2025 Miami visit impresses 2025 RB Alvin Henderson

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium

Miami visit felt like home for Alvin Henderson. On the recent CanesInSight podcast, Henderson discussed his visit to Miami and how it made him feel welcomed and loved. Despite the departure of his primary recruiter, Coach Tim Harris, Jr., Henderson still felt a strong connection to the Miami program.

Henderson shared that Coach Harris had visited his school and expressed his belief that Miami was the best fit for him, with or without him there. This initial meeting left Henderson feeling excited and motivated to explore Miami further. However, shortly after announcing his visit to Miami, Henderson learned that Coach Harris had left for a better job opportunity at UCF (offensive coordinator). This news initially raised concerns for Henderson and his mother, as they wondered what would happen next.

Despite these uncertainties, Henderson and his mother decided to proceed with the visit and see how they felt about Miami. From the moment he arrived on campus, Henderson felt welcomed and loved by the coaching staff and players. He mentioned Coach "D-Train" Dennis Smith, Coach Stephen Field, and Coach Cristobal as individuals who made him feel at home. Henderson even forgot that there wasn't a running backs coach present during his visit.

Henderson also had the opportunity to talk to other committed players in the '25 class and discuss life with Coach Cristobal. These interactions further solidified his positive impression of Miami. Coach Cristobal highlighted the potential of the Miami program, including the opportunity to play alongside three potential first-round linemen and be part of a great safe community in Coral Gables.

When asked about his impression of Coral Gables compared to his hometown in Alabama, Henderson emphasized the feeling of home away from home. He mentioned that while some people may perceive Miami as dangerous, he felt that the campus area in Coral Gables provided a safe and comfortable environment. Henderson appreciated the convenience and accessibility of everything he needed while on campus, similar to his small hometown.

Miami recognizes the competition they face from in-state schools like Alabama and Auburn, but Henderson's potential and upside make him a top priority for the running back position. Overall, Henderson's visit to Miami solidified his positive impression and made him seriously consider committing to the program.

One notable aspect of Henderson's visit is the genuine connection he felt with the coaches. He mentions feeling like he was actually from Florida and being considered as a player they see every day. Despite the absence of a running back coach, the coaching staff assured Henderson that they would do everything they could to make him happy and satisfied.

The coaching staff's efforts to visit Henderson's high school after his visit demonstrate their commitment and dedication to recruiting him. This reassurance and follow-up visit show that Miami is serious about having Henderson as part of their program.

Connection with Coach Cristobal.​

One of the key factors that stood out to Henderson during his visit was the connection he felt with Coach Cristobal. Henderson mentioned that Cristobal called him personally and expressed his desire to fly down to see him.

Throughout their conversations, Henderson said Cristobal continuously expressed his belief in his potential. Henderson mentioned that he could feel the genuine connection from Coach Cristobal, unlike other coaches who may say things just to keep players happy. Coach Cristobal's previous experience coaching talented running backs like Derrick Henry also added to his credibility in Henderson's eyes.

Additionally, Cristobal discussed the small things that could turn into big things for Henderson at Miami. He mentioned the community service opportunities and the chance for Henderson to make a name for himself early in his career, just like Mark Fletcher did in the previous season.

One standout aspect of Coach Cristobal's approach was that he did not ask Henderson what it would take to get him to Miami. Instead, he assured Henderson that his actions and the program he was building would speak for themselves. This approach stood out to Henderson because it showed that Coach Cristobal was not just interested in recruiting him, but in changing his and his family's life. This level of commitment and dedication resonated with Henderson and made him seriously consider committing to the University of Miami.

On the field, he credits his high school's single wing offense for helping him develop as a running back. The offense focuses on getting the ball downhill and utilizes plays like sweeps, inside zones, and traps. Henderson believes that this style of offense has prepared him well for college football, as it has showcased his ability to run between the tackles. He mentions that coaches who have recruited him have already noticed his skills in this area.

Henderson specifically mentions his interest in the University of Miami and the positive feedback he received from Coach Cristobal. He explains that Miami's offensive system aligns well with his playing style and that he feels prepared for college football based on the offense he has run in high school. He mentions that Miami's offense allows for him to gain significant yardage before getting tackled, which is a valuable skill to have at the college level.

Henderson was asked on the show about the recent retirement of Alabama head coach Nick Saban. As a native of Alabama, Henderson expressed his initial shock at the news but acknowledges that people are starting to settle into the reality of Saban's retirement. He mentions seeing pictures of Saban enjoying his retirement activities, such as surfing and playing golf with Lil Yachty. Henderson reflects on his own experience meeting with Saban and how quickly things can change in the recruiting process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Really like this kid, and he seems to really have his head on his shoulders for his age. Doesn’t seem like he’ll play games.. keep it real with him and he’ll keep it 100 as well.

Seems like a Cane.
That is unless he has a family member sitting in an Alabama penitentiary looking to get paroled early. I just stop there.

Advertisement
Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 6.24.35 PM.png

Are these stats accurate? Because if so, that's some Derrick Henry type $h1t that I haven't seen in a long while.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Will run it down the middle, has patience, has Duke-like moves, has patience when necessary, plays wildcat QB, not afraid to lay the wood, finishes TD runs at full speed, runs away from secondary taking angles. HUDL claims 4.4 speed and he looks like he is close ... ****, what's not to like?

Only criticisms I had of his highlights were runs too upright like the highlights of every other high school RB I've ever seen, and needs to learn a good stiff arm. Go get him Mario. Send the Helo.

Did Henderson say Cristobal and the new OC sat me down and showed me how they would use me? I know Dawson has only been here a year but to call him the new OC? LOL Mario hiring new OCs without us knowing?

Advertisement
I haven't watched his tape, but running backs who primarily play and star in that single wing attack generally don't produce those type of numbers when they leave that system. I hope this is a different situation here.
True…. Cause they don’t get the ball 45 times a game.

I haven't watched his tape, but running backs who primarily play and star in that single wing attack generally don't produce those type of numbers when they leave that system. I hope this is a different situation here.
He ran for over 3,000 yards and 60 TD’s in 1 year so you are correct I doubt he will produce those numbers when he leaves that system

Advertisement
Back