Miami Spring Game updates.

Perry's a RS FR, Williams is a true freshman. The bolded makes absolutely zero sense.

Richt benched Rosier briefly last year for Evan Sherieffs. If Malik can't handle being benched again, then start working so it doesn't happen again.
Alright, I'm a little hungover, but I think he does make sense if Perry starts and Williams doesn't shirt. It's a good "problem" to have, albeit a problem, if we've got two starting caliber QBs with the same eligibility.

Advertisement
Perry 8 carries for 45 yards
*Travis Homer 7 for 29, 1 fumble (recovered fumble)
Robert Burns 5 for 14
Lorenzo Lingard 6 for 12
Williams 3 for 11
*DeeJay Dallas 4 for 2
Rosier 6 for minus-24
Man that doesn’t look good at all. Someone tell me this wasn’t as bad in person as these numbers say. We’re not going to win many games when we can’t get a single tailback over 30 yards. Only Homer can crack 3 yards per carry?

If Williams were to win the job and keep it as a true frosh, what would you do if you were Perry? Think that might influence CMR decision in formulating depth chart?

If Williams were to win the job and keep it as a true frosh, what would you do if you were Perry? Think that might influence CMR decision in formulating depth chart?

That's out of anyone's control H. Its on him Perry to do what's best for him.

Its not like he wasn't given every opportunity to unseat Rosier..

I like Perry. I think he has a high upside and can help us immensely if he ever gets it together because we certainly need an upgrade of that position over last year's QB performance... but its on him to win the job.

IMO he 'd come back next year and try to win the job from Williams, if he sees that he's still behind Williams by summer/fall practices next year he could transfer or stay on whichever is best for him.

Its on him because I truly believe CMR will start whoever is best and gives us the best chance of winning....WHOEVER THAT IS

Advertisement

Are you saying Richt's worried about a guy who can't crack the 2 deep? I highly doubt it. I think Richt is going with the best guy for the job. Period. If Perry gets the #3 spot and bolts, more power to him. 2019 class has another reason for a top flight QB.

I really hope Jaren WIlliams does NOT get a red shirt this year. If someone is all world, they seem to bolt after 3 years of play time anyway, so redshirts seem pointless to me.

Cade Weldon is on transfer watch, IMO. I don't think our OL can accommodate a QB who is pure pocket.

LOL at the sorry agendas in here.

Here’s a Legend Tip for you fellas: Just because Rosier is bad doesn’t mean Perry is good.

The entire fan base was screaming for Crudup when Berlin was destroying us his junior year. Well, we got our wish finally, and Crudup was significantly worse than a horrible Berlin.

We rightfully cram fecal matter down Rosier’s throat for his inaccuracy. Then, when Perry is a 40% passer in 5 straight noncontact scrimmages with more picks than TDs, we call him “dynamic” whatever the fck that means. LOL at that dumb ****.

Perry takes off running because he panics and doesn’t know how to go through progressions. He rarely ran in HS because he’d just chuck moonballs to his first read, who was usually open.

Unless he improves dramatically over the summer, Perry is the Crudup to Rosier’s junior year Berlin.

For those of us who want someone to legit beat out Rosier and legit be a better more effective QB, and not just a guy who “looks more dynamic” while completing 40% of his passes, Williams is our best hope right now. I have confidence that Williams will live and breathe football for the next few months and come into the fall as a real option.

He’s flashing already while Perry is still doing what he did when he got here a year ago.

If you step away from all agendas and didn’t know who the qbs were most would say Williams is the better qb prospect.

From accuracy , progressions , mechanics and just the look of a qb. I can’t get over he’s a ee and already improving at a high rate.

Him being a football junkie is what separates him from the other guys, he supposedly eats , sleeps, lives football.

I was always leaning Perry but Williams is actually the safer bet imo going forward. Perry seems very raw still and looks to run too much. His arm talent and the occasional nfl throw makes a drool.

But Williams needs a lot more reps and snaps going forward.

Last edited:
Man that doesn’t look good at all. Someone tell me this wasn’t as bad in person as these numbers say. We’re not going to win many games when we can’t get a single tailback over 30 yards. Only Homer can crack 3 yards per carry?

I'm always REALLY concerned when RBs shine in a Spring Game. Usually means that the DL is suspect. This stat line is pretty much what I expected, given a "work in progress" OL, a talented D, and the inherent nature of Spring Ball.

Advertisement
Depends on what perry wants to do ... If he were to get jumped on the depth chart he can definitely stay and should stay to improve but it looks like his potential is through the roof

I'm always REALLY concerned when RBs shine in a Spring Game. Usually means that the DL is suspect. This stat line is pretty much what I expected, given a "work in progress" OL, a talented D, and the inherent nature of Spring Ball.
putting an o line together is not like putting a bball team together for a Rec game you need time to gel, the talent is there but if the dline is porous it's going to be a long season ..

LOL at the sorry agendas in here.

Here’s a Legend Tip for you fellas: Just because Rosier is bad doesn’t mean Perry is good.

The entire fan base was screaming for Crudup when Berlin was destroying us his junior year. Well, we got our wish finally, and Crudup was significantly worse than a horrible Berlin.

We rightfully cram fecal matter down Rosier’s throat for his inaccuracy. Then, when Perry is a 40% passer in 5 straight noncontact scrimmages with more picks than TDs, we call him “dynamic” whatever the fck that means. LOL at that dumb ****.

Perry takes off running because he panics and doesn’t know how to go through progressions. He rarely ran in HS because he’d just chuck moonballs to his first read, who was usually open.

Unless he improves dramatically over the summer, Perry is the Crudup to Rosier’s junior year Berlin.

For those of us who want someone to legit beat out Rosier and legit be a better more effective QB, and not just a guy who “looks more dynamic” while completing 40% of his passes, Williams is our best hope right now. I have confidence that Williams will live and breathe football for the next few months and come into the fall as a real option.

He’s flashing already while Perry is still doing what he did when he got here a year ago.

Why did you bring up that Tennessee game?

Why???

Perry's a RS FR, Williams is a true freshman. The bolded makes absolutely zero sense.

Richt benched Rosier briefly last year for Evan Sherieffs. If Malik can't handle being benched again, then start working so it doesn't happen again.

So Richts gonna bench Rosier for Perry and then bench Perry for Williams eventually? I don't see that happening. I think once Richt makes a call with either Perry or Williams he will be sticking with it for good. With how well Williams is developing and will continue to develop, I can't see him starting Perry and riding with him for 3-4 years while Williams sits the bench. I think Richt knows Williams will be the guy after Rosier. Just my opinion

Advertisement
You start the best guy and don't give a crap what the backups do.

So Richts gonna bench Rosier for Perry and then bench Perry for Williams eventually? I don't see that happening. I think once Richt makes a call with either Perry or Williams he will be sticking with it for good. With how well Williams is developing and will continue to develop, I can't see him starting Perry and riding with him for 3-4 years while Williams sits the bench. I think Richt knows Williams will be the guy after Rosier. Just my opinion

yeah, I agree with this. I have always thought Richt knew Williams would be the guy. I guess I just always wonder where these guys would transfer to - this year no one is going anywhere unless Richt makes the call soon. If it goes through the summer camp, which I believe it will, everyone is here this year. And that may be the best thing that could happen.

I think and hope that the "Rosier on a short-lease theory" is correct. We need to win the LSU game.

I was not at the game yesterday but I followed the action via an online play by play and I tried listening to the radio. I got the definite impression that Perry got every opportunity to show growth - he got a lot of reps and was given a couple of reps with the 1s. I wish Williams had gotten a shot with the 1s, especially after he showed what he could do with the 2s. It couldn't have been any worse than the other two.

If either of the freshmen are going to continue to grow, they have to get more experience with the best defense. Williams has benefitted from Weldon's absence in drills because he at least gets to throw to players instead of the equipment manager.

Just my opinion, too. But optimistic!!!

Advertisement
This thread is basically CNN vs Fox news. You have the truth in the middle with each news network slanting the discussion their way.

Fall will be interesting and when a QB is named, I hope we all support him. Fat chance of that happening, but it'll be Rosier for LSU which should cause a ****storm here.

You have no idea what happens. I think Williams is farther along already than Perry. Williams is a true freshman (meaning he has 5 years including a red-shirt left). Perry's a RS FR (meaning he has 4 years left). If Perry were to start over Williams the latter could start later for a year or two (if Perry were to hypothetically leave early for whatever reason). If Williams were to start over Perry, it's highly unlikely Perry would ever be the starter than. You stated the former, I'm saying that's false.

Alright, I'm a little hungover, but I think he does make sense if Perry starts and Williams doesn't shirt. It's a good "problem" to have, albeit a problem, if we've got two starting caliber QBs with the same eligibility.

If Perry starts, then you preserve Williams' red-shirt. Also, I see Williams eventually overtaking Perry since Williams has only been on campus for 4 months.

Advertisement
Back