Miami vs Arizona...quest for the title

Cane players were saying how badly they wanted to get back and make run. Really? That was horrible yesterday. I hope they make me eat my hat and get to Friday but some drive and intensity is needed in dugout. Zona guys were amped yesterday!

We were the home team. Therefore we were in the field first and our pitcher walked 2 guys, hit two guys and gave up 3 runs.

What were our players supposed to do out in the field? Start jumping around and spraying water on each other?

Yeah they were amped up. They were spotted a 3-0 lead in the 1st inning.

Advertisement
Cane players were saying how badly they wanted to get back and make run. Really? That was horrible yesterday. I hope they make me eat my hat and get to Friday but some drive and intensity is needed in dugout. Zona guys were amped yesterday!

Wait for the excuses to come from the apologists. Wait for it!

We were the home team. Therefore we were in the field first and our pitcher walked 2 guys, hit two guys and gave up 3 runs.

What were our players supposed to do out in the field? Start jumping around and spraying water on each other?

Zona was amped up before Midweek through a pitch.

We play poorly in the "big" games, period!

We drop the ACC tourney to FSU right taking two of three from them. Our series against BC was far from stellar.

The #10 player taken in the draft (Collins) took lazy swings yesterday when he had runners on base. Bye the way, his average has dropped about 50 percentage points over the last month.

For those that followed the team back in 08....didn't this remind you of our game against UGA?

Yonder Alonso couldn't come through for us and he was a top pick too!

There is no way you can fire a coach that gets you to the CWS, but why are we so good at being flat in our biggest games?

Advertisement

If they let a 3-0 lead in the first inning destroy their confidence then there is no real leadership in that dugout

We play poorly in the "big" games, period!

No. you just assign big game status to the ones we lose.

A conference series against Louisville consists of 3 big games. We won 2 of them.

Clemson? Won 3 of them.

Florida State? Won 2 of them.

Regional winners bracket games? Won that one.

Regional Championship game? Won that one.

Super Regional elimination game? Won that too.

Advertisement
For those that followed the team back in 08....didn't this remind you of our game against UGA?

No.

Not in the least bit.

That game went as planned until the 9th inning. We had a lead and our closer on the mound.

Last night we were behind from the get.

Last edited:
If they let a 3-0 lead in the first inning destroy their confidence then there is no real leadership in that dugout

When did I say anything about destroying confidence?

They 'looked' flat because they trailed the whole game and could never get a big hit or figure out the strike zone.

This is what fanboys do all the time. Play the result. Blame losses on players being 'flat' and other such garbage.

LOL.............those boys were ready to play from 1st pitch on Zona side!! Our guys were dead..........sorry but that's what I SAW!!

You're just a dumb fanboy who doesn't understand college baseball.

What kind of readiness is required to take walks and get hit by pitches? What kind of readiness is required of the other 8 guys on the field when the pitcher is throwing strikes and the umpire is calling everything a strike?

On one of Arizona's RBI hits the batter threw his bat out there and didn't even know where the ball went! He looked up in the stands before realizing that the ball was fair. It might have been the luckiest 2

Fanboy"..............name calling is usually a good sign of someone losing an argument!

They 'looked' flat because they trailed the whole game and could never get a big hit or figure out the strike zone.

This is what fanboys do all the time. Play the result. Blame losses on players being 'flat' and other such garbage.

Your name calling on here is unwarranted! Anybody can be an internet tough guy! Several Cane posters have strong opinions about last night game and have rights to share their opinion. Save your "dumb fanboy" comments for face to face how bout it?

Advertisement
Advertisement

So it takes them 9 innings to figure out 4 inches off the plate on both sides is a strike?? Yea you're a baseball genius, they should've adjusted after their first go around and hugged the plate while focusing on going oppo but they didn't. I wonder why?? LOL at you trying to call anyone a fanboy when you probably have a shrine with a picture of Jim Morris giving the bunt sign that you pray to every morning

Last edited:

So it takes them 9 innings to figure out 4 inches off the plate on both sides is a strike?? Yea you're a baseball genius, they should've adjusted after their first go around and hugged the plate while focusing on going oppo but they didn't. I wonder why?? LOL at you trying to call anyone a fanboy when you probably have a shrine with a picture of Jim Morris giving the bunt sign that you pray to every morning

LOL

So it takes them 9 innings to figure out 4 inches off the plate on both sides is a strike?? Yea you're a baseball genius, they should've adjusted after their first go around and hugged the plate while focusing on going oppo but they didn't.

You play the game a certain way all season. You aren't going to change your stripes in one go through the lineup.

Talk about baseball 'genius' here. The professional whiners are so clueless about organized sports that it's comical.

You couldn't display more ignorance of how things work than you guys do.

Advertisement
Back