Miami ticket office sent me an email asking me to renew...

Trescerocinco

Retired staff
Premium
And this was my response... The whole fan base should boycott... how long will we be strung along by an incompetent administration?

I have some unfortunate news. I will not be attending any Miami sporting events until Blake James is fired as athletic director. My family has been supporting Miami since the 1970’s when tickets were free with a Burger King purchase. We have stood by this program through probation and everything in between but unfortunately the administration at Miami has willingly allowed our beloved team to fall by the wayside. This began with Donna Shalala and her agenda to destroy our football program. Do you think it’s a coincidence that when she took over in June of 2001 that our program started falling off a cliff? This sentiment is shared by the majority of fans and I would expect a steep decline in ticket sales until something is done. I refuse to give my earned money to an administration that has failed the fans and the players at every turn. Mario Cristobal wanted the job at Miami and what did Blake James do? Led a 48 hour search with zero though put into it and hired the easiest candidate NOT the best man for the job. We should be competing for national titles in football not losing to a 1-5 Georgia Tech team at home that lost to the citadel. Until Blake James and Jennifer Strawley are no longer employed by the University of Miami I cannot and will not give any money or buy any tickets. The problem starts with them. When will James by held accountable for the woeful performance of the flagship team? The majority of our fan base feels the same. I know you have nothing to do with any of this and I wish you the best as a person however I cannot in good faith continue to attend every home game, travel to multiple road games a year and every bowl game for the last 5 years and continue to be let down by Blake James and his incompetence. He has demonstrated none of the skills necessary to cultivate a winning program.This is not about being a fair weather fan because I can tell you I am far from that. This is about being deceived and let down by an administration that frankly doesn’t care and has allowed us to go from 5 titles in 20 years to the laughing stock of college football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And this was my response... The whole fan base should boycott... how long will we be strung along by an incompetent administration?

I have some unfortunate news. I will not be attending any Miami sporting events until Blake James is fired as athletic director. My family has been supporting Miami since the 1970’s when tickets were free with a Burger King purchase. We have stood by this program through probation and everything in between but unfortunately the administration at Miami has willingly allowed our beloved team to fall by the wayside. This began with Donna Shalala and her agenda to destroy our football program. Do you think it’s a coincidence that when she took over in June of 2001 that our program started falling off a cliff? This sentiment is shared by the majority of fans and I would expect a steep decline in ticket sales until something is done. I refuse to give my earned money to an administration that has failed the fans and the players at every turn. Mario Cristobal wanted the job at Miami and what did Blake James do? Led a 48 hour search with zero though put into it and hired the easiest candidate NOT the best man for the job. We should be competing for national titles in football not losing to a 1-5 Georgia Tech team at home that lost to the citadel. Until Blake James and Jennifer Strawley are no longer employed by the University of Miami I cannot and will not give any money or buy any tickets. The problem starts with them. When will James by held accountable for the woeful performance of the flagship team? The majority of our fan base feels the same. I know you have nothing to do with any of this and I wish you the best as a person however I cannot in good faith continue to attend every home game, travel to multiple road games a year and every bowl game for the last 5 years and continue to be let down by Blake James and his incompetence. He has demonstrated none of the skills necessary to cultivate a winning program.This is not about being a fair weather fan because I can tell you I am far from that. This is about being deceived and let down by an administration that frankly doesn’t care and has allowed us to go from 5 titles in 20 years to the laughing stock of college football.
Only part I disagree with... the baseball team missed the CWS for the first time in 4 decades under his watch... TWICE! The basketball program has taken steps back too. Just about the entire athletic department is woeful at this point.

Edit - And he obviously named the hitting coach off of those failed baseball teams to be the manager, just in case one assistant off a failed staff was not enough.

Last edited:

Dude has some cujones! And has common sense too.

You’re my hero......for real!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I put a stop to my tickets also. Unfortunately for me they renewed without asking me because I was enrolled in the 12 month payment plan from the year before and they claim the tickets automatically renew. They also said no refunds will be given. I do have 2 seats and both are in different locations so I’m thinking of keeping one that is first row just in case these ******** decide to do right by the football program and start winning. But I like the OP will not be attending any games.

Advertisement
ill be there even if were 0-12. at this point, its school pride for me (like nw fans going to games)

Advertisement
Back