Miami Spring Game updates.

You have no idea what happens. I think Williams is farther along already than Perry. Williams is a true freshman (meaning he has 5 years including a red-shirt left). Perry's a RS FR (meaning he has 4 years left). If Perry were to start over Williams the latter could start later for a year or two (if Perry were to hypothetically leave early for whatever reason). If Williams were to start over Perry, it's highly unlikely Perry would ever be the starter than. You stated the former, I'm saying that's false.

Read my post a little slower and actually comprehend it. I can't have a reasonable discussion with someone who clearly doesn't understand what I am saying.

Advertisement
LOL at the sorry agendas in here.

Here’s a Legend Tip for you fellas: Just because Rosier is bad doesn’t mean Perry is good.

The entire fan base was screaming for Crudup when Berlin was destroying us his junior year. Well, we got our wish finally, and Crudup was significantly worse than a horrible Berlin.

We rightfully cram fecal matter down Rosier’s throat for his inaccuracy. Then, when Perry is a 40% passer in 5 straight noncontact scrimmages with more picks than TDs, we call him “dynamic” whatever the fck that means. LOL at that dumb ****.

Perry takes off running because he panics and doesn’t know how to go through progressions. He rarely ran in HS because he’d just chuck moonballs to his first read, who was usually open.

Unless he improves dramatically over the summer, Perry is the Crudup to Rosier’s junior year Berlin.

For those of us who want someone to legit beat out Rosier and legit be a better more effective QB, and not just a guy who “looks more dynamic” while completing 40% of his passes, Williams is our best hope right now. I have confidence that Williams will live and breathe football for the next few months and come into the fall as a real option.

He’s flashing already while Perry is still doing what he did when he got here a year ago.
Only part im gonna comment on chise(and u know im on board with jarren)is i greatly disagree with hes running out of panic or that he doesnt know how to break down his reads. Only speaking on yesterday he had 4 or 5 drops. His interception while overthrown on a bomb down the sideline to jt4 on that play i was hot at thomas cause he literally had zero fight in him. All that spead and he basically just let gilbert muscle him & gilbert had to lay out & make a nice play to pick that off. I left there yesterday encouraged about the future be it with nkosi or jarren & also a tad bit optimistic on robert burns actually staying healthy and contributing. Although maliks play wasnt anything to write home about he didnt do anything to hurt us yesterday either. It was very blah. The typical offense we run for malik. Thats not what were running for the other two. Dayal is getting passed up clear as day by just about everyone. He had a horrible day. Gerald is really looking like a man child on that dl & jj,garvin,patchan & rosseau are all what we expect at this point. Patchan healthy will finally show even a skinny(not too skinny)white kid can get off.

Man that doesn’t look good at all. Someone tell me this wasn’t as bad in person as these numbers say. We’re not going to win many games when we can’t get a single tailback over 30 yards. Only Homer can crack 3 yards per carry?
It was that bad. Defense dominated line of scrimmage.

You have no idea what happens. I think Williams is farther along already than Perry. Williams is a true freshman (meaning he has 5 years including a red-shirt left). Perry's a RS FR (meaning he has 4 years left). If Perry were to start over Williams the latter could start later for a year or two (if Perry were to hypothetically leave early for whatever reason). If Williams were to start over Perry, it's highly unlikely Perry would ever be the starter than. You stated the former, I'm saying that's false.

Not sure what you are reading in 9oh4's posts. He clearly feels, as do I that WIlliams has the potential to be the QB sometime this season, and is the future, not Perry. I also agree with him that it would be a colossal mistake to play rotating QB's, Rosier to Perry to Williams and back, and I don't think Richt will do it either. If WIlliams continues to develop as he has done in the past few months, you have to ride with the future, and it does not appear to be Perry or Weldon. Just hope one sticks as a backup.

Not sure what you are reading in 9oh4's posts. He clearly feels, as do I that WIlliams has the potential to be the QB sometime this season, and is the future, not Perry. I also agree with him that it would be a colossal mistake to play rotating QB's, Rosier to Perry to Williams and back, and I don't think Richt will do it either. If WIlliams continues to develop as he has done in the past few months, you have to ride with the future, and it does not appear to be Perry or Weldon. Just hope one sticks as a backup.

I also don't agree with having a QB carousel. But he stated that if Perry starts this year, that Williams would never be the starter here. That's absolutely false.

Advertisement
This thread is basically CNN vs Fox news. You have the truth in the middle with each news network slanting the discussion their way.

Fall will be interesting and when a QB is named, I hope we all support him. Fat chance of that happening, but it'll be Rosier for LSU which should cause a ****storm here.

Awful comparison. Fox's lunacy contradicts the entire mainstream media (and rational human thought).

Read my post a little slower and actually comprehend it. I can't have a reasonable discussion with someone who clearly doesn't understand what I am saying.

I've read your post. You're assuming that if Richt rides with Perry (I doubt it, I think it comes down to Rosier vs Williams anyway), that he wouldn't go away from Perry in the future. I could see a scenario though where Williams red-shirts this upcoming year. If Williams were to blow Perry out of the water next Spring then it could be a scenario where Perry's the starter for this year than Williams the next.

It was that bad. Defense dominated line of scrimmage.
I mean, you kinda expect that in the spring, but also with the talent we have, I would have liked to hear that somebody busted one and at least flashed.

The game starts in the trenches, and I don't want anyone to be able to run the ball on us, but we have some real talent back there and...nothing?

I've read your post. You're assuming that if Richt rides with Perry (I doubt it, I think it comes down to Rosier vs Williams anyway), that he wouldn't go away from Perry in the future. I could see a scenario though where Williams red-shirts this upcoming year. If Williams were to blow Perry out of the water next Spring then it could be a scenario where Perry's the starter for this year than Williams the next.

Yes, and I am saying that is not a good look for QB recruiting or for Richt; and, therefore, is not Richt's style. QB is a position of leadership, not a drama filled battle each year. In a perfect world, the best man wins the job each year no matter the circumstances, but the QB position is unique as it seemingly represents the program moreso than any other position.

Advertisement

Here’s a Legend Tip for you fellas: Just because Rosier is bad doesn’t mean Perry is good.

The entire fan base was screaming for Crudup when Berlin was destroying us his junior year. Well, we got our wish finally, and Crudup was significantly worse than a horrible Berlin.

We rightfully cram fecal matter down Rosier’s throat for his inaccuracy. Then, when Perry is a 40% passer in 5 straight noncontact scrimmages with more picks than TDs, we call him “dynamic” whatever the fck that means. LOL at that dumb ****.

Perry takes off running because he panics and doesn’t know how to go through progressions. He rarely ran in HS because he’d just chuck moonballs to his first read, who was usually open.

Unless he improves dramatically over the summer, Perry is the Crudup to Rosier’s junior year Berlin.

For those of us who want someone to legit beat out Rosier and legit be a better more effective QB, and not just a guy who “looks more dynamic” while completing 40% of his passes, Williams is our best hope right now. I have confidence that Williams will live and breathe football for the next few months and come into the fall as a real option.

He’s flashing already while Perry is still doing what he did when he got here a year ago.

THIS **** IS MONEY!

Awful comparison. Fox's lunacy contradicts the entire mainstream media (and rational human thought).
I have to be careful not to anger the politics police here, but there is no news media in America. The news is supposed to be unbiased arbiters of information, but everybody has an agenda today. Too many "unnamed sources" and "those familiar with the events" serve as cover for "journalists" to editorialize their own opinions into what is disguised as a news report. They are all guilty of it. It's hard work knowing what really goes on, and this is being done on purpose. All you can do is read as much as you can, especially from sources that are likely to challenge what you want to be true. Only after being armed with all points of view can you even to begin to decide what is true or logical or even flows with common sense. Dismissing Fox News out of hand just because it's Fox is just as dangerous as dismissing CNN out of hand because it's CNN.

I'll give one example of what I'm talking about, and that's it. This is a sports forum after all.

Last Wednesday night when CNN was running a story on Stormy Daniels and whether she has any information regarding Trump/Russia collusion, Russia State Media was telling citizens to stock up on flour and rice and be ready to bring it to their nearest fallout shelter in case of nuclear war with the United States. Neither of these should be dismissed if you're really trying to get to the bottom of what's going on.

I don't think completion % tells the story of this scrimmage. I don't know who converted more 3rd downs but seemed that kosi was able to keep drives alive. Also yardage was way in kosi favor.

Rosier 105 passing- 4 sacks and -24 yards lost = 81 yards. 0 TD's 0 ints
Nkosi 166 passing- 1 sack and 45 yards rushing = 211 yards. 1 TD 1 int
JW - Looks like he can push all QB's for the start

It's a proccess that will go through Fall but looks to me we have a good QB battle going on...that's a good thing.

I have to be careful not to anger the politics police here, but there is no news media in America. The news is supposed to be unbiased arbiters of information, but everybody has an agenda today. Too many "unnamed sources" and "those familiar with the events" serve as cover for "journalists" to editorialize their own opinions into what is disguised as a news report. They are all guilty of it. It's hard work knowing what really goes on, and this is being done on purpose. All you can do is read as much as you can, especially from sources that are likely to challenge what you want to be true. Only after being armed with all points of view can you even to begin to decide what is true or logical or even flows with common sense. Dismissing Fox News out of hand just because it's Fox is just as dangerous as dismissing CNN out of hand because it's CNN.

I'll give one example of what I'm talking about, and that's it. This is a sports forum after all.

Last Wednesday night when CNN was running a story on Stormy Daniels and whether she has any information regarding Trump/Russia collusion, Russia State Media was telling citizens to stock up on flour and rice and be ready to bring it to their nearest fallout shelter in case of nuclear war with the United States. Neither of these should be dismissed if you're really trying to get to the bottom of what's going on.
Is ... Is this for real right here?

Advertisement
I was never as infatuated with Perry as a lot of guys were.In watching a lot of his lighlight films it looked to me like he threw a lot of balls up for grabs and his receivers did great jobs of coming down with them or he was throwing to guys that were running 20 yds wide open.Never saw him having to fit throws to covered WR’s .I never saw him play live so those clips were all I had to go on .
Here we are a year later and the supposed savior of our program seemingly can’t beat out a QB we all deem as second rate.
Williams seems to be the future and once he is named the starter Perry probably ends up transferring because next year MJJ looks like he shows up on campus and he looks to be the goods.Of course everyone thought Perry was the goods too.
I’ve resigned myself to the fact that we may be in for another year of Rosier if Williams can’t progress quick enough cause it looks like Perry may be a HS star that never amounts to a college QB.At least not here.
I’m really hoping Williams can grab the reins in the fall.For us to be a playoff threat I think he needs to be the QB.But if I had to guess Malik will be the starter in Jerry’s World cause I don’t think CMR would put an unproven Williams back there no matter how much he improves in the fall.If Malik wins that game will CMR make the change then?Does he pull Malik after a win?Doubt it.
So it looks like for Williams to be the starter we will have to lose somewhere along the way where Rosier was the reason we lost.Other than that I think Rosier is the starter this year.

Let the downvotes begin.

Advertisement
I came away from yesterday feeling much better about the qb position than I thought I would After the spring game. Stats don’t tell the whole story in terms of Perry performance imo. He did well as did Williams(very impressed). Even malik didn’t do too bad or too good but I think He needs to get the ball out sooner

Only part im gonna comment on chise(and u know im on board with jarren)is i greatly disagree with hes running out of panic or that he doesnt know how to break down his reads. Only speaking on yesterday he had 4 or 5 drops. His interception while overthrown on a bomb down the sideline to jt4 on that play i was hot at thomas cause he literally had zero fight in him. All that spead and he basically just let gilbert muscle him & gilbert had to lay out & make a nice play to pick that off. I left there yesterday encouraged about the future be it with nkosi or jarren & also a tad bit optimistic on robert burns actually staying healthy and contributing. Although maliks play wasnt anything to write home about he didnt do anything to hurt us yesterday either. It was very blah. The typical offense we run for malik. Thats not what were running for the other two. Dayal is getting passed up clear as day by just about everyone. He had a horrible day. Gerald is really looking like a man child on that dl & jj,garvin,patchan & rosseau are all what we expect at this point. Patchan healthy will finally show even a skinny(not too skinny)white kid can get off.

You should've talked about how The Flatulence wasn't even there yesterday. Guy is such a cornball troll that it isn't even funny.

Thomas doesn't, or hasn't at least this this point, shown any fight for the ball since he's been here. If he isn't wide open, I always assume the defensive player will make the play rather than him. I'm not down on him and he adds an element we need, but maybe I just expect more.

You may be right about Perry in the long run. He’s looked that way more than once on a few plays I’ve seen. But I’ve seen scant few, so it’s hard to judge.

With the little information I have, other than yesterday’s scrimmage, there’s no doubt that if there was a game in the next couple of weeks, Rosier would be the starter, and that’s not even up for debate. Like it or not.

Of course, there are almost five months until I’m in Arlington for the opener, and I’m keeping an open mind. The coaches are keeping Perry as number 2 right now, so I’ll have to take them at their assessment, even though I’m impressed with Williams as a true freshman. I have a sense he’s a student of the game more in line with someone like a Kaaya, who did start as a June enrolling true freshmans.

So.....I think ANYTHING could happen in the next five months. Rosier's ahead right now, Perry might settle down, the light might come on, Williams could come on like gangbusters, or Rosier might incrementally improve enough to keep the job. Who knows.

I do expect there to be a real competition. Let’s see who wants it.

Rosier has some talent but doesn’t have the work ethic and desire. That much was confirmed during the Pitt game.

Nkosi doesn’t seem to be prepared either. Horrible inaccuracy and panic scream “unprepared” when you’ve got obvious talent.

Williams, like many of us hoped and thought, appears to be a student of the game, not unlike Kaaya when he first got here.

Rosier may ultimately win out because of his experience but Jarren Williams came to play and he will supplant Rosier at some point this year. He just won’t be denied IMO.

Disclaimer: completely uninformed Wild *** guess

Advertisement
Back