Miami players to watch?

ArRZs.gif

Advertisement
Who do you think WSU folks should be aware of outside of your QB? What do you think you will be able to exploit against WSU? Just looking to get some game talk going.

You may want to try State of The U, a Miami-Florida Hurricanes community I think you'll get more of the type of response you're looking for. This is a bit of a tough neighborhood.

To be honest I have looked at all of the Miami sites from that one to Scout, to Rivals....dead. I understand this is not a good year for Miami, and the fans a restless and less than impressed with the bowl selection. That said it is interesting that Miami, having fallen so far, is still able to be unimpressed with anything at this point. The sense of entitlement is weird. nobody is talking about the game anywhere other than to be disappointed. This site is pretty active, but seems focused on the coaching change (understandable) and being done with the season. I think the game itself is a pretty intriguing matchup. Looking through advanced stats etc. it looks on paper to be pretty close. Thought some would like to talk about it, but understand that will not be the case. Good luck with the new HC. Seems to be a quality hire who may be motivated by his perceived weaknesses....but in the ACC I think he will do well.

Keep an eye on Wheezing Doug McCloud. Big time DT Golden pulled in his last cycle before getting fired.

Coral Gables by way of Piscataway. He's a 5'6'' 500 lb linemen with a cleft palate that can really get after it. A bit of trouble keeping his mouthpiece in, but he'll make a big impact and disrupt Leach's offense for the 3 plays a game he's able to run.

I'd also look out for Kirk Binglefield. This is a free safety our defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio landed out of Trenton, NJ. He's legally blind and works on echolocation, so assuming the crowd in El Paso isn't too noisy, he might be able to help shut down this vaunted Cougar's air attack. He's also notorious for giving offensive linemen fits as his pre-snap high-pitched shrieks have been known to draw more than a few false start penalties.

And he doesn't excel at anything but playing safety.

Who do you think WSU folks should be aware of outside of your QB? What do you think you will be able to exploit against WSU? Just looking to get some game talk going.

You may want to try State of The U, a Miami-Florida Hurricanes community I think you'll get more of the type of response you're looking for. This is a bit of a tough neighborhood.

To be honest I have looked at all of the Miami sites from that one to Scout, to Rivals....dead. I understand this is not a good year for Miami, and the fans a restless and less than impressed with the bowl selection. That said it is interesting that Miami, having fallen so far, is still able to be unimpressed with anything at this point. The sense of entitlement is weird. nobody is talking about the game anywhere other than to be disappointed. This site is pretty active, but seems focused on the coaching change (understandable) and being done with the season. I think the game itself is a pretty intriguing matchup. Looking through advanced stats etc. it looks on paper to be pretty close. Thought some would like to talk about it, but understand that will not be the case. Good luck with the new HC. Seems to be a quality hire who may be motivated by his perceived weaknesses....but in the ACC I think he will do well.

Unfortunately, we have alot of ****holes disguised as UM fans.

As for the game, this was probably the worst matchup for UM because you guys run an offense that we
don't see in this part of the country, and it requires a considerable amount of preparation and
attention to detail.
But with our crappy coaches on the defensive side of the ball, most (if not all) who have one foot out
of the door, I see my Canes getting school by Leach.
In summary, alot of us Cane fans just don't know what to expect from our team anymore.
We certainly have talent on the roster, so you will see some stellar individual effort from a select
group of players, but nothing impressive as a team.
We probably know more of what to expect from Wazzu than our guys.
Hence why we have a new coach.

Keep an eye on Wheezing Doug McCloud. Big time DT Golden pulled in his last cycle before getting fired.

Coral Gables by way of Piscataway. He's a 5'6'' 500 lb linemen with a cleft palate that can really get after it. A bit of trouble keeping his mouthpiece in, but he'll make a big impact and disrupt Leach's offense for the 3 plays a game he's able to run.

I'd also look out for Kirk Binglefield. This is a free safety our defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio landed out of Trenton, NJ. He's legally blind and works on echolocation, so assuming the crowd in El Paso isn't too noisy, he might be able to help shut down this vaunted Cougar's air attack. He's also notorious for giving offensive linemen fits as his pre-snap high-pitched shrieks have been known to draw more than a few false start penalties.

If you didn't laugh at that you're not human

Advertisement

aight here we go

Canes offense: Kayaa is well known at QB so we'll skip that.
Canes WR core is pretty talented #11 and #3 will both play on sundays. #3 is the speed threat, #11 is more physical possession type. #6 is a little inconsistent (really goes for the whole team) but when he's on we have 3 legit NFL prospects at WR.

TE group is well rounded. #86 is the threat in the passing game, former WR is athletic and a mismatch for LB's and Safeties. Also was a high jump champ in high school so he's an obvious redzone threat. We like to flex him out in the slot to create mismatches.

RB's are both quicker than fast, with good hands out of the backfield. We really lack size at the position and they aren't move the pile types.

OL is the biggest weakness. They have struggled all year and I don't expect that to change this game. Very penalty prone group as well.

Canes defense: CB core really only has 3 proven players. Burns #1 is a top 3 round draft prospect at CB. 6'0 195lbs with 4.4 speed. I think he leads the ACC in interceptions as well. I would probably stay away from him. Elder #29 is a nice cover CB but is smaller 5'10 185lbs and can get out muscled. Howard #3 is a veteran and i'm sure he will get a lot of work. He's been up and down, he's a 4 year veteran and has made some plays but he lacks great speed and isn't physical in the run game.

Safeties are a work in progress. #2 Bush is a beast and an NFL prospect. he's physical and solid in coverage. If you see #25 on the field, automatically audible and attack him. He's small 5'10 and slow. nobody really gets why he still plays. Jenkins #26 is solid. he's a playmaker in zone, adequate in man coverage and in run support. #6 Carter is our most physical safety, he'll take your head off but plays undisciplined at times and can give up big plays with poor angles and being too aggressive. #4 is a tru frosh who we think will be a future all-ACC player. all 5 players get time.

LB is a thin position with injuries. #5 Grace is a sideline to sideline player with 4.4-4.5 speed. He's a little undersized but is comfortable in space and checking RB and TE. Young #51 is a young player but has shown some speed and pop. very little experience and haven't seen him much in coverage but I would think he can be attacked there. Harris #33 is a bit of a tweener. he's slow but is pretty solid, won't get out of position but not really a play maker either.

Dline is solid but not spectacular. Hertelou #93, Jenkins #92 , Kamalu #47, Moten #95 are all solid but not playmakers. Mohammad #8, Mccord #17 and Thomas #9 are the most talented players on the edge and are best chance of making plays rushing the passer. Mohammad might declare for the draft. #7 Norton is a freshman but has flashed a few times. wouldn't be surprised if he made a play.

Berrios is bad at PR as Walton is avg at KR. our kicker is good as is our punter. coverage units are above average.

Last edited:
Pretty succinct ^^^^^
I don't know much about WSU's front 7, but if they are lacking we can control the ball and score.
Our d has been terrible at times and DC and secondary coach suck.

I try not to be as much of an ******* as the rest of these a$$holes, but to be quite honest I'm right there with the entitlement. As far as we're concerned, we deserve championships. DESERVE them. This isn't about logic, it's about growing up watching greatness...it leads you to expect more of it. Do you think ND fans sit around talking about how great an 8 win season is and how they're lucky to be playing on Dec. 26th? No. And we're 10x better than those d!ckheads. At least. Sure it makes us obnoxious and entitled, but there it is. None of that is meant to make you feel bad about your team, it's just how we roll.

I try not to be as much of an ******* as the rest of these a$$holes, but to be quite honest I'm right there with the entitlement. As far as we're concerned, we deserve championships. DESERVE them. This isn't about logic, it's about growing up watching greatness...it leads you to expect more of it. Do you think ND fans sit around talking about how great an 8 win season is and how they're lucky to be playing on Dec. 26th? No. And we're 10x better than those d!ckheads. At least. Sure it makes us obnoxious and entitled, but there it is. None of that is meant to make you feel bad about your team, it's just how we roll.

I do get it. At least you guys have won something in the past 20 years. We share a state with a group of fans that are as or more entitled with a half a NC to their name (shared with you I believe). As for me feeling bad about WSU, I have had plenty of losing seasons in a row to watch. This is different, and feels like we are getting back to where we were in the early 2000's. Had 3 straight top ten finishes, and went straight to ****.

Advertisement
Pretty succinct ^^^^^
I don't know much about WSU's front 7, but if they are lacking we can control the ball and score.
Our d has been terrible at times and DC and secondary coach suck.

Front seven is hit and miss. Hercules and Veao are beastly, and Pelluer at mlb is pretty good. Can get tired out if the O doesn't take some pressure off though.

I do get it. At least you guys have won something in the past 20 years. We share a state with a group of fans that are as or more entitled with a half a NC to their name (shared with you I believe). As for me feeling bad about WSU, I have had plenty of losing seasons in a row to watch. This is different, and feels like we are getting back to where we were in the early 2000's. Had 3 straight top ten finishes, and went straight to ****.

It's real important that your team get completely embarrassed in their upcoming bowl game. After that, I wish you and your team the best of luck.

As an aside, please don't bring up the '91 thing. I was a student at UM that year, and I can promise you that neither I nor any other Miami fan thinks that Washington was qualified to launder the team's uniforms let alone share a national title. I still want to punch Sports Illustrated in it's f**king nose for printing a story about how the huskies would win if the teams played each other. Seriously, one of the best college football teams that's ever taken the field was going to lose to Washington? Please.

Advertisement

That's the difference in Miami and Wash St fans, ya'll are ecstatic about playing in the fugging Sun Bowl. I get it, WSU has been bad for a long time so any bowl game is a positive, but understand Miami fans have higher expectations than a 2nd tier bowl game.

Like I said before, kick rocks buddy

Advertisement

You may want to try State of The U, a Miami-Florida Hurricanes community I think you'll get more of the type of response you're looking for. This is a bit of a tough neighborhood.[/QUOTE

That's the difference in Miami and Wash St fans, ya'll are ecstatic about playing in the fugging Sun Bowl. I get it, WSU has been bad for a long time so any bowl game is a positive, but understand Miami fans have higher expectations than a 2nd tier bowl game.

True, we are happy to be bowling. I doubt you would find many WSU folks happy that this is the bowl we ended up in. I guess the positive is that at least we did not go to the next highest bowl to play an under.500 Nebraska team. Miami has not beaten any good teams this year but the record looks better anyway. We were hoping for the Holiday, but they went with a USC team that has vastly underperformed instead. ,While there is not much to do here, I believe I can find something moderately more entertaining than kicking rocks.....Enjoy the holidays.

You may want to try State of The U, a Miami-Florida Hurricanes community I think you'll get more of the type of response you're looking for. This is a bit of a tough neighborhood.[/QUOTE

True, we are happy to be bowling. I doubt you would find many WSU folks happy that this is the bowl we ended up in. I guess the positive is that at least we did not go to the next highest bowl to play an under.500 Nebraska team. Miami has not beaten any good teams this year but the record looks better anyway. We were hoping for the Holiday, but they went with a USC team that has vastly underperformed instead. ,While there is not much to do here, I believe I can find something moderately more entertaining than kicking rocks.....Enjoy the holidays.

If you go to El Paso for the game you might not. There's some really good food and the game, but after that, kicking rocks might be about it.

Advertisement
Back