Miami Recruiting 101

I'm just looking at it based on what RS left Golden and what Golden left Richt.

RS left a better team then what Golden left Richt with.
U smokin that good ****, Randy could not recruit at all and his evals were horrible, he gets pumped up because of his first class the best player on that MNW team went somewhere else............Who even cares at this point both those dudes sucked and Coker sucked too. AG did things better than Randy and Randy did some things better than AG. I think the team was left better with AG when MR got here compared to what RS left cheeseburger.

Advertisement
Yet Randy had T. Bridgewater committed to the U who immediately left after his firing and, along with UM coaches, bolted to UofL. That one player would have changed UM’s win column considerably.
[/QUOTE]

Teddy said he wanted to play for a black coach.

Teddy said he wanted to play for a black coach.[/QUOTE]

Coker sucked and Golden sucked. Randy I am 50/50 on. He didn't have the budget or resources, and that is all Shalala. Notice how she leaves, and we do a complete 180 immediately?

Yet Randy had T. Bridgewater committed to the U who immediately left after his firing and, along with UM coaches, bolted to UofL. That one player would have changed UM’s win column considerably.
Too much of a "what if" situation but I see your point, specially given what Bridgewater did in college. However, who knows if he would've developed the same way at the U as he did at UoL; the Golden staff truly sucked.

Teddy said he wanted to play for a black coach.

Coker sucked and Golden sucked. Randy I am 50/50 on. He didn't have the budget or resources, and that is all Shalala. Notice how she leaves, and we do a complete 180 immediately?[/QUOTE]

I dont know how you could be 50/50 on Randy when he lost 48-0 vs UVA in the last game of the orange bowl.

Advertisement
Coker sucked and Golden sucked. Randy I am 50/50 on. He didn't have the budget or resources, and that is all Shalala. Notice how she leaves, and we do a complete 180 immediately?

I dont know how you could be 50/50 on Randy when he lost 48-0 vs UVA in the last game of the orange bowl.[/QUOTE]
Incredible the pass he gets, I used to put excuses but u are what your record says u are period.

How come Miami doesn't just field defenses from a talented school with great defenses like we're doing with STA? We might literally field their entire starting senior class on defense and I'm okay with that. STA usually has great talent because kids from other schools transfer there to play big time ball. We'd be making a great pipeline to talent rich HS as well.

meh I guess that just lazy recruiting.
Why do people keep posting sh-t like this when sta has been our pipeline chool since the 80s. we get mostly who we want from there..they are our pipeline school!

Last edited:
Why do people keep posting sh-t like this when sta has been our pipeline chool since the 80s. we get mostly who we want from there..they are our pipeline school!

I agree but why do you believe that is the case? Is their ties between the two schools?

I hope we get Battle.

Coker, Shannon, and Golden all were bad coaches. However Coker and Shannon had redeeming qualities. Coker won a NC (and a bad call away from 2 NCs) and Shannon was a Cane in his playing days. OTOH there's nothing to mitigate how much Golden sucked.

Advertisement

I know I'm just saying how come we don't target more from that school. They always seem to be loaded.

I dont know how you could be 50/50 on Randy when he lost 48-0 vs UVA in the last game of the orange bowl.
Incredible the pass he gets, I used to put excuses but u are what your record says u are period.[/QUOTE]

Because he got smoke by Oklahoma also, and 2 years later beat them in a game we looked at as our return to the big time. Remember, OU played for the natty year before. He just never had to resources (coaches, recruiting budget, etc) to get over the hump, that is a reason why I'm 50/50.

I agree but why do you believe that is the case? Is their ties between the two schools?

I hope we get Battle.

i mean the best player to come out of the school is Michael Irvin.

The same coach is the A.D. there and is very um friendly.

Advertisement
I know I'm just saying how come we don't target more from that school. They always seem to be loaded.

I mean we typically target 2-3 kids out of there EVERY YEAR when they have prospects with our needs. Our starting TE will be from there this year in Michael Irving Jr.

Incredible the pass he gets, I used to put excuses but u are what your record says u are period.

Because he got smoke by Oklahoma also, and 2 years later beat them in a game we looked at as our return to the big time. Remember, OU played for the natty year before. He just never had to resources (coaches, recruiting budget, etc) to get over the hump, that is a reason why I'm 50/50.[/QUOTE]

Oklahoma played the game without QB Sam Bradford, and I think TE Jermaine Grisham. Both injured. Even with my orange-and-green sunglasses on I could see this made a big difference in OU’s offense.

Respect Randy as a former player, not as a former Head Coach.

Advertisement

Because he got smoke by Oklahoma also, and 2 years later beat them in a game we looked at as our return to the big time. Remember, OU played for the natty year before. He just never had to resources (coaches, recruiting budget, etc) to get over the hump, that is a reason why I'm 50/50.[/QUOTE]
Hes always going to suck to me and he sucked for the gators they hated him and rightfully so. He coached there D like the 01 canes like he had the best players....u can only get away with his scheme if u out athlete everyone. He got all the players from mnw and didnt recruit david who was the best of the bunch. He also took the names off the jerseys i repeat he took the names off the jerseys.......again fuq that guy. He can have all the resources and he would still lose here because he doesnt like to battle in recruiting he fell out of love with that **** year one. Shapiro re recruited that class im not giving randycredit cause everything fell apart on the trail in year two.

Its like a sin if u say this randy was a bad coach....i dont care if he was the first puertorican ever on the planet if he coached my beloved team that way he sucks. I was happy he was at uf i was happy he was there coach with all the resources but guess what they chose another bumb to replace him which says alot of what they thought of him.

The only way he willever be good again is if hes under a saban type coach with ballers everywhwre.

Not all are d1 prospects or project that way. Just because they win in HS doesnt mean a **** thing at the next level. I think we target there best

Advertisement
Back