Miami Predicition

I just hope we win ALL the games we are supposed to win (9) and 1-2 of the games that will be tough match ups.

11-1 or 12-2 are possibilities...

But once again, our season will depend on our QB play, and this year the DL needs to replace and perform to have these records

Advertisement
It is so difficult to see us losing at home especially if we get off to a good start. The masses will truly believe and the stadium will be full of hype. Especially if we get past Florida.
Plus Diaz has already emphasized early on that we need to protect the Home field.

Looking at the road games they don't really scare me but this is looking at them in March. A lot can happen during a season. injuries, suspensions (stupid targeting rules) etc.

Let's just take it one game at a time.

NEVER GIVE IN AND NEVER GIVE UP.
Lol I’m a realist so no matter how much i favor the fact that we are going to go 12-0.. i realize that we consistently f up and lose to a random ACC team every year. Add onto that our “toughest” opponent is UF and it’s Game 1, i can see us not being disciplined offensively and losing that way.. then we play @ PITT after a 5 home games in 6 weeks stretch so that’s definitely a potential upset game.

That’s why i say 9-3.. now i also think UF doesn’t have really any film on our offense and if we don’t have a **** ton of penalties, we should stomp them. then if our players actually mature and have discipline throughout the season.. we can avoid an ACC blunder to a random. Which leaves us with PITT.. i don’t think we lose but our 1st road game in 6 weeks, FSU the week after and possibly cold weather make me think upset (one of those you never know what could happen games).

Advertisement
We’ve been saying this for a decade and we still get tripped up by a team we should easily beat.

That happens to every team in the country for the most part. Aside from last year and I think 2009, Bama would lose a game but they were given the benefit of the doubt cause SEC. USC was similar as well in terms of losing a conf game to a middling Pac12 team during their run.

It takes a special team to go undefeated and not get tripped up at some point.

That happens to every team in the country for the most part. Aside from last year and I think 2009, Bama would lose a game but they were given the benefit of the doubt cause SEC. USC was similar as well in terms of losing a conf game to a middling Pac12 team during their run.

It takes a special team to go undefeated and not get tripped up at some point.

Ok then besides the year we won the coastal we’d get tripped up by 2-3 teams that we have no business losing to. How’s that

Advertisement
Advertisement
How does any one, outside of the involved parties, know how much of a fight the suckeyes put up to keep Tate? Being a high 4 star QB that has been in the system for a couple of years leads me to think they would have liked to keep him on board. Unless discipline is a issue generally coaches don't just let guys like that walk no matter how talented the rest of the team is.

How does any one, outside of the involved parties, know how much of a fight the suckeyes put up to keep Tate? Being a high 4 star QB that has been in the system for a couple of years leads me to think they would have liked to keep him on board. Unless discipline is a issue generally coaches don't just let guys like that walk no matter how talented the rest of the team is.
There was some earlier reporting from CBS that Ryan Day basically didn't have a spot for Martell on the roster, and that he wanted to go in a different direction with the team. There didn't necessarily seem to be any reason, on Tate's end or for discipline, for OSU not wanting to keep him. It just seems that the new HC wanted Fields on board, and probably thought Fields was a better prospect/immediate impact player. Day has huge shoes to fill. If OSU even takes a slight step back next year, the heat's already going to be on.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...f-college-free-agency-but-its-huge-for-miami/

In that scenario we’ll be undefeated going into Pitt. Do you think those senior linebackers are going to allow another undefeated season to be blown at Pitt?

I don’t think we’re going undefeated but that’s not it

Advertisement
I'm sure we would have handled Michigan just fine

When the star players sit out of a bowl game, the team is not going to play the same. And besides, everyone knew Michigan's season was over once they got blasted by Ohio State.

Now quit being a gator cuck.

I’m not sold on a starter a QB just yet, I do agree that our pass defense will take step back with 3 new starters but the talent is there. Osborn may be a notch better than Cager we’ll see. IMO the oline will be improved, and we’ll see the ball getting to our playmakers more often whoever the QB is. I also agree with the defense being more stout against the run this year, I believe we’ll see more plays on special teams as well.

We should lose to UF, sad to say. Not sure we can improve that much, in half a year.
You do realize the cancers that were holding us back are gone, right? We have a talented team, and now it appears we have a much improved coaching staff that is anything but in retirement mode. I swear, I have never seen a team more poorly coached than what I saw last year. We had 10+ win talent, and a coaching staff that had no clue how to get the most from the talent they had.

By the way, what makes Florida so tough?

Advertisement
Back