Miami vs. Duke 8pm ACCN

For those saying this was the best win

#15 Miami 73
#2 UConn 71

Game was in Storrs. Uconn was 23-1. UConn won the national title that year.
We almost beat them here earlier that year too. Shot went in and out at the buzzer as the roof was about to blow off the old Miami Arena. Effing Jake Voskuhl, Khalid El-Amin and Rip Hamilton.

Advertisement
GREAT team win!!! Not sure where I'd stack this W in our program's history but it's certainly up there with the best of them. Definitely one of Larranaga's best wins in his coaching career. Props to the old man.

Both teams shot terribly from behind the 3-point line, but once again it was turnovers that were the biggest difference here. Miami, particularly our 3 headed monster (Wong, McGusty & Moore=1 TO) did a fantastic job of taking care of the ball against Duke's pressure. Duke had us by 10+ on the boards and assists, but their 19 turnovers did them in. Scary to think what Miami could be if it finishes this season with a serviceable big man. Our guard play has been terrific over the last few weeks. It's shocking to see the Canes undefeated in the ACC and sitting at the top of the conference standings. Again, KUDOS to the players and staff for turning it around. Hopefully, this isn't the peak of our season. GO CANES!!

Last edited:
Nice try to deflect, but we all knew you thought we were going to lose. Go Canes, great win.
Apparently you're a moron who struggles reading and understanding a sentence. I said it was a kick in the junk to have the "lead" the entire 2nd half and to lose "it" in final minute... it was posted right after duke took the lead. Clearly the game wasn't over at that point

Advertisement
GREAT team win!!! Not sure where I'd stack this W in our program's history but it's certainly up there with the best of them. Definitely one of Larranaga's best wins in his coaching career. Props to the old man.

Both teams shot terribly from behind the 3-point line, but once again it was turnovers that were the biggest difference here. Miami, particularly our 3 headed monster (Wong, McGusty & Moore=1 TO) did a fantastic job of taking care of the ball against Duke's pressure. Duke had us by 10+ on the boards and assists, but their 19 turnovers did them in. Scary to think what Miami could be if it finish this season with a serviceable big man. Our guard play has been terrific over the last few weeks. It's shocking to see the Canes undefeated in the ACC and sitting at the top of the conference standings. Again, KUDOS to the players and staff for turning it around. Hopefully, this isn't the peak of our season. GO CANES!!
Great win by coach L and this canes team!

My goodness, how can some people be so miserable. I get the arguing when we lose, but we just beat freaking #2 Duke on the road.

Plenty of people have voiced their displeasure toward Coach L and Gino, but ****, give guys credit when they win like this.
Exactly. But fans like that don't see their own behavior. Sad, call folks slurpers for being glad we won. Smdh

This is definitely up there for sure. Probably top 5 or 10 but that 2013 season and winning the ACC had some really memorable wins. Kicking dukes *** when they were ranked #1

It's not top 5. Any NCAAT game is a bigger win. Beating UNC to win the ACCT was a bigger win. There are a lot of bigger wins. This was a very good win though.

Advertisement
Exactly. But fans like that don't see their own behavior. Sad, call folks slurpers for being glad we won. Smdh

Also let’s not compare L and Gino.

Gino inherited a championship level program.

L inherited a dumpster fire and won the ACC before he got fked by the FBI and lost all the momentum that he had worked his whole life to build.

But we got a fun season so far and a top 20 recruiting class.

What a win. I love how this team keeps winning depite some obvious deficiencies. Let's go sweep FSU and put us in a really good postition going into the second half of the ACC regular season. I dont want to be paying any attentin to that last four in, first for out crap at the end of the year.

Advertisement
My goodness, how can some people be so miserable. I get the arguing when we lose, but we just beat freaking #2 Duke on the road.

Plenty of people have voiced their displeasure toward Coach L and Gino, but ****, give guys credit when they win like this.
We have some toxic, douchebag fans. They get off on being miserable. I'm convinced that we have a significant number of fans that actually can't stand it when Miami succeeds in anything.

And you are a Coach L cuck
1641700259349.gif

Advertisement
Apparently you're a moron who struggles reading and understanding a sentence. I said it was a kick in the junk to have the "lead" the entire 2nd half and to lose "it" in final minute... it was posted right after duke took the lead. Clearly the game wasn't over at that point
What you need to learn is context, who would care if we lost the lead and still won. Keep trying to dig out of that moron hole. Here is your sign. Lol

Advertisement
Back