Miami vs Arizona...quest for the title

Why did Heyward just try to bunt when we're down 5-1 in the 8th??

Yup, don't swing at a curveball over the plate but go golfing on the next one

It seems like that is the game plan or something weird.Looks like they are being told to take certain pitches and swing at others.In almost every game I have seen they are doing it the same way.It's odd for sure.

Even if it is its idiotic, you trade an out for a run if you're down late not for a runner on 2nd and they especially shouldn't be telling them to take pitches. The idea should be if you think it's a strike, swing because we're in a 4 run hole.

Advertisement
No pitching is the key. If we don't score a lot of runs, we don't win. Morris looks old, we need a new coach.

Advertisement
If we win the next 2, on Friday we will face Bannister again, or, Hatch from OSU, who threw the shutout earlier today.
Piece of cake.

I don't want to ruin anyone's weekend but we have zero chance of winning more than 2 games.

No pitching is the key. If we don't score a lot of runs, we don't win. Morris looks old, we need a new coach.

Yes with a different coach Mediavilla wouldnt have hit 2 batters and walked 2 in the first inning. I guess we need a new basketball coach too since Coach L is older than Morris.

Advertisement
Team picked a great day to forget how to swing a bat - didn't help the strike zone was the size of Texas but fkin adjust!

I don't want to ruin anyone's weekend but we have zero chance of winning more than 2 games.

1% but I know what you are saying. Another meltdown CWS showing under Morris. Zona head coach first game looks like a boss. He had their team ready from first batter. We were like Walking Dead! Sad but true.

1% but I know what you are saying. Another meltdown CWS showing under Morris. Zona head coach first game looks like a boss. He had their team ready from first batter. We were like Walking Dead! Sad but true.

Exactly, it was Morris's fault that Mediavilla hit two batters and walked 2 others in the first inning.

Advertisement
Team picked a great day to forget how to swing a bat - didn't help the strike zone was the size of Texas but fkin adjust!

A perfect storm of Med getting off to his slow start, doing more damage in first, ridiculous pitch taking....and while they were taking perfect pitches, the ump was calling horrific balls against them strikes. All of that...the result was pretty much guaranteed.

Freakin college baseball Morris. Let the kids be kids and swing the bats with some heart. I said this last year as we sort of limped into the CWS. They tell them to remember and cherish the experience....the bet way to do that is to turn them loose and let them have fun, regardless of the outcome. This approach has quieted some pretty decent bats as seen previously in the year.

UM

Last edited:
The game in a nutshell:
1. Mediavilla needed 20 pitches to get started.
2. In both of their 2-run hits the batter had no clue the ball went down the RF line.
3a. EVERYONE struck out. 14 total. 6 by 3, 4, 5 hitters. 7 looking(?)
3b. We never adjusted to that umps strikezone.

This game had 2-1, 3-2 written all over it.
None of the above had anything to do with Morris.

The pitching last night was fantastic after the 1st inning. The bullpen went 4 scoreless innings of 1-hit ball.

Mediavilla started poorly and we never figured out the strike zone.

Boom.

Just like that you're almost out.

It's likely that Arizona or Oklahoma State will be in the championship series. Two teams that nobody on Earth even had getting to the CWS let along getting to the final.

Advertisement
Zona head coach first game looks like a boss. He had their team ready from first batter. We were like Walking Dead! Sad but true.

This is comical analysis.

Their coach had no clue. He was biting his nails the whole game. We hit two batters and walked two more. We gave away the game.

Arizona is proving why, once again, this tournament is a complete crap-shoot and almost nothing that mattered all year matters now.

Zona head coach first game looks like a boss. He had their team ready from first batter. We were like Walking Dead! Sad but true.

This is comical analysis.

Their coach had no clue. He was biting his nails the whole game. We hit two batters and walked two more. We gave away the game.

Arizona is proving why, once again, this tournament is a complete crap-shoot and almost nothing that mattered all year matters now.

LOL.............those boys were ready to play from 1st pitch on Zona side!! Our guys were dead..........sorry but that's what I SAW!!

Cane players were saying how badly they wanted to get back and make run. Really? That was horrible yesterday. I hope they make me eat my hat and get to Friday but some drive and intensity is needed in dugout. Zona guys were amped yesterday!

LOL.............those boys were ready to play from 1st pitch on Zona side!! Our guys were dead..........sorry but that's what I SAW!!

You're just a dumb fanboy who doesn't understand college baseball.

What kind of readiness is required to take walks and get hit by pitches? What kind of readiness is required of the other 8 guys on the field when the pitcher is throwing strikes and the umpire is calling everything a strike?

On one of Arizona's RBI hits the batter threw his bat out there and didn't even know where the ball went! He looked up in the stands before realizing that the ball was fair. It might have been the luckiest 2-RBI double I've ever seen.

Somehow those things are a sign of readiness.

What happened is we lost and goobers like you always have to find some angle to play regarding coaching.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back