Miami vs. Fake African-American Studies Program

Bruce Brown. Difference maker.

Best player I have seen at Miami.

Listen, I like what Bruce Brown is, but I've seen guys like Jack McClinton and others come through, and they were able to do it for multiple years at a time. That said, if Brown stays another couple of years, and is able to be a consistent factor, he will own the record books when he leaves.

Yeah, I did too and Jack is my favorite. I am not dissing Jack at all. Brown has a higher ceiling and has a better all round game.

Brown is the best player I have seen during my tenure and that includes Jack.

Advertisement
Bruce Brown's coming out party today. Bringing that Russell Westbrook energy.

Much needed signature-type win for the resume.

Advertisement
Bruce Brown is blowing my mind. If we are lucky enough to have him 3 years his jersey will be in the rafters.

I think he could be a first rounder this year. The kid is unreal.

Can't watch.....how we looking? What's clicking today?

Honestly, the energy and hustle are great. The D is darn good.

Brown just looks like a freak. He is scoring everything, has some blocks and 5 assists. Kid is playing insane.

Nice. Thanks!

Advertisement
Someone please tell me Newton is a senior.. every time he in there.. dribble dribble shots fade away.. bricks or turnover.. this dude is a role player that should bring starks off the bench.. please Coach L.. keep Brown at PG.. the Offense looks like how it suppose to look.

WTF? You realize that it was Newton running the O that got Miami on track today, right? Quan isn't a true PG, but he brings something to the table, and he has earned the right to start at this point.

Advertisement
Someone please tell me Newton is a senior.. every time he in there.. dribble dribble shots fade away.. bricks or turnover.. this dude is a role player that should bring starks off the bench.. please Coach L.. keep Brown at PG.. the Offense looks like how it suppose to look.

WTF? You realize that it was Newton running the O that got Miami on track today, right? Quan isn't a true PG, but he brings something to the table, and he has earned the right to start at this point.

Jesus, he's serious. Newton had one of his best games today. We don't win without him, even with what Brown did.

:larryd:

Who is better?

Brown can (will) be better than all of them. Right now, he's not. Right now Sheldon last year was better. Jack was better. Tim James was better. Eric Brown might have been better or Joe Wylie too, but Brown will be the best (even if he only sticks around one more year). You are emotionally posting right now. You're also posting based on potential, not results.

Advertisement

:larryd:

Who is better?

Brown can (will) be better than all of them. Right now, he's not. Right now Sheldon last year was better. Jack was better. Tim James was better. Eric Brown might have been better or Joe Wylie too, but Brown will be the best (even if he only sticks around one more year). You are emotionally posting right now. You're also posting based on potential, not results.

Some of those guys were before my time and I didn't "see" them at Miami.

Jack would be someone who I saw at Miami. I love Jack and he is my favorite player. I never saw Jack do a lot of these things. I think Brown is the best player I have seen at Miami. Obviously his ceiling and potential is higher than Jack. I just think you're watching something really special right now.

Last edited:

Some of those guys were before my time and I didn't "see" them at Miami.

Jack would be someone who I saw at Miami. I love Jack and he is my favorite player. I never saw Jack do a lot of these things. I think Brown is the best player I have seen at Miami. Obviously his ceiling and potential is higher than Jack. I just think you're watching something really special right now.

That's fair. I agree about ceiling and potential. I'm looking at what Jack his career at Miami and where he was when he left Miami as opposed to where Brown is in the middle of his first year. Also, I saw those guys play, so I guess that's why I differ. Also, John Salmons might be the most underrated player in UM history. Partially because he was never "the guy" at UM, but he might be one of the most talented all around players ever to play at Miami.

Advertisement
Back