Miami Predicition

TheChosenOne

Senior
I think we'll finish the year 11-1. I think we lose to Pitt because winter is coming earlier this year and I just can't trust the Canes in cold weather game against physical run heavy teams. (BC, WIS twice etc). The biggest threat for the coastal is probably Virginia.

1) It will be led by Jarren Williams. I usually don't jump the fence (especially after 3 practices - I know better) until I've watched the spring game at least but honestly I think Jarren is our best option at QB. It not about the reports it more like I just don't trust the other guys. I've never really been behind N'kosi, even when it was a love fest around here before he got here, mainly because I don't trust Florida QB like so many of you already know. I know everyone was hyping up Martell but his NCAA wavier situation confirmed my worse fears, he isn't the guy. Let me get this straight, the OC/QB coach, turned HC in Ryan Day just let Martell walk with no contest? ****, we put up more of a resistance trying to stop Evan Sheriffs from transferring then Ohio State stopping Martell from transferring. Also, don't forget that they went hard after Fields while Martell was still on the roster and I'm sure someone will say "Anyone would go after Fields" which is true, but if you already have a guy in line to take over you don't risk him transferring going after another player. It a red flag no matter how you look at.

2) I think our defense statistically will take a dip but I think we'll look more stout defensively, more sideline to sideline speed especially against the run. I've been watching Arkon and La Tech film and I just saw more things done defensively to stop the run. I think we'll take a step back against the pass because of the youth at DB.

3) KJ Osborn could be legit. Based on the video I've seen of him he doesn't look like a small school transfer. Usually these small school transfers looks unathletic in their motion but based on the practice videos he looks like he can move well but these are just small clips obviously. Trading him for Cager might have been a steal though.

4) I know Richt was not good with managing the offense but I'm going to trust his words when he said he thought the youngster on the O-line could be pretty good. I liked what little we got to see of them (same with JWill) (Scaife, Cambell, Hillery, Reed - not 100% sold on Gaynor yet).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not to say I disagree with your arguments, but the fact that Ryan Day isn't putting up a huge fight to keep Martell isn't a big deal. I'm sure that there isn't a QB aside from Lawrence or Tua that Day wouldn't let walk without being too upset if they got Fields.

Fields is just thought of to be in the 3rd best QB in college football based on his talents by many (that he lives up to it is unknown). Day clearly doesn't believe Martell has the talent or ceiling that Fields has so he let him go.

Obv. Fields nor Martell are at this level, but to illustrate, it is like saying Drew Brees is trash if the Patriots had him and decided to trade him away since they have Brady.

I see us finishing as high 12-0, and as bad as 9-3 (losses to UF, PITT, and a random ACC team).

I don’t think we lose 3 games but that’s just the worst record i think this team should have and even with 3 losses it’s a huge disappointment in my eyes

I see us finishing as high 12-0, and as bad as 9-3 (losses to UF, PITT, and a random ACC team).

I don’t think we lose 3 games but that’s just the worst record i think this team should have and even with 3 losses it’s a huge disappointment in my eyes
NEVER GIVE IN AND NEVER GIVE UP.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think we'll finish the year 11-1. I think we lose to Pitt because winter is coming earlier this year and I just can't trust the Canes in cold weather game against physical run heavy teams. (BC, WIS twice etc). The biggest threat for the coastal is probably Virginia.

1) It will be led by Jarren Williams. I usually don't jump the fence (especially after 3 practices - I know better) until I've watched the spring game at least but honestly I think Jarren is our best option at QB. It not about the reports it more that I just don't trust the other guys. I've never really been behind N'kosi, even when it was a love fest around here before he got here, mainly because I don't trust Florida QB like so many of you already know. I know everyone was hyping up Martell but his NCAA wavier situation confirmed my worse fears, he isn't the guy. Let me get this straight, the OC/QB coach, turned HC in Ryan Day just let Martell walk with no contest? ****, we put up more of a resistance trying to stop Evan Sheriffs from transferring then Ohio State stopping Martell from transferring. Also, don't forget that they went hard after Fields while Martell was still on the roster and I'm sure someone will say "Anyone would go after Fields" which is true, but if you already have a guy in line to take over you don't risk him transferring going after another player. It a red flag no matter how you look at.

2) I think our defense statistically will take a dip but I think we'll look more stout defensively, sideline to sideline especially against the run. I've been watching Arkon and La Tech film and I just saw more things down defensively to stop the run. I think we'll take a step back against the pass.

3) KJ Osborn could be legit. Based on the video I've seen of him he doesn't look like a small school transfer. Usually these small school transfers looks unathletic in their motion but based on the practice videos he looks like he can move well but these are just small clips obviously. Trading him for Cager might have been a steal though.

4) I know Richt was not good with managing the offense but I'm going to trust his words when he said he thought the youngster on the O-line could be pretty good. I liked what little we got to see of them (same with JWill) (Scaife, Cambell, Hillery, Reed - not 100% sold on Gaynor yet).
Dang, where was your number 1 point when when everybody was “sweating nut sacks” worrying about Tate’s eligibility.

1) It will be led by Jarren Williams. I usually don't jump the fence (especially after 3 practices - I know better) until I've watched the spring game at least but honestly I think Jarren is our best option at QB. It not about the reports it more that I just don't trust the other guys. I've never really been behind N'kosi, even when it was a love fest around here before he got here, mainly because I don't trust Florida QB like so many of you already know. I know everyone was hyping up Martell but his NCAA wavier situation confirmed my worse fears, he isn't the guy. Let me get this straight, the OC/QB coach, turned HC in Ryan Day just let Martell walk with no contest? ****, we put up more of a resistance trying to stop Evan Sheriffs from transferring then Ohio State stopping Martell from transferring. Also, don't forget that they went hard after Fields while Martell was still on the roster and I'm sure someone will say "Anyone would go after Fields" which is true, but if you already have a guy in line to take over you don't risk him transferring going after another player. It a red flag no matter how you look at.

2) I think our defense statistically will take a dip but I think we'll look more stout defensively, sideline to sideline especially against the run. I've been watching Arkon and La Tech film and I just saw more things down defensively to stop the run. I think we'll take a step back against the pass.

in lsu game talked about how richt said didn't have his type oline, how richt said once campbell/reed/Gaynor Scaife ready would have an sec type oline well looks like campbell is ready Gaynor and Scaife also so could be pretty good oline. I agree on qb. I said it last year Williams should of started early is most accurate passer on team still. accuracy in qb matters. have skill players if get qb can get them ball and oline can block it up gonna be hard to stop on offense if score 28 or more per game go 12-0.

Advertisement

WE ARE NOT GOING TO LOSE TO PITT !!!

Advertisement

1. Not sure who is best at QB yet, but I'm not even speculating at this point. As long as the kid runs the offense better than the guy who started the last, say, 10-15 seasons...We'll be ok.
  2. Better from sideline to sideline? We just lost our 2 most effective run stoppers, and several DBs, I think I'll take a seat on this one. I'm concerned about DB depth and DL depth. We'll definitely take a dip
  3. Not sold on KJ yet, but anyone is an upgrade over a WR who can't catch the ball, lol
  4. OL is one of the biggest questions on the team and one of the absolute most significant places that we HAVE to be better. Right now the only positive through spring, is that we have experience there, and that's about it.

As you can see, I'll take the pessimistic route until shown something more.

Advertisement
Back