Miami v. Iowa State - Sweet 16

Advertisement
Advertisement
Iowa St is a far better D than Wisconsin though. And we'd be playing a Wisky team without their PG and with Johnny Davis playing hurt. Wisky closed the year losing to Nebraska, dropping Game 1 in the BTT, and narrowly beating Colgate. Our guards would carve them up and without Hepburn they'd have struggled with our traps.

Agree with what you said about Iowa St, but they're going to force us to play at their tempo just like UVa did. If we actually shoot decent though, then I like our chances
Well quite frankly LSU did not deserve their seating. They are a very high turnover team, and they were not playing well their last 10 games going into the tournament. They were a great match for a team like Iowa State.

Yes, Iowa State will try to force us to play their tempo as we will attempt to force them to play to ours. They are not a good at the foul line or from 3, and they tend to turn the ball over. UVA could not miss from 3 when it mattered, and we turned the ball over a lot in Charlottesville. We protected the ball when we played them at home. They beat us on the line by hitting 76% on 25 foul shots.

We have to play well on Friday night, but most certainly we do not have to play perfectly.

I like the matchup. Which team -- other than Iowa State -- would you rather be facing in this game? I suspect many willl say St Peter's but, honestly, I'd rather play ISU at this point. Either way, this is about as good a draw as we could have hoped for.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back