MIAMI vs ALABAMA depth charts

Great question. New offense, new supporting cast and with COVID he didn't have the best opportunity to get integrated. Regardless his numbers would look a lot better with competent WR play. Now he's missed out on another offseason of on-field work but I'm optimistic about his recovery.

Right the guy who's thrown more screen yards and a higher % of screens than any QB in this class, and maybe ever? With an NFL OL and 2 top 15 picks at WR? That guy? Yeah.

Take away the RPOs and screens and wide open crossers and you're left with a bunch of underthrown deep balls where Waddle and Smith made spectacular catches coming back to the ball. Cool stats though!
Mac Jones will be drafted before King, it's not even a debate. Care to wager?

Waddle played 5 games btw my man, it was the Mac to Devonta in the passing game show and Najee on the ground that won them the NC, not Waddle catching "jump balls"

QB A = 64%, 2686 yards, 23 TD, 5 INTs, 152 Rating

QB B = 77.4 %, 4500 yards, 41 TDs, 4 INTs, 203 Rating

And you think QB A is better :pgdead:

#KABz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mac Jones will be drafted before King, it's not even a debate. Care to wager?

Waddle played 5 games btw my man, it was the Mac to Devonta in the passing game show and Najee on the ground that won them the NC, not Waddle catching "jump balls"

QB A = 64%, 2686 yards, 23 TD, 5 INTs, 152 Rating

QB B = 77.4 %, 4500 yards, 41 TDs, 4 INTs, 203 Rating

And you think QB A is better :pgdead:

#KABz!!!!!!!!!!!!
So by that logic Mac Jones is better than Fields too, right? And Trubisky is better than Mahomes? And Brandon Weeden is better than Russ Wilson?

5 games was plenty for Jones to showcase his noodle arm. As was his Pro Day.

I already tore apart your childish stat argument. You must LOVE Kyle Trask too if stats are so important. And guess who Trask backed up in high school?

You can't be older than 16 and if you are that's an embarrassment. Welcome to the ignore list clown.

Last edited:
So by that logic Mac Jones is better than Fields too, right? And Trubisky is better than Mahomes? And Brandon Weeden is better than Russ Wilson?

5 games was plenty for Jones to showcase his noodle arm. As was his Pro Day.

I already tore apart your childish stat argument. You must LOVE Kyle Trask too if stats are so important.

You can't be older than 16 and if you are that's an embarrassment. Welcome to the ignore list clown.

OK, holler at me when the NFL agrees with you and drafts King before Jones. Until then drink the Kool-Aid and STFU because your "take" is blind, dumb homerism at it's best. Good talk kid.

Our backs ranks are higher than bama's surprising. Talent wise we're not as far from Bama as I thought we were.

Advertisement
I'll let you in on a little secret here. Alabama has a better player at every position than we do except maybe kicker/punter.

None of our other players match up to whatever Alabama has. Even if we did have comparable players, Manny is still in charge and running the defense like he has since 2016. We will be out-coached in every aspect of the game like we always have.

The offense will have no consistent running game, and we will start the season with non-D1 players like Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins playing against Alabama. Its part of the Manny system of starting players based off of seniority/loyalty. D'Eriq King will be healthy and ready to go but will be completely shook just like he was against Clemson last year.

The defense will be exposed against Alabama to the tune of the UNC game last year. Our defensive line is the most underwhelming group since 2013. Zach McCloud will continue to be a rotational starter despite being a non-D1 player. The linebackers are the worst in D1 and D2 football. Mannys awful scheme, lack of LB recruiting, and refusal to hire a legit LB coach has us essentially playing a 9-man defense against 11-man offenses.

No other football program in the history of mankind has had linebacker play like this:

Our defensive backs are still average at best with the exception of Stevenson, who has a high football IQ.

We still dont have a legit return man. I hope Restrepo can figure it out. Maybe Rambo.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that besides Manny, the coaching staff now seems to be respectable. The recruiting at most positions is improving. We have legit options at QB if King gets hurt and for the future. If Manny leaves and Lashlee takes over with T-Rob as defensive coordinator, we can improve in the future.

BUT, until then, we are going to be annihilated by Alabama, lose to the rising UNC, and at least one other mediocre team. We do not have a comparable roster to Alabama.

This video shows awful DL play, not LB play.

What exactly do you expect LB's to do when O-lineman are hauling a$$ to the second level and blocking them because the DL just runs upfield and doesn't require the O-line to chip/double?
I played LB in college. There's nothing you can do when you constantly have to take-on O-linemen every play.

In this video the DL are constantly seen losing their gap, getting reached, allowing OL to easily release to the 2nd level.
This is why I tell people, Manny's defense will NEVER produce a statistically good Linebacker unit.

What exactly do you expect LB's to do when O-lineman are hauling a$$ to the second level and blocking them because the DL just runs upfield and doesn't require the O-line to chip/double?
I played LB in college. There's nothing you can do when you constantly have to take-on O-linemen every play.

In this video the DL are constantly seen losing their gap, getting reached, allowing OL to easily release to the 2nd level.
This is why I tell people, Manny's defense will NEVER produce a statistically good Linebacker unit.

The video shows the Linebackers using absolutely no technique in trying to engage and shed blockers.

It also shows the Linebackers taking their own players out highlighting a lack of situational awareness and mental cohesiveness.

It also shows them going the complete opposite direction of the ball carrier.

Linebacker evaluations, recruiting, coaching and the resulting play is Peewee level.

What do you expect with Manny and Patke, the 2 most unqualified coaches, coaching those positions?

Its not a coincidence.

You know what? To **** with Alabama, their cheating, their entitlement, their 85 five and six star players, and their cheating coach who doubles as an automobile leasing maven. Miami is going to beat them down in a few months.

Advertisement
The video shows the Linebackers using absolutely no technique in trying to engage and shed blockers.

It also shows the Linebackers taking their own players out highlighting a lack of situational awareness and mental cohesiveness.

It also shows them going the complete opposite direction of the ball carrier.

Linebacker evaluations, recruiting, coaching and the resulting play is Peewee level.

What do you expect with Manny and Patke, the 2 most unqualified coaches, coaching those positions?

Its not a coincidence.
It shows freelancing and no gap integrity from the DL more than it shows any of that stuff you mentioned.

If your LB's have to deal with OL every play then there's a problem.

1st clip Ford lets the RT reach right across his face and makes no attempt to shed or reassert his gap. And Miller gets washed down by the double team because he's slanting outside to vacate the A gap for Jennings to blitz. The run goes right through Ford's gap but it's bad LB play lol.

4 hesitates in the hole and 6 is late to close and lacks the striking power to bring down backs easily but that's not why the back is squirting through a huge gap.

It shows freelancing and no gap integrity from the DL more than it shows any of that stuff you mentioned.

Do you think it's correctable or it's just something we have to get used to? Do better players (intelligence?) help?

1st clip Ford lets the RT reach right across his face and makes no attempt to shed or reassert his gap. And Miller gets washed down by the double team because he's slanting outside to vacate the A gap for Jennings to blitz. The run goes right through Ford's gap but it's bad LB play lol.

4 hesitates in the hole and 6 is late to close and lacks the striking power to bring down backs easily but that's not why the back is squirting through a huge gap.

Gentlemen I’ve been preaching this for awhile now, it’s cool to rip the lb’s but the bigger issues is an undisciplined scheme and no game changers on the dl. Ironically the d looked really good with G Willis plugging the middle taking double /triple teams every play. Lb play is a little easier when that happens. Yes the lb’s have been meh to bad but they deal with the ol more than they should too. They are rarely clean.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Close on paper, but the refs will handle the rest. Nick the prick will bytch and moan on the sidelines and Bama will win big.
Refs control the game, need to give these jack assess a slap as soon as they hit the stadium.
1621708373700.gif

Gentlemen I’ve been preaching this for awhile now, it’s cool to rip the lb’s but the bigger issues is an undisciplined scheme and no game changers on the dl. Ironically the d looked really good with G Willis plugging the middle taking double /triple teams every play. Lb play is a little easier when that happens. Yes the lb’s have been meh to bad but they deal ol more than they should too. They are rarely clean.
Exactly. If you have average to below average LB play, you cannot have the DL playing selfishly. That’s how you get the UNC game.

Gentlemen I’ve been preaching this for awhile now, it’s cool to rip the lb’s but the bigger issues is an undisciplined scheme and no game changers on the dl. Ironically the d looked really good with G Willis plugging the middle taking double /triple teams every play. Lb play is a little easier when that happens. Yes the lb’s have been meh to bad but they deal with the ol more than they should too. They are rarely clean.
2017 ND ran the same Counter schemes UNC did and the front led by Norton/McIntosh/Quarterman shut them down. None of those guys are world-beaters either.

Advertisement
This is one of those times when the bigger issue is ‘both.’ Better DL and LBs don’t get exposed so bad, and yeah, manny’s use of DL is flawed, imo. But our LBs haven’t been remotely at level post Shaq, and but for Shaq and Pinckney, both recruited by Dorito, it’s been slim pickings since Manny got here.

Do you think it's correctable or it's just something we have to get used to? Do better players (intelligence?) help?
Manny's scheme is predicated on getting vertical up-field and disregarding what "gap you have".

"Create chaos!"

We'll have a DT line-up in the B-gap and during the play end-up outside of the C-gap.
Well what do yall think happens to that Guard he was lined-up over? He leaves and attacks the second level because he doesn't have to worry about that DT anymore.

And the very next play Miller gets reached by the Center, allowing the RG to freely go up to the LB.

Always enjoy talkin' ball with you. You get it.

Advertisement
Back