Miami Pro Day 2022

Guys with more knowledge of s&c should we be concerned that both of our O lineman couldn’t do more than 10 reps of 225 because both had pec/shoulder injuries pop up while doing the lifts?

How is this possible
Maybe they didn't warm up properly. They also were going a little too fast and the mechanics of the muscles may have gotten out of sync.

Advertisement
Guys with more knowledge of s&c should we be concerned that both of our O lineman couldn’t do more than 15 reps of 225 because both had pec/shoulder injuries pop up while doing the lifts?

How is this possible
They're not warming up or haven't been practicing the lift. I used to always practice the 225 lift, the trick for me was warm-up light, then do 1 rep at 75% max. I was able to get to 18-21 reps with me weighing 180lbs

Advertisement
Is N'Kosi Perry going to do the Pro Day here or at his current college?
I believe N'Kosi has another year of eligibility. He was in the 2017 class. He was redshirted his freshman yesr. With the Covid year, 2022 will be a 6th year senior.

Looks like N'Kosi decided to return to FAU for his final season as he is mentioned by Taggert as having improved this Spring.

Last edited:
The $ paid to 6th and 7th round draft choices are only a bit higher than the active roster minimums. There is a good argument that a player is better off picking his own destination in a free agent negotiation than being drafted in the late round. Teams rarely cut 1-5 round guys right away but are willing to drop 6s and 7s if they look like a bust. The 6s and 7s have very little money guaranteed just like the undrafted free agents.

Hope our guys find a home where they can earn a $700k + check (new league min) for a few years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back