Miami vs. Fake African-American Studies Program

Advertisement
Amazing how good we look when we don't turn the ball over. Our defense this year is a tad underrated. Mostly because the turnovers have overshadowed it. This game is a great indicator as to how far the program has come. Even with the deficiencies this year's squad has it is still capable of beating the top ACC teams, and scraping our way towards the tourney. The schedule isn't kind, and it might be hard to finish over .500 over the last ten league games. Can we get in with a 9-9 regular season record in the ACC?

Someone please tell me Newton is a senior.. every time he in there.. dribble dribble shots fade away.. bricks or turnover.. this dude is a role player that should bring starks off the bench.. please Coach L.. keep Brown at PG.. the Offense looks like how it suppose to look.

WTF? You realize that it was Newton running the O that got Miami on track today, right? Quan isn't a true PG, but he brings something to the table, and he has earned the right to start at this point.

Yep. Anyone ing about Newton today, or Murphy the other day when he pulled in 15 rebounds, has no clue what they are watching. Newton had a very good game today.

Advertisement
Amazing how good we look when we don't turn the ball over. Our defense this year is a tad underrated. Mostly because the turnovers have overshadowed it. This game is a great indicator as to how far the program has come. Even with the deficiencies this year's squad has it is still capable of beating the top ACC teams, and scraping our way towards the tourney. The schedule isn't kind, and it might be hard to finish over .500 over the last ten league games. Can we get in with a 9-9 regular season record in the ACC?

Is this where I say **** Manu?

Really wish I had been there

C3Sd0YhXAAIuBKX.jpg

Advertisement

Brown can (will) be better than all of them. Right now, he's not. Right now Sheldon last year was better. Jack was better. Tim James was better. Eric Brown might have been better or Joe Wylie too, but Brown will be the best (even if he only sticks around one more year). You are emotionally posting right now. You're also posting based on potential, not results.

Some of those guys were before my time and I didn't "see" them at Miami.

Jack would be someone who I saw at Miami. I love Jack and he is my favorite player. I never saw Jack do a lot of these things. I think Brown is the best player I have seen at Miami. Obviously his ceiling and potential is higher than Jack. I just think you're watching something really special right now.

That's fair. I agree about ceiling and potential. I'm looking at what Jack his career at Miami and where he was when he left Miami as opposed to where Brown is in the middle of his first year. Also, I saw those guys play, so I guess that's why I differ. Also, John Salmons might be the most underrated player in UM history. Partially because he was never "the guy" at UM, but he might be one of the most talented all around players ever to play at Miami.

I wasn't here for Salmons either.

Is this where I say **** Manu?

Not as poetic as your thread title. But it fits.

Advertisement
Who is better?

Brown can (will) be better than all of them. Right now, he's not. Right now Sheldon last year was better. Jack was better. Tim James was better. Eric Brown might have been better or Joe Wylie too, but Brown will be the best (even if he only sticks around one more year). You are emotionally posting right now. You're also posting based on potential, not results.

Some of those guys were before my time and I didn't "see" them at Miami.

Jack would be someone who I saw at Miami. I love Jack and he is my favorite player. I never saw Jack do a lot of these things. I think Brown is the best player I have seen at Miami. Obviously his ceiling and potential is higher than Jack. I just think you're watching something really special right now.

That's fair. I agree about ceiling and potential. I'm looking at what Jack his career at Miami and where he was when he left Miami as opposed to where Brown is in the middle of his first year. Also, I saw those guys play, so I guess that's why I differ. Also, John Salmons might be the most underrated player in UM history. Partially because he was never "the guy" at UM, but he might be one of the most talented all around players ever to play at Miami.

I wasn't here for Salmons either.

Was here for Rick Barry.

UNC had no answer for that zone. L owns Roy yet again.

Bruce Brown is a beast. I'm back to being afraid he's one and done.

Advertisement
I did not want to watch because I figured it would be another long afternoon. My wife and I went out to lunch and, of course, the game was on. We watched the whole thing... A signature win (on national TV btw). A tourney stamp.

Tonight we drink to the Canes!

Last edited:
Need to take this momentum into a win vs FSU. College basketball is a lot about confidence and I think we just picked some up at the right time.

Advertisement
Back