Miami Recruiting 101

Advertisement
Richt knows what it takes to compete at the highest level. He ain't taking marginal players like the previous staff did.

Where did you see this quote? Love it, would just like to read the article if possible.

How come Miami doesn't just field defenses from a talented school with great defenses like we're doing with STA? We might literally field their entire starting senior class on defense and I'm okay with that. STA usually has great talent because kids from other schools transfer there to play big time ball. We'd be making a great pipeline to talent rich HS as well.

meh I guess that just lazy recruiting.

Advertisement
How come Miami doesn't just field defenses from a talented school with great defenses like we're doing with STA? We might literally field their entire starting senior class on defense and I'm okay with that. STA usually has great talent because kids from other schools transfer there to play big time ball. We'd be making a great pipeline to talent rich HS as well.

See Shannon, Randy.

Advertisement
I disagree. As much as I hate Golden, I think he did a better job recruiting under the circumstances. Randy just had no interest in "the game" as far as recruiting goes and it showed on the field.

If you were going to say great defense, you should've used Carol City as an example lol

I disagree. As much as I hate Golden, I think he did a better job recruiting under the circumstances. Randy just had no interest in "the game" as far as recruiting goes and it showed on the field.
That man held petty high school grudges. Refused to recruit Central and that's how Freeman ended up at FSU.

Advertisement

meh. Maybe your right. Maybe it just looked like that because of scheme. I just remember looking decent Golden's first year. The OL and QB situation Golden left us was still trash though. Richt OL can't develop fast enough.

RS left Golden with better RB, OL, WRs,
Golden left Richt with just a QB, DBs, and a DL (we didn't even know was good unless the defense was switched to a 4-3 1 gap)

RB I can see - Lamar Miller and Mike James trump Walton and Yearby.

meh. Maybe your right. Maybe it just looked like that because of scheme. I just remember looking decent Golden's first year his first year. The OL and QB situation Golden left us was still trash though. Richt OL can't develop fast enough.

Golden left Richt with a very good "on paper" QB in Kaaya but I can see your point, esp. about OL as well. We're finally starting to get there, we just need a real lynchpin LT.

Advertisement

Yet Randy had T. Bridgewater committed to the U who immediately left after his firing and, along with UM coaches, bolted to UofL. That one player would have changed UM’s win column considerably.[/QUOTE]

"Does this player help us beat Clemson?" Matt Doherty says.

"If the answer to the question is `no'," Doherty continues. "Move on."

We comin.
Clemson whole DL is first round talent, **** is scary good. That OL has to be ready

Advertisement
Back