on 5. If he attacks after a couple of passes where the defense isn't set and is shuffling around he would be unstoppable at getting to the rim. Bruce Brown his a better facilitator and when dribbling is looking for how to make a play for others. This change would really help our offense along with Newton's game.

- Impressive win. Best part was beating the number 6 team in the country and not even a thought from the crowd or students to rush the court. Need to beat FSU too. Need to win all of our games at home. So hard to win on the road in the ACC so protect our home court and win 2 games in the ACC tourney and we should get in.

Agree completely on BB at pg. He's not a natural pg, but his overall skill level and basketball iq make him much more suited to the role than JN.

Advertisement
Back