Miami visited Jhavonte Dean today

View as article
Advertisement
I don't think anything has changed. If Bama has a spot left for him he goes there. This is not news. Kid is marginal for Bama and it remains to be seen if he has a spot with them.

i would be a horrible recruiter, cause i would tell Dean, Henderson, Harley, Slaton, Herbert..... ALL OF EM, to go **** themselves

It's not looking to good with Dean boys and girls. I really doubt Gary is gonna start making up direct quotes. At the end of the day, we will just have to wait until Alabama decides whether or not they can take him. It sucks, but that is where we are at for now. Hopefully this will change in the next couple of recruiting cycles.

Dean isnt a take at bama and he is delusional right now. Coaches havent been to visit him or havent been talking to him. He will not be at bama.

Welp. Let's hope that we can break the second place tie with Utah if Alabaga continues to snub him.

**** sad that Alabaga nut juice is so strong that a South Florida dude with family on UM's staff is willing to subjugate himself in an interview to cuck status.

This dude admitted Sabag is ignoring him, but he's hanging by the phone waiting for that last second call.

"Hey Dean. It's Coach Sabag. We struck out on the guy we wanted so I'm calling you on signing day to invite to walk on here." All you hear on the other end of the line is Dean's feet spinning like Fred Flintstone to run to TusKKKaloosa.

Advertisement
I get it, Canesport has become shaky, but they had direct quotes so unless he's trolling, you have to take his words at face value.

You know they twist "direct" quotes

Keep telling yourself that. No one hates Sperman more than me, but he'd be finished a long time ago if he was making up direct quotes. No one would do an interview with them.

Lets not act like Ferman has kids lining up to do interviews with him. Im not saying he is lying on Dean..but I cant take anything Ferman writes and run with it either. Remember this is the same guy who refuted Petes report that Jeudy was officially visiting. Maybe Dean didnt feel comfortable giving him the real. Who knows.

i would be a horrible recruiter, cause i would tell Dean, Henderson, Harley, Slaton, Herbert..... ALL OF EM, to go **** themselves

If you worked at Alabaga that approach would work. Sabag is doing exactly that with Dean, and Dean's still in that butt.

I get it, Canesport has become shaky, but they had direct quotes so unless he's trolling, you have to take his words at face value.

You know they twist "direct" quotes

Keep telling yourself that. No one hates Sperman more than me, but he'd be finished a long time ago if he was making up direct quotes. No one would do an interview with them.

Lets not act like Ferman has kids lining up to do interviews with him. Im not saying he is lying on Dean..but I cant take anything Ferman writes and run with it either. Remember this is the same guy who refuted Petes report that Jeudy was officially visiting. Maybe Dean didnt feel comfortable giving him the real. Who knows.
You're confusing Sperman's obvious lack of connections and his stupid opinions with fabricating direct quotes. He's not making up those quotes.

Why would Dean go out of his way to make himself look like a cuck? Sad state of affairs down here. Start recruiting more nationally.

Advertisement
Yeah I went on a date with this perfect 10....she said she'd call me but hasn't done so yet. I know she's busy so I just wait by the phone....

Wonder if Bama dropping Dean had anything to do with his play this season.Wished we had his season stats.

It's become internet fact now that Alabama dropped Dean? That didn't take long.

There has been talk of it for a while now. Most of you likely didnt hear about it because miami wasnt recruiting him at the time.

Bama insiders said they dropped him a couple months ago

They didn't drop him they just thought he would flip and was not likely to stay in the class.
Still back that up Brock?

proxy.php

Advertisement
Blinn College (Tex.) CB Jhavonte Dean took his official visit to Miami over the weekend.

And in his first public comments about his time on campus the Miami native told CaneSport on Monday evening that "I liked it. Coming back to my hometown, Miami's been recruiting me hard the last couple of months. I wanted to see how it was, they showed me a lot of love, were really honest with me. I thought that was big for me. I just felt like it was family there."

Dean is an Alabama commitment, and he says he remains so after this visit.

"Miami did move up some," Dean said, "but I'm still solid to Alabama."

A question remains if 'Bama will definitely take him in this class. Dean says he hasn't heard from Alabama coaches a lot, although he says they did visit him in December before the dead period, and the program hasn't set up his official visit date yet.

But Dean says he believes Alabama is still hot on his trail.

"They haven't set the visit up for me, I'm still waiting for that," Dean said. "But they haven't showed me they don't want me. If they didn't I'm pretty sure I'd get the hint. I talked to them last week, so we still communicate."

Asked if the Canes are No. 2 on his list behind 'Bama, Dean said Utah and Arizona State remain in the mix and that "It's all even (with those three), I'm not trying to put any numbers out there. They're even there."

Asked why 'Bama has the edge on the Canes, he pointed to the success with playing for championships at Alabama.

"That's the main thing," he said.

What can UM do to catch up in these final two weeks?

"I can't really answer that, I don't really know," Dean said. "I guess just keep doing what they're doing, recruiting me, be honest with me and maybe something can happen."

Dean spoke more about his time in Miami this weekend - he took the trip with his mother, stepfather and younger sister ("they liked it also," Dean said).

"I just enjoyed being at home, first of all," he said. "And I enjoyed the coaches - coach (Ephraim) Banda, coach (Mike) Rumph, coach Manny Diaz and then coach Mark Richt. He's not only a great coach, he's a very spiritual guy and I liked that. He's kind of changed the program around in one year. What they're doing over there at Miami is really for real."

Dean was hosted by Dionte Mullins.

"Me and Dionte played ball since we were young, on ten same youth team and we won a national championship as young kids," Dean said. "So I always have had a bond with him. Me, him, Joseph Jackson and Cedrick Wright, I already know those guys.

[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] I know you said you weren't worried.

Is this a smokescreen to build suspense?

Kid from SoFla with family on the staff treating us like a 2nd rate biznatch wanting to go play in Tuscaloosa after they ignored his *** the last month. Pathetic.

I get the Bama thing. I don't like it, but I at least understand it. Kids want to play for championships. But "all even with Utah and Arizona State"? Reading that makes my balls hurt.

Advertisement
One thing i will say with this staff is I get irritated with the hype tweets on official visit weekends and then appear to have little substance. With that being I still definitely believe we are getting dean

Last edited:
I get the Bama thing. I don't like it, but I at least understand it. Kids want to play for championships. But "all even with Utah and Arizona State"? Reading that makes my balls hurt.

Here is the real deal. As sad as it is to really admit this, we have become an after thought due to the years of not only losing and mediocrity but our President and Admin doing nothing about it and accepting it as a norm. We are behind and way behind in the eyes of recruits. The only thing that will change this will be winning the ACC, and playing for a championship. Think of all the players that flirt with us lead us on only to go somewhere else. We have SFL studs talking about Louiville, Illinois, Arizona State, and Utah instead of the home town up and coming team. You have all-pro and hall of fame players reguarly visit the campus that as a college player you have access to as mentors for guidance and motivation. You want to go somewhere else? GTFO! Just give us the "True Canes" with the us against the world mentatlity and one by one we will rebuild it slowly and when it is finally done we will be able to pick and choose whovever we want. We will be able to tell kids if they visit a another school or don't commit we are moving on instead of whoring ourselves out like we are now. This sh*t has to stop. These kids are not too smart if they don't know we have something special going on with Brother Richt. There is a major storm coming and some of these kids are going to be directly in the path of it. Shaq, Pink, Mcloud, Dee Jay, DJ, Garvin and the rest will make them never forget overlooking the U.

Last edited:
Alabama hardly contacts the kid and yet he still lined up at the door.

Winning solves everything.

Advertisement
Back