Miami V.S. Bama 3:30 kickoff

Bama is starting a new QB, new RB, and lost Waddle and Smith. Metchie is not the same caliber WR as those. I can see Bama having issues offensively, particularly early in the game. They also lost a couple key OL in ****erson and Leatherwood.
Bama -17.5? Wow I'm going to hammer the f out of that.
It’s still Bama, so my guess is it’ll move closer to +20 by game day. I’d hold off, but to each their own.

Advertisement
I’d also like to see King go full contact in fall camp before I put $ on Miami. I saw one bookmaker said it’d be around -22/23 if King doesn’t go.

It’s still Bama, so my guess is it’ll move closer to +20 by game day. I’d hold off, but to each their own.
I think so too. I mean when’s the last time we were actually competitive against a team worth a **** on National tv? 2017 against ND? Who knows that’s why you play these games.

I think so too. I mean when’s the last time we were actually competitive against a team worth a **** on National tv? 2017 against ND? Who knows that’s why you play these games.
I just meant public money always comes in on Bama during game week (esp 1st half over the past ~5 seasons).

I’d take 17.5, but I think you can get a better line if you wait. 21 would be ideal. As I said in another thread, betting anything before you know what happens with King is a huge gamble.

As a gambler (taking off the orange and green glasses), I see no reason to bet Miami early. I don’t see many scenarios where you can’t get at least +17 on game day, I’d be surprised to see it lower.. happily surprised as a fan, less so much as a gambler, although I’m happy to stay away and just enjoy this game.

I just meant public money always comes in on Bama during game week (esp 1st half over the past ~5 seasons).

I’d take 17.5, but I think you can get a better line if you wait. 21 would be ideal. As I said in another thread, betting anything before you know what happens with King is a huge gamble.

As a gambler (taking off the orange and green glasses), I see no reason to bet Miami early. I don’t see many scenarios where you can’t get at least +17 on game day, I’d be surprised to see it lower.. happily surprised as a fan, less so much as a gambler, although I’m happy to stay away and just enjoy this game.
Oh I'm taking Bama -17.5. Not trying to be a mope or anything but I don't see Bama winning by any less than 20. I sure hope I'm wrong. Doesn't matter if they lost a ton of guys, they just reloaded with one of the best recruiting classes in history.

Advertisement
Oh I'm taking Bama -17.5. Not trying to be a mope or anything but I don't see Bama winning by any less than 20. I sure hope I'm wrong. Doesn't matter if they lost a ton of guys, they just reloaded with one of the best recruiting classes in history.
I’m not one to talk guys off bets they like, and I’m still a Canes homer at the end of the day, but Bama’s returning production vs ours gives me great hope that we cover (maybe even sneak a win).

Saban vs Manny is a mismatch. King limited practice reps is scary. Without knowing the total, I might lean under. First game jitters, national stage, possible conservative game plans (possible opposite too, especially from our end — remember Dorsett vs ND and JT4 vs Clemson). I’d also imagine Saban will look to exploit our run D that UNC gashed, while keeping his new QB confident by leaning on the run game. Keep that clock ticking...

Advertisement
330 is perfect. If we get boat raced it’s expected and no one is watching

if we shock the world that will be the talk of the prime time matchup. Which means Georgia and Clemson fans will have to hear about it non stop. Perfect.

If we somehow pull it off, the national pundits will make every excuse imaginable to defend Bama. Too many new coaches, lost too much talent, Bama beat themselves, the air in the dome was 1 degree too cold for Saban's preference, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bama is starting a new QB, new RB, and lost Waddle and Smith. Metchie is not the same caliber WR as those. I can see Bama having issues offensively, particularly early in the game. They also lost a couple key OL in ****erson and Leatherwood.

All they have to do is hand the ball off and follow the big uglies. Which one of our LBs is going to stop them?

Advertisement
Back