MIAMI-SYRACUSE INJURY REPORT

Advertisement
Delaney hurts.. I'm sure he wanted to play too.. a chance to lock up with nation #1 wr doesn't come too often..

It’s more important to have him for the VT and ND games...both have players at WR. Don’t mind him missing SU.

Syracuse is a much more dangerous team through the air than ND and maybe even VT, really could have used an experienced guy like that this weekend.

You realize Ishmael is their only real receiving threat? And the other is Ravian Pierce? The other receivers aren’t anything special and VT and ND have other passing threats to be worried about when we’ll need Dee to play...I swear some of you guys look at these stats and think it’s a bonafide case that an offense is better than that team because they’re ranked higher. These guys put up 23, 26, 25, and 27 vs Middle Tennessee, LSU, NC State, and Pitt...our D is better than all of these schools. Yes their offense is good but stop hyping it up when they beat a hobbled Clemson team at home.

I watched the entire SU v Clemson game and they moved the ball very well against a defense that is better than ours. So you're right, no reason to concern ourselves with this team.

Was Clemson sending a lot of blitzes? Thought I read Dungeys numbers were much better vs blitz

Advertisement
correct me if I'm wrong, but we still haven't received full word on what the extent of Delaney's injury is since that erronious gameday segment, right?

It’s more important to have him for the VT and ND games...both have players at WR. Don’t mind him missing SU.

Syracuse is a much more dangerous team through the air than ND and maybe even VT, really could have used an experienced guy like that this weekend.

You realize Ishmael is their only real receiving threat? And the other is Ravian Pierce? The other receivers aren’t anything special and VT and ND have other passing threats to be worried about when we’ll need Dee to play...I swear some of you guys look at these stats and think it’s a bonafide case that an offense is better than that team because they’re ranked higher. These guys put up 23, 26, 25, and 27 vs Middle Tennessee, LSU, NC State, and Pitt...our D is better than all of these schools. Yes their offense is good but stop hyping it up when they beat a hobbled Clemson team at home.

I watched the entire SU v Clemson game and they moved the ball very well against a defense that is better than ours. So you're right, no reason to concern ourselves with this team.

Was Clemson sending a lot of blitzes? Thought I read Dungeys numbers were much better vs blitz

I don't recall them blitzing a ton, QB does a good job of getting rid of the ball fairly quickly and he will pull it down and run as well. I was very surprised by the success they had. Their two receivers are no joke and were frankly unlucky not to score more. This offense will definitely challenge our D, you'd love to be completely healthy for this one, particularly since they play so fast.

Advertisement
Syracuse might have the worst DL in the ACC.

If Donaldson isn't 100%, I'd dress him but keep him out unless Mahoney/Gaynor are really struggling

Syracuse might have the worst DL in the ACC.

If Donaldson isn't 100%, I'd dress him but keep him out unless Mahoney/Gaynor are really struggling

Admittedly, I just watched the Clemson-Syracuse highlight reel, but their DTs looked athletic and quick (especially when taking Bryant out of the game).

richards is back, they will be playing off him. that bubble screen to berrios with richards on the outside will be good for 8 yards all day. once they adjust and come up, we'll have richards or berrios open deep.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, I know.

How effective is Pinckney gonna be since he was supposed to be out for the season with a torn pec & broken collarbone?

Question on Njoku: Is is possible to use a medical redshirt if you are injured in practice during a season you are already redshirting? If he's looking at a 12 month recovery, he'll likely miss next season too, or at least not be a significant contributor to next season. Wonder if he can medical redshirt this season, redshirt next season and retain 4 years of eligibility.

No. All redshirts are medical redshirts. You can't just redshirt a player because he isn't ready to contribute or you don't need him. There has to be an "injury" that prevents the player from playing a certain percentage of games.

Advertisement
Back