Miami vs. Duke 8pm ACCN

Advertisement
🤡...It was a post in the moment as it happening. Just like most of the posts on here during a live game thread. You post your thoughts as the game is going along
Closest thing to a mea culpa we will get from you it seems. Ps, we lost the lead at the 15:32 mark the first time!! Go Canes!

96AB563C-104F-4505-BF5A-A159B786B14B.gif

Charlie Moore finding his groove with the team. I saw him as a role player early on, but the move away from traditional offense with a slug post to a 5-out and overplaying passing lanes has unlocked him.

Props to Coach L for making that switch. Though I will say I told anyone who would listen when we recruited Rodney Miller he wasn’t an ACC player, at least he wasn’t stubborn after the early season games and made the adjustments.

I never, really under any circumstances, thought we had a team that could beat that Duke team at Cameron this year. What an incredible turnaround and now Miami has a legit shot at a 4-seed type season. After seeing us get white washed by UCF, I never would’ve believed that possible.

My love for Coach L has always been strong and fervent, but injuries made me wobble some. We are back steady tonight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the most impressive part about this team is the unselfishness and chemistry. We have different guys step up on different nights. Wong isn't having to score 40 a game in order to win. Wong, Kam, Moore, and even Jordan Miller now are all very capable of taking over a game and making tough shots down the stretch. Sam's stat line wasn't ****, but he was absolutely crucial last night as well.

Anyone take exception to the broadcast call that Miami 'survived'? Don't remember losing a 20 point lead by choking and holding on as Duke thrived down the stretch. More like stealing their hearts in the final minute on their home court. Just sayin'.

Beating #1 Duke by 27 was a better regular season win. Beating UNC for an ACC title, bigger win. Honestly, Miami had multiple big wins in 2012 alone that dwarf that 1999 win, even though it was very significant.

I was pointing out the 1999 win was better than last night

Advertisement
We actually got 10 offensive rebounds against a team appreciably bigger than us across the board. 3 each by J Miller and Walker, and two by Poplar. Poplar and Walker gave us nice minutes off the bench.

Duke is a big team. Sam held up. He was key and the refs let us play unlike normal ACC officiating..

Advertisement
Duke is a big team. Sam held up. He was key and the refs let us play unlike normal ACC officiating..
I thought the officiating was out-freaking-standing. Maybe best officiated game I’ve watched this year. Let them play, called what was game impacting issues a foul, and otherwise let them go.

Went to Missouri State game last night that was absolutely stolen by officials who wanted to show their faces on national television. You didn’t see that in this one. They were secure in what they were there for: Keep the game moving and let the players decide the outcome.

I thought the officiating was out-freaking-standing. Maybe best officiated game I’ve watched this year. Let them play, called what was game impacting issues a foul, and otherwise let them go.

Went to Missouri State game last night that was absolutely stolen by officials who wanted to show their faces on national television. You didn’t see that in this one. They were secure in what they were there for: Keep the game moving and let the players decide the outcome.
Lance, you must have missed huge stretches of the game. These refs were mediocre at best, and **** near trying to keep Duke from losing in the last 5 minutes at worst. I lost count how many phantom fouls they called, fouls that are no calls in most games. Duke had multiple And 1 opportunities, on plays that are usually "You made a tough shot, play on". When you have a guy go straight up between two defenders, who are stationary, who are straight up and they don't touch the shooter, and there's a foul called, that's nonsense. Duke had at least 2 of those in the final 5 minutes. Yet Wong had a guy straight up hip check him across the floor, no one saw anything.

I expect garbage officiating when Miami plays Duke, because you know full well the refs are trained to behave as if Miami doesn't belong on the floor with the ACC's favorite child. That's why it's important to not leave it up to the refs late, because they will usually find a way.

Lance, you must have missed huge stretches of the game. These refs were mediocre at best, and **** near trying to keep Duke from losing in the last 5 minutes at worst. I lost count how many phantom fouls they called, fouls that are no calls in most games. Duke had multiple And 1 opportunities, on plays that are usually "You made a tough shot, play on". When you have a guy go straight up between two defenders, who are stationary, who are straight up and they don't touch the shooter, and there's a foul called, that's nonsense. Duke had at least 2 of those in the final 5 minutes. Yet Wong had a guy straight up hip check him across the floor, no one saw anything.

I expect garbage officiating when Miami plays Duke, because you know full well the refs are trained to behave as if Miami doesn't belong on the floor with the ACC's favorite child. That's why it's important to not leave it up to the refs late, because they will usually find a way.

Yeah. This. Not sure what game Lance was watching. We play active defense, we’re athletic and not very big… we just don’t foul that much. It’s been pretty consistent over the last 10 games. Duke absolutely fouled more last night but ended up with fewer called fouls. It’s Cameron - it is what it is - but to say the officiating was even handed is silly.

Refs were absolutely trying to sabotage us. back to back fouls on Charlie within 4 seconds late second half almost sank us, guys off the bench stepped up enough to keep us in it when they went up 5 it was nerve-racking to say the least. L put Sam and Charlie in just at the right time to help us win..

Advertisement
Back