Miami throttles FAMU: Recap and Notes

Great game! Great Atmosphere! Great Win! I loved every second of it. I know it was just FAMU but the feeling I got from the players and staff was that this thing is going to be special this year. An what a turnout by the UM faithful!

IMG_0925.jpg
IMG_0924.jpg
IMG_0928.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
What I want to know from the people who were there is how LOUD was it compared to the same size crowd pre-roof?

Also, I found it interesting that Shirreffs came in as 3rd string. I think he was the guy the coaching staff wanted to step up to take the #2 spot, but had some issues.

Much, much louder. Huge difference.

What I want to know from the people who were there is how LOUD was it compared to the same size crowd pre-roof?

Also, I found it interesting that Shirreffs came in as 3rd string. I think he was the guy the coaching staff wanted to step up to take the #2 spot, but had some issues.

Much, much louder. Huge difference.

Thanks! It sure sounded lively, the best I could tell online. I bet it'll be insane when FSU comes to town.

Advertisement
A three game suspension? WTF? That's beyond the pale for something a kid did prior to his enrollment.

Well I was in section 356 and had to scream at the top of my lungs for my brother sitting right next to me to hear me and that wasn't during the loudest parts of the game. So come FSU and other big games, the stadium will be rockin

Two questions Mr. Brow:

1. Is Jenkins seriously hurt?

2. Why were these players still in the game?

Jenkins is a 3rd string DT. With Willis, Moten, and Martin out, who exactly was supposed to be in if not him?

This

It was answered already. You play anyone, the game is ***ing over. It doesn't matter. Were you concerned about losing the game at that point?

:monkey-serious:

Advertisement
Two questions Mr. Brow:

Jenkins is a 3rd string DT. With Willis, Moten, and Martin out, who exactly was supposed to be in if not him?

He was second string. You play anyone. He doesn't have to play DT even. Play a ***ing cone.

Not for nothing, since Norton was on the field the last snap of the game, I don't think you get it.

My guess is they want these guys to get as many reps as they can with the new systems before the middle of the season (which features a brutal 5 game stretch).

And the fact that we don't have any depth. Sometimes putting awful walkons in at positions like DT or OL can run the risk of getting other players badly injured - just sayin.

-We actually tried to block kicks and got one. That's when I knew we are in the hands of coaches who understand the Miami way.

-Walton, Richards and JJ are going to be stars.

-That stadium is amazing and it will be louder than the OB when FSU comes to town. Hope our ****** fanbase shows up for the non-FSU games because the guys clearly play with more emotion and focus in front of a loud crowd.

-Someone really needs to take control of the music programming. Jesus was it awful. The top 40 techno has no place at a UM game. And they were playing *** *** promotional videos when we were kicking off after scores, which is just absurd.

A three game suspension? WTF? That's beyond the pale for something a kid did prior to his enrollment.

Agree, bjut I don't mind it for a couple reason

1) you set the tone early with the kid that bullsh!t won't be put up with. We saw how AQM handled his social media accounts and look where he is.

2) it's bullsh!t games.

Advertisement
-We actually tried to block kicks and got one. That's when I knew we are in the hands of coaches who understand the Miami way.

-Walton, Richards and JJ are going to be stars.

-That stadium is amazing and it will be louder than the OB when FSU comes to town. Hope our ****ty fanbase shows up for the non-FSU games because the guys clearly play with more emotion and focus in front of a loud crowd.

-Someone really needs to take control of the music programming. Jesus was it awful. The top 40 techno has no place at a UM game. And they were playing *** *** promotional videos when we were kicking off after scores, which is just absurd.

Um students don't even go to games, so I'm not sure who they are appealing to with that ****ty music anyways. Richt will fix it.

Rock and Hip Hop.

Two questions Mr. Brow:

He was second string. You play anyone. He doesn't have to play DT even. Play a ***ing cone.

Not for nothing, since Norton was on the field the last snap of the game, I don't think you get it.

My guess is they want these guys to get as many reps as they can with the new systems before the middle of the season (which features a brutal 5 game stretch).

And the fact that we don't have any depth. Sometimes putting awful walkons in at positions like DT or OL can run the risk of getting other players badly injured - just sayin.

So risk a player you need? We have two more sub-par opponents before ACC play, there is time.

Side note: I thought it was a known thing to play your backups and walk-ons in a major blow out. I also thought it was known what walk-ons do in practice.

Advertisement
To me, it seemed like Gordinier's ailment came on kickoff coverage. Two FAMU guys ganged up on him and banged him around. I noticed he sorta jogged to the sideline with a bit of a limp or hitch in his step. Later on, they tried the same thing with Herndon (if I saw the number correctly). Didn't quite work out for them. Gordinier needs more time in the weight room.

/yes, I notice odd, seemingly irrelevant stuff happening on the field

To me, it seemed like Gordinier's ailment came on kickoff coverage. Two FAMU guys ganged up on him and banged him around. I noticed he sorta jogged to the sideline with a bit of a limp or hitch in his step. Later on, they tried the same thing with Herndon (if I saw the number correctly). Didn't quite work out for them. Gordinier needs more time in the weight room.

/yes, I notice odd, seemingly irrelevant stuff happening on the field

It was the opening kickoff. He got punked.

I have never seen him play but the whole time he was in he didnt seem right

Advertisement
Back