Miami ticket office sent me an email asking me to renew...

Mario wanted the job that is a fact. I love and respect this website and the community we have. I would never post anything like that if it wasn’t true. Mario contacted people wanting the job
Would have been a stupid hire to make at the time, and still might be.

How about hiring someone with at least a few years of success in FBS.

Advertisement
And this was my response... The whole fan base should boycott... how long will we be strung along by an incompetent administration?

I have some unfortunate news. I will not be attending any Miami sporting events until Blake James is fired as athletic director. My family has been supporting Miami since the 1970’s when tickets were free with a Burger King purchase. We have stood by this program through probation and everything in between but unfortunately the administration at Miami has willingly allowed our beloved team to fall by the wayside. This began with Donna Shalala and her agenda to destroy our football program. Do you think it’s a coincidence that when she took over in June of 2001 that our program started falling off a cliff? This sentiment is shared by the majority of fans and I would expect a steep decline in ticket sales until something is done. I refuse to give my earned money to an administration that has failed the fans and the players at every turn. Mario Cristobal wanted the job at Miami and what did Blake James do? Led a 48 hour search with zero though put into it and hired the easiest candidate NOT the best man for the job. We should be competing for national titles in football not losing to a 1-5 Georgia Tech team at home that lost to the citadel. Until Blake James and Jennifer Strawley are no longer employed by the University of Miami I cannot and will not give any money or buy any tickets. The problem starts with them. When will James by held accountable for the woeful performance of the flagship team? The majority of our fan base feels the same. I know you have nothing to do with any of this and I wish you the best as a person however I cannot in good faith continue to attend every home game, travel to multiple road games a year and every bowl game for the last 5 years and continue to be let down by Blake James and his incompetence. He has demonstrated none of the skills necessary to cultivate a winning program.This is not about being a fair weather fan because I can tell you I am far from that. This is about being deceived and let down by an administration that frankly doesn’t care and has allowed us to go from 5 titles in 20 years to the laughing stock of college football.
Please Please send this exact post to them in response to their request. They truly need to hear this and your stance.

Ironically, I was kicked off of two Canes blogs (IP permabans) in the past for the exact sentiments you just expressed and most specifically the take on Donna Shalala, the administration and the BOT, during the early years of Golden’s tenure. Good to see that it is now the common sentiment of most Canes fans now.

I was a Big Manny guy tho.

Great post!

Please Please send this exact post to them in response to their request. They truly need to hear this and your stance.

Ironically, I was kicked off of two Canes blogs (IP permabans) in the past for the exact sentiments you just expressed and most specifically the take on Donna Shalala, the administration and the BOT, during the early years of Golden’s tenure. Good to see that it is now the common sentiment of most Canes fans now.

I was a Big Manny guy tho.

Great post!
This is exactly what I sent to them literally copied and pasted the email

Advertisement
For those who want to voice your displeasure and let the UM sales dept of the AD know you will not be attending games until Flake and Strawley are fired, you can contact this guy he manages ticket sales and all the ticket operations departments. Just sent him an email with a similar message as OP.

Here's the link to his page and contact info. Turn the heat up on this catastrophe any which way you can, gentlemen.

And this was my response... The whole fan base should boycott... how long will we be strung along by an incompetent administration?

I have some unfortunate news. I will not be attending any Miami sporting events until Blake James is fired as athletic director. My family has been supporting Miami since the 1970’s when tickets were free with a Burger King purchase. We have stood by this program through probation and everything in between but unfortunately the administration at Miami has willingly allowed our beloved team to fall by the wayside. This began with Donna Shalala and her agenda to destroy our football program. Do you think it’s a coincidence that when she took over in June of 2001 that our program started falling off a cliff? This sentiment is shared by the majority of fans and I would expect a steep decline in ticket sales until something is done. I refuse to give my earned money to an administration that has failed the fans and the players at every turn. Mario Cristobal wanted the job at Miami and what did Blake James do? Led a 48 hour search with zero though put into it and hired the easiest candidate NOT the best man for the job. We should be competing for national titles in football not losing to a 1-5 Georgia Tech team at home that lost to the citadel. Until Blake James and Jennifer Strawley are no longer employed by the University of Miami I cannot and will not give any money or buy any tickets. The problem starts with them. When will James by held accountable for the woeful performance of the flagship team? The majority of our fan base feels the same. I know you have nothing to do with any of this and I wish you the best as a person however I cannot in good faith continue to attend every home game, travel to multiple road games a year and every bowl game for the last 5 years and continue to be let down by Blake James and his incompetence. He has demonstrated none of the skills necessary to cultivate a winning program.This is not about being a fair weather fan because I can tell you I am far from that. This is about being deceived and let down by an administration that frankly doesn’t care and has allowed us to go from 5 titles in 20 years to the laughing stock of college football.

If I could give you a game ball for that response, I wouldn't....

I'd give you four of them

Atta boy...

For those who want to voice your displeasure and let the UM sales dept of the AD know you will not be attending games until Flake and Strawley are fired, you can contact this guy he manages ticket sales and all the ticket operations departments. Just sent him an email with a similar message as OP.

Here's the link to his page and contact info. Turn the heat up on this catastrophe any which way you can, gentlemen.

Please email these people (or CC them).

rfain@rccl.com
stuart.miller@lennar.com
paul.dimare@dimarefresh.com
David.Epstein@c3connect.com
htsmith@fiu.edu or ht@htsmithpa.com
waynechaplin@southernwine.com
bassh@gtlaw.com
bamos@fuddruckerspgh.com

Advertisement
Tell the Ticket Office as long as Diaz-James-Strawley are there they can renew THIS ......

MoonOverScotland.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement

You know who read that, a minimum wage worker.

Im just kidding, even they didn’t read that.

When Miami wins out you will be back reading the spring camp hype lol. Why do y’all fool yourself lol

Mario Cristobal would probably have the same issues here. he is in a great situation at Oregon. they have the money and are fully behind the program. he will be very successful there. I don't believe Mario would be if he was hired instead of Manny.
Oregon is committed to winning. Mario should be very thankful.

Ok?

Advertisement
Back