Miami throttles FAMU: Recap and Notes

View as article
Advertisement

Attachments

• 200.gif
    200.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
Stacy Coley had a mean Crack back block in the 2nd quarter the crowd went nuts there was also one during the Berrios punt return TD reminiscent of the Orange bowl! The stadium was amazing and the fans last night.

A three game suspension? WTF? That's beyond the pale for something a kid did prior to his enrollment.

Unless you know the facts, I wouldn't jump to your conclusion. The statement mentioned a violation of team rules. May have more legs than you think.. And are you saying you know more about team discipline that the staff does.???

Ryan Fines had one of the 15 tackles for loss last night. Just let that whole sentance sink in.

Advertisement
Stacy Coley had a mean Crack back block in the 2nd quarter the crowd went nuts there was also one during the Berrios punt return TD reminiscent of the Orange bowl! The stadium was amazing and the fans last night.

The one on the punt return was Ryan Mayes, if I saw the number correctly. It was spectacular and I was just hoping he wouldn't get an overreactive targeting call because the stadium replay showed some helmet to helmet contact. I was in the opposite end zone, so may be mistaken about the #.

Just want to say...I love Marquez Williams. Might be my new favorite Cane. Built like a brick house, can run, and he makes every block. He's fun to watch.

Lots of defensive closing speed & gang tackling. The LBs were 4-5 yards of the DL. Finally see glimpses of a Canes D

Advertisement
What I want to know from the people who were there is how LOUD was it compared to the same size crowd pre-roof?

Also, I found it interesting that Shirreffs came in as 3rd string. I think he was the guy the coaching staff wanted to step up to take the #2 spot, but had some issues.

very loud, the canopy creates an echo with the sound

Jaquan Johnson is the one who jumped off the screen to me, kid is a playmaker.

Watching that D brought a tear to my eye, that is what a Miami D is supposed to look like. I know it was FAMU but **** it was great to see the aggression

Yes it was Mayes but the electricity in the stadium after that hit was amazing

The one on the punt return was Ryan Mayes, if I saw the number correctly. It was spectacular and I was just hoping he wouldn't get an overreactive targeting call because the stadium replay showed some helmet to helmet contact. I was in the opposite end zone, so may be mistaken about the #.

A three game suspension? WTF? That's beyond the pale for something a kid did prior to his enrollment.

Unless you know the facts, I wouldn't jump to your conclusion. The statement mentioned a violation of team rules. May have more legs than you think.. And are you saying you know more about team discipline that the staff does.???

Miami Hurricanes suspend recruit Sam Bruce | Miami Herald

He was suspended for a quarter of the season for a photo he put on social media while in high school when he was a minor. He was not charged with a crime. So, yes, I think it's overkill. I also think that suspending kids for a mistake made in high school is a very slippery slope. Wonder if he even gets a single game suspension if the kid doesn't report it to police and the press doesn't pick up on it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back